Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    I've read a few things about people saying they've been filling in vetting forms etc. I've not filled one out and haven't seen one. But, i've done my fingerprints & DNA. Does this potentially mean that my vetting hasn't even begun?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. plainoldme
    Started by plainoldme,

    For the regs please. Thanks

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 867 views
  3. SW_matt1546082774
    Started by SW_matt1546082774,

    Hi, At the moment I am coming to the end of the first year of my degree down here in Hampshire, I am also a special with the same force. I grew up in Liverpool and would quite like to be able to move back up at some point in the future however at the moment I am tied down with the SC here and work and uni. Does any body know if recruitment were to open again soon for the regulars and the process was somehow wrapped up before I graduate in May 2015 whether I would be able to defer my start date until such a point as I was available? Has anyone heard of such things happening? Thanks, Matt

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    Just found out that I've passed my Interview and have been invited to a medical! :new_yummy:

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. One
    Started by One,

    Is special training just on weekends or do they also do full weeks of training?

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  6. XthephantomoneX
    Started by XthephantomoneX,

    hi, does anyone know what brand of radio Merseyside use for personal radios? I'm just about to start as a special and want to buy a new earpiece but need to know the brand. thanks

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. Otee

    Hello, I found it incredibly useful and satisfying to look at other people's application process and how they got on. I thought I would carry on the tradition (is it one?) and do one too. I will aim to edit this post and create new posts of progress reports as I go on. I have my assessment day tomorrow and have been studying hard, polishing my quantitative skills and basic data techniques. I will post tomorrow and tell you how I got on! I have been lucky enough to be sifted so quickly and hopefully the rest of the application process will be as quick and favorable to make the next training. Fingers crossed. Off Topic Quick introduction, I initially applied to MSC (Me…

      • Like
    • 61 replies
    • 5.7k views
  8. Conor
    Started by Conor,

    Just had the phone call from Shirley and received my final offer, hard work has finally paid off!.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. PC-Plod-92
    Started by PC-Plod-92,

    Hi All, I am just waiting for an offer now and a start date for the most recent PC external recruitment. Would anyone happen to know the times of the initial training period? Is it 9-5 at a guess. Also once training is complete what is a typical shift pattern in Merseyside?

    • 1 reply
    • 953 views
  10. Conor
    Started by Conor,

    Hi, I was just wondering what is the best station in Knowsley to be based at? Thank you.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 551 views
  11. thurdles
    Started by thurdles,

    As I have just got invited to DNA and fingerprint checks, I become more and more excited! Can anyone shed some light on the training and what happens? Is there exams for instance? What will I do, week by week? I have my training for 3 weeks starting on the 14th April. Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 725 views
  12. Conor
    Started by Conor,

    Hello, just a quick question regarding the sickness/absence, I noticed that it can be no more than 3 occasions or 24 days. Although, I was scrolling through the medical history questionnaire and close to the bottom it also asks for sickness absence, do the same rules apply? 3 occasions or 24 days?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 798 views
  13. Bromley
    Started by Bromley * ,

    Hello users and current constables I passed my PIRT test and now I have my interview very soon (the next week) I'm quite nervous for this, but also feel somewhat prepared, I have read the information on the website and studied the roles of the job. However, when it comes to some questions I am preparing myself for that may potentially pop up in the interview, I feel that it isn't going to be sufficient. This is because most/all of my experiences have mainly come from my current job... Is this going to be enough in the interview? providing I go into detail or will it be tedious and not sufficient enough to the interviewers if I keep using examples from my job? As a f…

    • 2 replies
    • 621 views
  14. ManchesterKathy1546620192
    Started by ManchesterKathy1546620192,

    I have an interview on 7th October for a transfer to Merseyside. Anyone else in the process at the moment?

  15. PC-Plod-92
    Started by PC-Plod-92,

    Hi All, Just curious as to whether there is a minimum length of service with Merseyside Police? I have heard people say that once your in with Merseyside you can never transfer to another force if needs must. Is this true? So in other words, once you're with Merseyside Police are you with them for the whole of your police career or not? Thanks in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 646 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.