Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. CFAV
    Started by CFAV,

    Well, just had an e-mail confirming I've passed the interview, how did everyone else get on?

    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
  2. Rose1231546081345
    Started by Rose1231546081345,

    Elo Elo Elo! Just thought I would let you know that I received a very nice phone call today letting me know that I have passed the vetting stage!!! Its such a relief knowing that I no longer have to wait for that phone call!! Haha I start training on 29th March! I am really looking forward to it! I was told that I will recieve a pack in the post with details about training and a uniform fitting over the next few days. Will keep you all informed! RoseXxx

    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
    baldmanjonesy
  3. Pickles11
    Started by Pickles11,

    Hi everyone, Well, after the long but worth it wait, I have finally been confirmed on the March intake (starts 29th) Who else is on this intake, and who is travelling by train so I can adopt some travel buddies!?! Exciting times x

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 962 views
    baldmanjonesy
  4. Jon!
    Started by Jon! +,

    I have seen two types of baton used my MerPol. ASP's ( which size is standard) and I have also seen, a long black solid one. Heres a pic. Which sized ASP's are used and are the long black ones as common as ASP's or are they only used in public order situations. Thanks in advance, Jon

    • 41 replies
    • 5.6k views
  5. agb81
    Started by agb81,

    Hello! We are now one week away from the unknown and I was just wondering how people are feeling about their upcoming training period and the role they will undertake thereafter? For me time has flew, seems like it was only last week when I had my medical! I’m really excited about starting my training and looking forward to meeting the people I’ll be doing my training with. However I have to admit the butterfly’s have started for me too as, like I mention earlier, it’s the unknown and all new to me. How many do we have confirmed for the intake? Any preferences where folk want to eventually be posted?

    • 7 replies
    • 982 views
  6. nph9018
    Started by nph9018,

    So I failed my interview despite answering all my questions and visiting a station etc etc. So would it not be to everyones benefit if feedback was given as to why i/we had failed?? Othewise how are potential recruits to improve? Feeling a bit deflated, especially after I worked hard and the guy on the station visit said that loads arrange visits but never turn up! nph9018

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. ser30
    Started by ser30,

    So, after a long wait I finally received a training schedule....only to find out that i'll be on holiday for 4 of the sessions, so will miss the intake. I've asked if I can attend the next intake, and it looks as if those dates will also be whilst i'm on holiday, as they both overlap eachother. I then asked about the one following afterwards, and was told my vetting would have ran out by then. Has anyone else been in the same situation, or have any advice on what to do!!!Couldn't be anymore gutted!

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 998 views
  8. CFAV
    Started by CFAV,

    Hey all, I know ultimately you go where your sent when it comes down to a station but what would be the best station to go as a special.

    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  9. CFAV
    Started by CFAV,

    Hey All, Just curious to everyones reasons for becoming an SC!

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 841 views
  10. davdav1545926089
    Started by davdav1545926089,

    Hi Did anyone have their interview today? How long does it normally take to hear, lots of people say its the same day. If its not same day is it bad news?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 814 views
  11. CFAV
    Started by CFAV,

    Have been going through everything i can to get myself prepared for my interview, it was suggested that we research the extended police family and for the life of me i can't find anything at all about it be it using google or on MerPol website. Can anyone help?? Kev

    • 2 replies
    • 796 views
  12. Rose1231546081345
    Started by Rose1231546081345,

    Hello everyone ! I am currently applying to Merseyside Police for the position of a Special Constable I am at the vetting stage and my previous employers have been contacted about sickness. I mentioned on my sickness form that I was off work for one week in December but my employers told recruitment I was off for 2 days in January as well. I was contacted by recruitment who told me to speak with my previous employers about what I was actually off work for as I couldnt recall being off onthese dates (it was last year) anyway, it turned out my employer had seen I was absent on these dates in the work diary so presumed it was for an illness but after checking their records…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 2.6k views
  13. nph9018
    Started by nph9018,

    Just passed PIRT and booked my interview. Choosing area as St Helens as it is near (but not too near!) Neil

    • 23 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. CFAV
    Started by CFAV,

    Hey all, I'm in the process of applying for a special constable. Up to the interview stage so far! Was just curious as to the layout and any potential questions that may come my way and what i would be best researching. Any help would be appreciated

    • 2 replies
    • 669 views
  15. JoinThePoliceForce
    Started by JoinThePoliceForce,

    Hello, I see that Merseyside have SC application forms open at the minute and I am very interested in applying. The concern that I currently have is that where I live doesn't fall under one of the towns of Merseyside, however a 5 minute drive away from home, would put me in said town. Does this have a great affect on my application or will this not be taken too much into consideration as I can get into these towns pretty quickly? Thank you all.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 967 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.