Merseyside Police
384 topics in this forum
-
Just woundering how many questions I need to score right to pass the PIR, just if anyone knows. I know N.Wales it is 70 questions out of 109. I scored 67 just shy of the mark and this is the pass mark but for regulars.
-
Any idea when Merseyside are taking on transferee's?
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear All, I have been a special for a number of years, fully independant, well trained and willing to volunteer my time. Having said this I feel that we as specials are being let down by our supervisors and ultimately the regular police force. I have great respect for David Burgess-Joyce, Chris Hurst and Mike Morgan, and this post is certainly not in anyway about these people, infact without these people the special constabulary would be in a worse state. Recently I have seen good offercers resign from MerpolSC, for no other reason than they are being poorly treated. When I say poorly treated, in fact its an absolute disgrace how human beings treat other human beings. …
-
Hey peeps. Just had my welcome evening last night at LG. 1st day of training tomorrow,really nervous (in a good way). Trainers seem brilliant so far. The seriousness of the role really hit home yesterday, before that it was just a uniform and cuffs.lol!! Cant wait, this intake seem like a great bunch, looking forward to the next 7wks of training and the rest of my specials/regulars career. Great forum,awesome to be a part of it. My dream is becoming a reality!!!! GW.
-
Can Special Constables apply for internal vacancies listed on the MerPol intranet? I don't think there's anything on there at the moment, that I could possibly do, but it's worth a look if I can apply in the future etc. Many thanks. PPS
-
Hi guys I'm new here, I've passed my assessment day, been to my open evening and I have my interview on Tuesday! I cannot decided whether to choose St Anne's St or Tuebrook station, travelling is not an issue as I live on Widnes and ill drive anyway. I was hoping for a discussion about the two different areas; I.E. how the regular and special relationships are, 'typical' crimes that you will deal with and the variety, and just an overall opinion on your preferred station. Regards, Alan
-
Hello all, Today, I got the call, finally after a few months of waiting, I'm in. The process has gone quickly compared to what some have mentioned, vetting took around 3 weeks! Just wondering if there are any others starting training June 21st? I'm really excited and eager to learn!
-
Hi, Ive been a special with Merseyside police for 3 months now and it appears Ive got a injury(not on duty). Im due to see a doctor or go minor injures with it soon but I suspect Ive pulled or damaged my achilles tendon (physio at work says) and could be looking at time off work and time off specials. I really hope this isnt the case! Ive never been injured before luckily and can count the number of days absent on one hand in last 8 years. I hope this doesnt reflect badly on me with specials! Fingers crossed.
-
First post and a positive one too. Got the phone call from Shirley on Friday and should get my letter tomorrow (pesky double bank holiday..!) Apparently my training should start 21st June. Its daft really, i'm more apprehensive about the training the interview, the medical or the test. Still can't wait and as Sefton are short on numbers I will get my first choice station too (Crosby)! All is good....and I still have a week off work too! :new_yes:
-
Source: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/2012/05/31/merseyside-police-officer-stabbed-in-neck-in-struggle-with-drug-suspect-100252-31082311/ Hopefully he's alright, wishing a speedy recovery to all.
-
Source: Link Hopefully this won't end up turning into police call handlers answering fire calls and vice versa
-
Hi Everyone, Quick Intro, Im Greg and Im current an Acting S/Sgt down in met land, level 2 PO and a whole other host of bits and pieces. Im a local lad was born and brought up the right side (wirral) of the water, but moved away from the area when I was 13 or so. Long story short looking now for family reasons to move back... however desperate to get into the regs... Im trying to decide whether to hold on down here and get in the met, do my probabtion then move back or throw my lot in and move back and join your goodselves... Things I was really after (I Know some of it will be speak to HR/Rumours) : 1) Does anyone have any expectation of Merpol going to recruit in the…
-
After reading through the Merseyside Forum I've noticed that people have mentioned that you can't prepare for all the questions asked. I have been going through the information pack and trying to answer the questions in the interview sheet to the best I can using core competencies. What other tips are there and is there really no way of preparing for the "unpreparable" questions? Any tips from people that have experienced the interview would be truly appreciated. Thanks.
-
Is the decision to wear a belt or vest your own or do you require permission? If so who grants permission?
-
Hi just wondering if they're any Officers at this Station? What are the regs like here (with Specials)? Do you work response aswell as NPT? Is it a quiet to work in? May be transferring from Cheshire, I am a 3 year independent Officer. Can you just transfer into MerPol and keep you independent status? Many thanks.