Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    In grumble mode. Does anybody else find that the new PDP system needs a little tweaking? 1. I find the notion that even if you put in 100 hours a month and are competent you cannot move on from the Level 2 PDP onto the Level 3 PDP until you have been in a year (thus meaning that it is realistically going to be 1-2 years before you can gain IPS) unfair. Though I have also been told that 'if you dont reach independant within 18 months questions will be asked'! 2. The work on neighbourhood is unlikely to get you signed off anytime soon. 'Attachments' to patrol are ruled out. Only 'a few organised shifts' are acceptable. 3. Some of the 'training course requirement' parts …

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 3k views
  2. OscarMike
    Started by OscarMike,

    hi all, Ive had a very short time to prep for my interview (1week) as the recruitment process is moving along sharpish! I'm doing all i can scouring the forums for info and preparing answers related to the skills criteria Customer Service(serving the public)- professionalism - leadership - decision making - working with others - Knowledge of the role/force basically I'm after any last minute info i can grab on something that may have tripped you up on the day. some curveball that maybe you weren't expecting. cheers -Michael

    • 1 reply
    • 479 views
  3. OscarMike
    Started by OscarMike,

    Afternoon everyone, I passed my PIRT last week and have been invited to an interview this Wednesday (yay). Just after any force specific information i should be looking into apart from the job role and JUST trilogy that would help me in my interview. Thanks -Michael

    • 1 reply
    • 718 views
  4. jonny2542
    Started by jonny2542,
    stoppedreality +
  5. Kelloggs
    Started by Kelloggs,

    This might be beneficial to someone for whatever reason, so I thought I'd spend ten minutes to add my experience of the recruitment process, and a rough timeline of things as they progressed After applying for the role in late April, I received an email in mid May to say that recruitment was temporarily suspended. Then in early August I was told that recruitment was being continued, and was given a date around mid August to take the PIRT. Being quite unsure as to how I did in the test, mostly thinking I didn't do very well on a couple of points, I was pleased to find out only one day after, that I had actually passed. About two weeks later at the beginning of September…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,
  7. Pete D
    Started by Pete D,
  8. Chief Cheetah
    Started by Chief Cheetah,
    • 1 reply
    • 780 views
  9. DeltaBravoSC1546082200
    Started by DeltaBravoSC1546082200,

    Hello all, I received my acceptance letter yesterday and am due to start training the 11th of November as a SC, is there anyone else going to be on that intake? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 776 views
    DeltaBravoSC1546082200
  10. Tay1981
    Started by Tay1981,

    I have currently completed all stages for this role and have been waiting for a start date since february. I have tried contacting recruitment so many times to find out what is going on but they remain tight lipped about it I am just told to keep checking my inbox. Given the fact that some PC applicants have been told that they are now on hold til later in the year I am starting to worry if this job will ever happen. At the moment I am in a job that I cannot stand and I am desperate to start this new role, I dont know whether to just find something else for a while and just wait it out but then I think that recruitment will have a start date soon. In 2009 I waited for…

      • Like
    • 55 replies
    • 4.6k views
  11. PhilThomas
    Started by PhilThomas * ,

    I have been shortlisted for an interview with the Merseyside Police Cadets and I was wondering how easy it was to get an interview for the Specials after the Cadet course is finished and how many people are interviewed at a time for the Specials. Thanks Phil.

    • 2 replies
    • 896 views
  12. alexlockwood19
    Started by alexlockwood19 * ,

    I am preparing to take my third interview to become a special in Merseyside police. However having already failed twice I received no feedback from the force, even after asking. Is that normal? I was under the impression I should be entitled to some kind of feedback? So sadly (even after thinking the first two interviews went quite well) I am uncertain which aspect is letting me down! Also any general help would be appreciated! Thank you!

    • 4 replies
    • 688 views
  13. foxtrot608
    Started by foxtrot608,

    Is there anyone here that's going/been through the transferee application to Merseyside Police? I've got a few questions to ask!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Ashleigh Rachel Hopkins
    Started by Ashleigh Rachel Hopkins * ,

    I was directed to this website by a friend of mine who works for merseyside police, I am writing a dissertation and have a few questions I would like to ask to someone who works for merseyside police, its just regarding fear of crime and police confidence, is there anyone who could help me with this?

    Ashleigh Rachel Hopkins *
  15. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    Finally been given confirmation after being on hold for a looooong time. 27th October for 3 weeks! Can't wait.

    • 0 replies
    • 806 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.