Merseyside Police
384 topics in this forum
-
just woundering if you can be stationed and work from canning place merseyside police HQ if your a special ?
-
i just wanted to know its probably been discussed before but are you more likely or have a better chance to become a regular if you have been in the specials? or can it give you a edge over the competition ?? i would be applying to merseyside specials and hopefuly the regs :D
-
Source: Click Very, very worrying
-
I become a member of this forum before i became i Special Constable and have been through the whole recruitment process and beyond with many of you guys, so I just thought i'd post my experiences for the new members and existing members to see just what us Specials get involved with and how it has helped me. Last year i became a member of the Merseyside Police Special Constabulary and i have to say it has been both some of the most rewarding and exiting times of my life. I've met some really great people along the way and have made friends for life whilst volunteering my time. I feel i've learnt allot about myself, about my strengths, weaknesses and about my local comm…
-
Hello to all! Been a while since I've been on here, I just have a few questions hopefully people can help me out with! 1. I live in Lancashire, I will be applying to Merseyside soon, but I wanted some information on the northern most areas, where to apply for etc. Obviously the travelling will have an impact so I'm hoping for north Sefton - is that best? Any thoughts on this please! 2. What is the training schedule like? I've seen online there are 6 weekends, followed by more on the job training, is this right? Are the weekends one after the other or are they seperated? (I'm thinking for time off from work) I will probably have loads more but I just thought I'd stick …
-
Does anyone feel that there is a strong bullying and belittling culture with some (i repeat the word 'SOME' not all) officers within Merseyside Police? Forgive me if I am opening a can of worms here, but I am just wondering if anyone would be kind enough (or brave enough due to the accompanying fear culture) to share any incidences of this and whether they themselves have been subject to it or have witnessed it occur on others. (This includes all ranks). Thanks
-
What can I say? Today has been a day of mixed emotion. On one hand I am delighted that the initial training is over and can't wait to get to my station. But on the other hand, I'm sorry it's over. I've met a great bunch of people and have thoroughly enjoyed working with them, but sadly we all have to move on. The trainers have been fantastic and have made the sessions really interesting. Each one, without exception, have all been enthusiastic about the work they do and this has certainly rubbed off on us. Personally, I've not minded giving up my Saturdays and Sundays and have looked forward to them. Today had to be the best. Role Play. Everyone, prior to thi…
-
Hi, I start training in one weeks time and have a few questions. 1) what do you do for the first weeks weeks once you start working at your station? 2) how long was it before you made your first arrest? 3) how long before you can get IPS? 4) how many hours do you usually work per week and what are your shifts patterns. I appreciate that no reply will be the same and therefore appreciate and welcome all responses. Thanks, G
-
Hi guys, At the moment what is the format/timetable for SC initial training with MerPol? When is attestation etc. And is it still in ST Helens? Cheers
-
I am FED UP with the incessant nuisance caused by noisy, speeding motor bikes being ridden along the Wildbrook Drive area of the Bidston Rise Estate, on the Wirral. These bikes are often stolen or broken down, and are ridden by various groups of youths, who have NO regard whatsoever for the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood. Only last night, the police had to be phoned - again - about yet another noisy motor bike rider who was roaring up and down the Wildbrook Drive area after 10.30. This idiot - whom I suspect may have been a local resident - rode past our house constantly, and the noise he was making was just unbearable. The problem is that when the police car does …
-
- 13 replies
- 2.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi Everyone! I have just joined Merseyside Specials, going through some courses at the moment and should get my attestation by the end of June. I have to choose my police station in North Liverpool area. My question is which one needs specials the most? Which neighborhood is the worst statisticly? How about other areas? I heard Sefton is quite short on staff... Appreciate your help guys.
-
Hello Got 2 questions before i apply.. anyone know the following.. What level of eye sight must you have? What BMI is the limit ( if you have high BMI will this get you declined?) Thanks all
-
Hi All, Does anyone know the next time MP are taking on specials? Thanks, John
-
I know its the polices last defence against a drunk or aggressive person. but in other country's it is very effective at stopping people being raped or mugged or even murdered. it is a totally harmless spray that wears off and leaves no damage afterwards. it would help prevent a lot of crime taking place. and maybe even lead to the attackers been arrested who would otherwise of got away. I cant understand why the U.K is so strict on people trying to defend them Self,s. and why is it classed as a firearm. I swear the U.K must be the laughing stock of Europe. We are in the top 10 country's in Europe with the highest reported crime rates anyway so these bans and such ar…
-
Is it worth rejoining Merseyside Police as a Special Constable and if so is there an offical policy on rejoiners? I've checked the force website and I can't find any information about former Specails who reapply to join. I didn't leave under a cloud or burn any bridges, its just I do miss the role and I bumped into a former colleague who told about the changes within the SC and thats what started my interest in rejoining/reapplying. At present my circumstances would allow me to do at least one or two full shifts per week so time isnt that much of an issue. Any advice would be grateful. HB