Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    It's come round so fast. Got my interview tomorrow at 11am and I'm not well, completely run down, sore throat, the lot hope I'm better by tomorrow. Any last min advice for me? :D

      • Like
    • 47 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. natalie1990
    Started by natalie1990,

    Hi Everyone, I have just got my date for my initial recruitment test (29th April). I am so nervous!!! Does anybody have any pointers to give me? I.E Buzz words they may be looking for, what to be clued up on? I really really want this so any advice would be a great help! Thank youuuu!!! x

      • Like
    • 189 replies
    • 6.4k views
  3. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Is there anywhere on the Internet where I can find out the ethnic communities for each area in merseyside? I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find anything

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 935 views
  4. joep44
    Started by joep44,

    Hi all, in two weeks time it will of been 6 months since I was last rejected I am looking forward to applying again and hoping for success in the interview stage this time, I just hope I get across to the examiners and show them how much I want to do this, browsing on here most days to see what is going on in the area and others area shows how much I want it just hoping, not to be nervous and really show them how much it means for me to finally do this Joe,P

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 951 views
    Northern Exile
  5. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Bit of advice.....if you know the answer lol. I emailed Shirley on Saturday and still no reply. The reason I emailed her was because, I go on holiday on 27th aug til 6th sept and I was wondering what I'd do if my medical was while I was away....providing I get past my interview that is lol. Would I get sent another date for my medical if I'm on holiday or would I have to re-apply again in 6 months time??? Does anyone know?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 732 views
  6. P.K
    Started by P.K,

    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows weather or not there is training dates for October as I am away for the Aug/Sept training so can not attend . Waiting to hear back from Shirley but heard nothing yet!

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    I'm so happy, really didn't think I was going to pass! Now lots of prep for interview. Been dreading this day haha

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 780 views
  8. Eggnog
    Started by Eggnog,

    This may seem like a bit of an odd one but . . . I had to travel to Liverpool to make use of the Fast Track Passport service at the Home Office place in Liverpool. Whilst on my way back to Liverpool Lime Street station a Police Volvo (I believe!) drove past me. The two Constables in said car were looking very smart in their black body armour and white shirts. I'm just wondering if these two are old school and refuse to wear wicking shirts, or if Merseyside never issued wicking shirts? Or perhaps only units in the city centre of Liverpool wear white shirts for some kind of tourism reason as I believe may be the case in London. My force, West Yorkshire, and my home county…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2k views
  9. Michaelangelo
    Started by Michaelangelo,

    Literally had my interview today and got my email back tonight saying I had passed. Just wanted to say that the interview was one of the most intense, hardest yet most rewarding I have ever done. I came out thinking the worst but thinking about the way the interview is structured and the way the panel grill you, they try and put you under pressure and see how you cope. Made up I passed bring on the medical!! :new_yummy:

    • 21 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. Northern Exile
    Started by Northern Exile,

    A new program starts this morning at 11am on BBC 1 following the special constabulary. Should be a great insight to anyone wanting to join etc.

    • 1 reply
    • 734 views
    Administrative Account
  11. joep44
    Started by joep44,

    Hi has anybody even seen the Liverpool council city watch patrol vehicles, they have same uniform and numbered collars as police officers, I was just wondering what powers they actually have or are they just a form of security

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Northern Exile
    Started by Northern Exile,

    I've passed my medical etc, and I've got fingerprints and DNA on Thursday..... Am I just now waiting on training dates etc now? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 668 views
  13. JoinThePoliceForce
    Started by JoinThePoliceForce,

    Figured i'd see which area of MerPol has the most members on PS.com - I often talk about the site to people which often gets me a blank look, so it would be interesting to know.

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. SZ2
    Started by SZ2,

    Found out I have passed my assessment centre and will get an interview date shortly and I am aware that a lot of people stumble at this hurdle. I know noone can give me specifics and I am not asking for them. I am wondering what my best options to prepare are? Is it worth looking over what areas of competencies I could improve on from my a/c? I am thinking of preparing by looking through recent articles here too so in case they ask, I have an opinion as well as giving advantages and disadvantages and also I am assuming I need to think of very specific examples to cover a wide range of questions that could be very indepth. In advance, any help appreciated.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 866 views
  15. Northern Exile
    Started by Northern Exile,

    Been for and passed my medical today just all on waiting for training dates now.

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 935 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.