Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    How many interviews do you have throughout the whole MerPol recruitment process? As I've read somewhere on the forum that you have an interview at the assessment centre too?!

    • 2 replies
    • 723 views
  2. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    I've just done the practice test and got a score of 84, not sure if this is good or bad?! Does anyone know what the pass score is for PIRT??? I got 3 questions right on my maths haha how embarrassing

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. joep44
    Started by joep44,

    Hi, all I've heard a few people mention something about a tv programme with merseyside police? Was wondering if anyone has seen this advertised on tv?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. natalie1990
    Started by natalie1990,

    Hi everyone, Im just reading and revising for my interview on wednesday, im quite confident on most areas of the interview exept the ethic communities part. Do you have respect for race and diversity? How do you display this? Are you aware of the makeup of different areas within merseyside?? How would i integrate myself within ethnic communities, Really stuck on this guys so any help would be appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 965 views
  5. SpecialLN
    Started by SpecialLN,

    Hi Just wondering if as an active Special Constable can I apply to be a door staff / bouncer for the clubs in town? My patrol area isnt town so Im not in the area with my uniform etc! Just looking to see if anyone knows anything or has any advice? I know a security guard who works in Asda cant be a special because of conflict of interest! Thanks SpecialLN

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 724 views
  6. zamo
    Started by zamo,

    Hi I'm wondering if anyone could relax me a little... I've just applied for Merseyside Specials but never thought of the implications my diabetes may have with the force. I'm type one (insulin dependant) and in the past have had a lot of hospital 'visits'. but I am somewhat more healthier in that area having my Gaul bladder taken out. Anyway to cut a long story short I am just wondering would other officers be around at all times is should it ever occur I had a hypo and would it have affects moving through the levels? I know about the equality act but because it is a long term medical condition would I have be seen as more of a risk? if there is anyone who can help it w…

    • 3 replies
    • 935 views
  7. LauFrances
    Started by LauFrances,

    I've recently had my application to the Specials accepted for the second time (yay!) and I have my assessment in July. I was just wondering if I am successful this time (fingers crossed I am) would I be allowed to take leave as it were, from the end of August 2014 - mid December 2014 to study abroad with my university or not? Or should I go from January 2015 - mid April 2015 or not at all? Thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 690 views
  8. SpecialLN
    Started by SpecialLN,

    Hi, i'm just hoping that someone can give me some advice. Since the start of January the shifts that I have been doing have left me a little unmotivated and wondering about the job. I don't always do the required 16 hours a month and I am a level 2 so since January I have done 5 shifts for 2013. On all of these duties i haven't had anything to report back for my PDP or learnt anything new. A duty in Feb I was out doing a warrant with the Serg, after searching the upstairs for about 5 mins I was then asked to go and sit in the carrier while a Level 3 special got to stay in the house and see what happens with a warrant. On another duty I helped on an op for about 3 hours…

    • 8 replies
    • 951 views
  9. wannabePMO
    Started by wannabePMO,

    Looking for a bit of help for my interview... Can someone give me some input on the diversity breakdown of the communities in the force area.. so far I have from my own experience.. Liverpool North - Chinese community, centred around china town - The student community - the homeless community - Irish community Liverpool South - Somali Community - Student community - Irish community Sefton - Polish (easten european) community in southport - Chinese community St Helens - Traveller community Knowsley ??? The Wirral ??? Cheers guys

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. joep44
    Started by joep44,

    My PIRT is tomorrow what is the dress code casual or recommend wearing suit or jeans and a top do?

    • 7 replies
    • 952 views
  11. LauraAM
    Started by LauraAM,

    So I know the whole "what boots/shoes to buy" has been discussed in length, but I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere in liverpool to go have a look and that? I know ioma has some but their opening hours aren't great! Any help is much appreciated!

    • 3 replies
    • 947 views
  12. joep44
    Started by joep44,

    Can honestly say I was gutted when I received this email earlier, I thought I answered all the questions well, a bit nervous but its expected, Maybe because I look young an only being 18 not sure, just annoyed having to wait 6months to re-apply!

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2.2k views
  13. turnedoutnice
    Started by turnedoutnice * ,

    Hey guys, I sat my Specials interview on 16th Jan and recieved confirmation that I had passed a couple of days later. Needless to say I was over the moon. Having heard nothing since I am wondering how long it usually takes for the checks to take place and a medical to be arranged? Also how long between the medical and a start on training? Anybody else here also pass their interview @ Merseyside on the same week? Cheers

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. bcr2012
    Started by bcr2012 * ,

    I've got my interview coming up this week but don't currently own a suit, is this going to be held against me on the day? I've got smart shoes shirt and tie to wear currently. Funds are a little tight so I don't want to buy a suit unless its absolutely necessary. Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 855 views
  15. Pete D
    Started by Pete D,

    Just a quick question to any of the serving Merseyside specials out there! I'm in training at the moment and have just been told where I will be posted once attested. Having done a bit of research online it seems the station isn't open 24 hours (and closed on Sundays). I may be asking a pretty dim question here but, would this affect when I can go on duty? Weekends and especially evenings are often the times I am most available so was just a little bit worried. Cheers, Pete.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.