Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    Merseyside general chat area. Don't be shy, introduce yourself

  2. Chief Rat

    🚔👮‍♂️🛣️ Curious about the training and qualifications our dedicated Merseyside Police officers in the Special Constabulary receive when they join the Roads Policing Units? 🤔 Let's delve into the details to understand the high standards they meet to don that coveted 'white' hat! 🧢 📚 The Training Portfolio: Ever wondered what it takes? Merseyside's finest officers undergo rigorous training covering a broad spectrum of road policing techniques, traffic management, and public safety. We're keen to see how it compares to other forces! 📊 🚗 Driving Authority: The power behind the wheel! We're interested in knowing the level of driving authority …

    • 0 replies
    • 13 views
  3. Bak1984
    Started by Bak1984 * ,

    Hi Wondered if anyone can shed any light? I've completed all stages for police officer role and been told 2 weeks ago they are just awaiting GP further info so that Force Medical Doctor can sign off my medical. I completed my medical on 9th Jan. I've emailed recruitment for update on a couple of occasions but no reply as of yet. I applied months before the diploma applications and heard that last intake before this comes into place is 24th March. Does anyone know if this is the case and would I need to now undertake the 3 year diploma as do not have a degree?

    • 1 reply
    • 48 views
  4. EssoV5
    Started by EssoV5 * ,

    Anyone due for the 24th Feb intake? Counting down the days in my current job

  5. Murtaugh
    Started by Murtaugh +,

    Hi everybody, Is anyone due to start with Merseyside? I am due to start in just over a week. Regards, M

    • 1 reply
    • 40 views
  6. Dalogist

    Hi all, I'm not even sure if this forum is still active, but I wanted to share my experience with everyone. I have recently applied for the role of Police Constable with Merseyside Police and my application status is Await shortlisting. At the time of writing, MP have temporarily closed their recruitment lines, so I am hoping to hear something in the next month or so.

  7. jb9459
    Started by jb9459 * ,

    Hello, I am new to this forum but your questions and topics have helped me massively during the selection process that I have been going through. I was just wondering in your experience, how long the selection process tends to take? I had my interview two weeks ago and submitted the sickness review form the same day I found out I had passed. Ive heard a few people say it can be a number of weeks or a number of months but as just wondering how long each phase usually takes? Also if anyone has heard when the various intakes of Merseyside Police are this year it would also be greatly appreciated. Cheers for your help.

  8. Drummerja
    Started by Drummerja,

    Hello Wondering if anyone can shed any light (ethically...) on the final interview. i have heard they are marked on the current competencies, 45-1 hour long interview and around 6 questions (with probing questions). I have started to my home work on: PCC, community first, operational model (borderless policing), force priories and objectives, current issues Merseyside is facing and what they're doing about it etc. Going to try and have 7 or 8 examples of when I have... xyz. any help is great, I have emailed requesting comms with a force interviewer as previously suggested and or any information they can share. those who don't ask etc. …

    • 0 replies
    • 639 views
  9. mikeefc
    Started by mikeefc * ,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone is going to apply later this month for Merseyside Police? I believe they will stop applications when reached 2000. Just a heads up really for anyone didn't know and to support each other through the recruitment process. Thanks Mike

  10. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,

    Bit of a weird one, what spray do MerPol use? I saw officers recently with a lime green lid on their sprays. I'm use to seeing CS in a grey cannister, PAVA in a red lid or black lid variant and the inert training spray with a teal lid - what is this mysterious lime green one?

  11. Katie
    Started by Katie * ,

    Hey , has anyone heard when Merseyside police are looking into sending out medical appointments for PC role ?

    Sir Penguin
  12. DAVESMITH33331546619992
    Started by DAVESMITH33331546619992,

    A prisoner was arrested for a DV matter. Custody was authorised, however a mental health assessment was required and the prisoner was deemed unfit for detention due to mod being low. The custody officer released the prisoner pending disposal decision, NOT on bail. The custody officer was of the view that the prisoner could be voluntarily interviewed at some point in the future post community assessments. The problem is now that the prisoner is refusing to attend the police station, despite being deemed fit to attend a Voluntary Interview. A CPN nurse has assessed in the suspect in the community, the VA interview was deemed fine to go …

    • 3 replies
    • 604 views
    Sir Penguin
  13. Deanr201
    Started by Deanr201,

    Hi all I'm currently going through the selection process and I'm interested to find out what type of shifts people are on once out of training school? Thanks

    Jaydee1546620346
  14. Moopheus
    Started by Moopheus,

    I have my Medical next week with Merseyside Police and IF successful with the rest of the application process I'd be moving from York to the local area as commuting isn't something I'm willing to do down the M62 motorway... So it's just me and my wife with 2 little Yorkshire terriers, so the place doesn't have to be large 1-2 Bedroom Apartment/House is fine were not really that fussy about size, ideally in an alright area I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my wife to travel to work in a high crime area, and ideally have good travel links she has a little 50cc scooter but ideally Train/Bus links into Liverpool for work would be ideal. ​We have family in Skelmersdale and…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Jaydee1546620346
  15. alison2101
    Started by alison2101 * ,

    Hi All I had an email late afternoon yesterday saying my fitness test was on Friday. As in, 2 days away.... Is such short notice the norm? I really wanted to be a special - but there is no way I can get time off work at this late stage in the week. The time slots are all morning and afternoon, so couldn't even choose a later one and go after work. It's the Grand National, Liverpool's biggest weekend. People will be going Ladies day, working in bars, restaurants etc. I am sure I am not the only one who sill struggle.... It is so disappointing. I feel the whole process has seemed long and disorganised. I have had less trouble when applying for fu…

    • 1 reply
    • 394 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.