Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. Johannesburg
    Started by Johannesburg,

    Hello, I currently live and work in Nottingham however I have a job interview for a new role in Liverpool this Friday all being well I'll be moving back to the Merseyside area (Nottingham is my university town) in the next few weeks. I've been with Nottinghamshire Special Constabulary for a good two years now and would loathe to give up something I'm passionate and committed about. (waffle off). So basically I have spoken to your recruitment and they said that I would need to put an application in again and depending on what information my force release (relating to my PIRT etc.) depends on whether I need to sit an interview / PIRT again. Just wondering if anyone …

    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views
  2. Jon!

    Link: Click! If it's true, then throw the book at them. No room for people like this in the police service

    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
  3. david Burgess-Joyce
    Started by david Burgess-Joyce,

    Good evening, I know it's a hot topic, so I want to let all officers know through as wide a media as possible. Discussions with the Academy and OHU to support driving courses for Specials have now been completed. I discussed it with the Chief on Tuesday and we're ready to move on new driving and re-qualifications (where appropriate). Assistant Chief Officer, Chris Hurst, is currently working hard to arrange the courses as soon as possible, so please be patient. Duty Sheet, the new reporting system that will allow Specials greater freedom to track and arrange their duties is also agreed and should be out for piloting in the new financial year. Kind regards

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 4.4k views
  4. mike charlie 12
    Started by mike charlie 12,

    If we buy new epaulletes are we required to have the SC and crown on or can we just get our collar number?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 2.5k views
    GoneForgotten
  5. WiganS
    Started by WiganS,

    Hey I'm starting my training on 17th Jan and wondering if anyone else on here is??

    • 13 replies
    • 3.3k views
  6. Jon!
    Started by Jon! +,

    Hi all, I know this has been done to death, but I didn't want to intrude on somebody elses topic! It's not going to be long now before I apply for the specials with MerPol, I'm just wanting a bit of info on what officers in different stations get up to. I live in Echo, although I wouldn't want to be based here, so I'm thinking Alpha, Bravo or Charlie. I'd be looking for one of the bigger nicks which are busy, Wallasey, Copy Lane etc. So what do you SC's think of it who are in busy nicks relatively close to E BCU, are you often out paired up with response getting in the thick of it or are you out on foot all of the time doing n'hood stuff? Preferably I'd like a bit of bo…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. SpecialL
    Started by SpecialL,

    Anyone at this station or going to this station after training??

    • 4 replies
    • 2.2k views
  8. Oddone
    Started by Oddone,

    So anyone else commencing training in Feb???

    • 20 replies
    • 2.9k views
  9. vwsteve
    Started by vwsteve,

    which is the best station to go to as a special constable for merseyside south

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 2.5k views
  10. SheriffoftheEast
    Started by SheriffoftheEast,

    As the title suggests I am a fan of the Superwhite army although now in exile! Currently going through the recruitment process for the met in london. What I was wondering do specials ever get posted on aid at Prenton Park? What level of PO training do you need! Just thinking about if I end up ever moving back? Cheers! Greg

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
    Mike_Alpha_Tango_Tango
  11. vodka_monday
    Started by vodka_monday,

    Well apparently driving will be back in-time for the specials weekend, how great is that! What does this mean, we can be deployable to jobs rather than walking and finding. We can really push the boundaries of the SC, and provide support where needed. This won't be blue lights and sirens, but hey that will come. Lets just show our superiors that this privilege is a great decision and it makes a real difference to crime. NOT BEFORE TIME FOLKS!!

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 2.9k views
  12. Mike203
    Started by Mike203,

    Hi I have done my assesment on 07/12/2010 at headquarters, I have had an email for my interview on 04/01/2010. Was anyone else on the assment on the 7th? or does anyone else have an interview on 4th? Also does anyone have any advice on what the intervies is like, All advvice appreciated. Thanks Mike

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 3k views
  13. Volante
    Started by Volante,

    Hi all, Last time round my maths let me down on the PIR (only just apparantly) but I wondered if Merseyside are still using the PIR in the same format? I was just about to buy a newly (ish, Aug 2010) published book on passing selection but noticed it's aimed at passing the new national assesment and didn't include any numerical stuff, just role plays, the interview and written tests. I've just come off maths courses using Learn Direct (need the quals for a potential university application anyways) and the book was a bit of extra practice to make sure Shirley didn't tell me I was unsuccesful when I re-apply. Also if anyone wants to recomend a decent book for some extra …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. giggsy178
    Started by giggsy178,

    I applied for MerPol specials in August last year and failed at the interview stage . My six months is now up and I am reapplying. There was just one thing that I have wondered since I first applied and that is where I would like to be based. I live in crosby and have alot of stations locally that i could attach myself to Crosby/Formby/Copy Lane/Maghull/Marsh Lane etc. However, in the back of my mind is the whole scenario of seeing somebody who I may have arrested/had dealings with whilst off-duty or in my day job? Therefore I cannot decide if I got in where I would like to be stationed. I have my own car so travelling is not an issue. Just wondered what serving spe…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. indestructiblesam
    Started by indestructiblesam,

    I'm currently doing my training (started Jan 17th) and we had a chat about expenses today. The guy who told us about them said that basically, the official stance was you can only claim upto £7.50 per round trip (home - station - home). But he kind of implied that different stations treat it differently, anyone know what goes on in North Liverpool? And more specifically Walton Lane? And is it just me, or does it seem mad that they make you work out your expenses based on public transport even if you drive? For me it breaks down like this for Mather Avenue: Driving: £2.80 tunnel fair, 30 miles at 35p a mile, comes to £13.30 Public transport: £2.00 bus, £4.60 saveaw…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.