Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. inspector1546080872
    Started by inspector1546080872,

    The Merseyside Police helicopter is being scrapped under plans to pool police resources to save money. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-12925740

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 3.8k views
  2. simo84
    Started by simo84,

    Hi I just recently had my medical at OHU and the results were that I have high blood pressure. It came as a surprise because I'm 26 years old, eat well, have a very active lifestyle and rarely drink alcohol. I've had medicals before with the Territorial Army so having a medical is not a new experience for me. I recently bought one of those BP monitors and have been monitoring things at home and my blood pressure shows between 130/70 and 140/80 which is okay but when I go to the clinic it shows high. The doctor thinks I just need to get use to having it taken by them and that readings are coming down slowly so I have to delay my next appointment with OHU. I'm concerned I…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. jennyd984
    Started by jennyd984,

    Hi Is anyone starting merseyside Specials training on Thursday 7th July? I can't wait. Good luck everyone :-)

    • 13 replies
    • 2.1k views
  4. Wirralplod
    Started by Wirralplod,

    I am just wondering when the next round of promtions is. When does the application process start or where is it advertised. I was made up to acting sergeant in november and don't really want to miss out... Thanks in advance...

    • 14 replies
    • 3.7k views
  5. sophie33
    Started by sophie33,

    Has anyone been offered the training course, starting 15th June?? I only applied in late January, and I passed all within less than 4 months and im training next month! Looking forward to getting started now!

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 3.9k views
    jssmith1231546081292
  6. jp2uk
    Started by jp2uk,

    Hi guys 'n' dolls, Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the S/Con being the main source of recruitment for PC's in ALL forces in England and Wales... Good idea if they are thinking about BUDGETS nowadays, as it will save on training (not as much needed). I also hear that as the REGS wont be taking on for a while (5 Years) That Tutor COns will be coming out more with S/Cons - A GREAT IDEA IF YOU ASK ME... and again will help with the above mentioed idea that GMP and The MET seem to have peniclled in!! Just thought I would ask and see what people are hearing and what they think... JP:pc:

    • 12 replies
    • 3.3k views
  7. Polly30
    Started by Polly30,

    Hi Could anyone who has done their training already for Merseyside tell me how long it takes and on what days. What are the times of starting and finishing for a days training? Are they at weekends or in the week? Sorry for the many questions but the reason I'm asking is because I have been told (providing vetting has been completed) that I may be in with the July intakes but I am due to graduate officially in July. I don't want to book my graduation if it may fall on a training day. Any comments much appreciated.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. Jon!
    Started by Jon! +,

    Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/06/17/merseyside-police-chief-vote-to-go-ahead-100252-28893393/2/#ixzz1PZLgy2MH I've never seen the point to this, it just seems like a waste of the limited money that we have....

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
    inspector1546080872
  9. karlbbb
    Started by karlbbb,

    Hi all! Filled in my initial application today for the Specials with MerPol so of course still waiting to hear any response yet. There seems to be a lot of topics with people questioning which stations to be based at and I was hoping I could get a little feedback for my own situation. I currently live in Billinge (about 15 minutes walk from the Billinge station) and will be hoping to work in the St. Helens BCU. Would I find it beneficial to work at my local station (Billinge) due to its locality or should I go to St. Helens town centre? Would I be likely to find there was more of a variety of jobs from the town centre? (I have a particular interest in Roads Policing an…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 4.5k views
  10. Lauradoyle22
    Started by Lauradoyle22,

    Hey! Just recently passed all of the stages and now my training starts on 14th May! Can anyone tell me what happens on my induction day and first weekend of training please? Thanks

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 2.5k views
  11. Jon!
    Started by Jon! +,

    Source: Click! Interesting idea, not sure what to make of it though myself, I suppose it's a good thing that they are doing something to remember her. I wonder if they are going to apply stickers with the girls name on it or something.

    • 9 replies
    • 3.4k views
  12. inspector1546080872
    Started by inspector1546080872,

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/merpol/ You never know when someone could be taking a snap of you! One to be mindful of when you step outside the station in uniform.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 3.2k views
    inspector1546080872
  13. Navaltomo
    Started by Navaltomo,

    Anyone on here in the march intake? if so i shall be joining your group for your 2 psp weekends also attestation. I missed my final 2 weekends due to being taken to hospital with pneumonia and i got discharged the day before my 2nd to last weekend which was psp. Tom

    • 6 replies
    • 2k views
  14. john05977
    Started by john05977,

    I get asked which is the best station to go to as a special constable for Wirral?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 3.1k views
  15. indestructiblesam
    Started by indestructiblesam,

    I have a friend who works as a close protection officer, looking after footballers and businessmen. He wants to join the military police and has been advised that working as a special would be a bonus. He's submitted an application but has been knocked back because of his current job. I spoke to the guy who trained me up (I passed out last month) and he said it used to be a conflict, but that things were changing and it was being looked upon more favourably. He said ultimately the Chief gets to say yay or nay. My mate rang recruiting today and was told by someone that it was a conflict and his application was rejected. Is this definitely the case? Is there anyone I can …

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
    indestructiblesam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.