Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. JamesR
    Started by JamesR,

    It seems that it only involves a Maths part, English part, Checking of information and the part about making sense of a situation and so on (forget the proper name) But then I have read there is a part on "'Why you want to become a Special" on A4 paper? < This wasn't on the Merseyside Police site and the practice test they gave me has no mention? My actual question is, it says I will be there for 2 and a half hours? With most of the first parts lasting 12 minutes, how will that time be taken up? Thank you very much in advance, James.

      • Like
    • 44 replies
    • 2.7k views
  2. Coach
    Started by Coach,

    I've just come accross "The merseyside police insight scheme" on the merpol website. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever been on this scheme as it sounds really interesting http://www.merseyside.police.uk/html/recru...sight/index.htm

    • 11 replies
    • 2.6k views
  3. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    hello there, I recently applied to Merseyside Specials but didnt pass the PIRT first go, missing by about 20 pionts I could have another go in march but, its sometime to wait. I have started to think instead of going into Merseyside Specials and then a carreer as a Reg.I have looked into RAF Police Which is good pay and hopefully after five or so years I plan on coming out having been trained ready for the role of a Regular Constable within Merseyside Constabulary.I have seen they wont be taking on anyone for a while yet at least 18 months, so this could give me another edge over other applicants. I dont want to wait around with a boring job in Asda until i could apply …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  4. Swilbraham
    Started by Swilbraham,

    Hi, I passed my interview last Thursday. Heard I was successful the same day! The process so far has been very quick. I have medical a week tomorrow. Not sure if vetting begins before or after medical? Anyone else in the same position?

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. WiganS
    Started by WiganS,

    For those who weren't aware the new non emergency number started across merseyside from today and it is 101

    • 0 replies
    • 693 views
  6. dsmith1984
    Started by dsmith1984,

    Hi All This is my first post but I am made up as I got my offer over the phone yesterday so I'm just awaiting the details in the post! I'm apparently starting my training on the 30th Nov and I can't wait! Is anyone starting at the end of the month? For those who are already in the role, how have you found your first few weeks/months??

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Submitted my MerseyPol Specials app last night. Received an acceptance email this morning! Anybody else receive really good service from the recruitment team? Well done. Next step: Assessment day :/ Edit: obviosuly the subtitle for the topic should read 'Kudos' [Happy to oblige - pH]

    • 49 replies
    • 3.5k views
  8. jssmith1231546081292
    Started by jssmith1231546081292,

    I start my training this thursday and i am hoping to get a station in Liverpool North (Hopefully Walton Lane) can anyone give me any info on these stations? Cheers J

    • 1 reply
    • 680 views
  9. nurse37_123
    Started by nurse37_123,

    Does anybody know at what level the maths questions are likely to be, easy, medium or hard? need to start revising but don't know what sort of maths I should be concentrating on.

    • 1 reply
    • 636 views
  10. jssmith1231546081292
    Started by jssmith1231546081292,

    Hi guys! Just got my formal offer! Its been a long wait around 7 months! I was just wondering if anyone else will be on the course?

    • 3 replies
    • 826 views
  11. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    i failed it by about 30 marks :D i knew at the time the checking information went wrong for me i got the dates mixed up big time, i rang up and was told yes it was this that let you down overall. i am very gutted as i want this so badly and keep putting too much pressure on myself to pass but i am asking myself maybe i am not cut out for the job, as this is my second attempt at the test. i could try again in march which i want to do i feel like it takes so long to get in the force, is it all worth the stress. i want the job in the end to become a regular constable, but if i cant even get in the specials what chance do i have at making that. gutted big time!

    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    hi there, anyone else doing their PIRT for merseyside specials on october 10th ??

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. vanilla
    Started by vanilla,

    There used to be a CopShop on Church Street in the City Centre a few years ago and I think it is fantastic to have it back, it increases public reassurance and reduces response time by making it easily accessible in St John Market. Nice One.

    • 10 replies
    • 3.5k views
  14. BSNGJACK
    Started by BSNGJACK,

    Hi, Has anyone got their official invite to the Sept Intake for the specials. HQ are just waiting for one final reference and my vetting docs to come back. At which point I expect a formal welcome pack etc. I know the process takes a while, but it's got to the point where I just can't wait to get started now. Thanks G

    • 23 replies
    • 3k views
  15. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    hi, i put up one on the general desucssion but i think i should on here so its direct with merseyside police and its specials so here goes. I am soon to take my PIRT and then hopefully interview with merseyside and then start the progress of vetting now i am have a problem if anyone can help of give advice. i put on my application my recent job for a healthfoods company as role of manager which is right, but since submiting my application the bussiness status has changed we have had a set back now due to more product range ,delayin stock arriving and wont be going live until a few mounths later forcing me to go on the dole to look for work until the web site and s…

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
    Marinebillie1918

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.