Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kent Police

 
 
  1. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Hi all, I'm very pleased to announce that SC Kent has been appointed as Mini-Moderator for this area. Please show them the same courtesy you would for any of the full mods.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 617 views
  2. SC Kent
    Started by SC Kent,

    Hi all, Just a message to say hi to everyone thinking of, and currently serving Kent Police! I work in East Division, and I am two months into my service for Kent Police! If anyone has any questions, please send them my way, I'd happily answer what I can about recruitment/how patrolling is, etc!

    • 2 replies
    • 770 views
  3. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    All You now have a new private forum available for your use, "Kent Specials Private". Please private message SC Kent if you would like access to the area.

    • 0 replies
    • 557 views
  4. bluenose1234
    Started by bluenose1234,

    Hi people, Im looking at transferring my search score over to Kent Police. I have been in contact with them, i was just wondering if anyone has any experience doing this. They stated i would need to have a telephone home visit as I am out of the force area, but they couldn't elaborate when i spoke to them. Does anyone have experience with this process and the in force interview, as in will it be competency based and will i be checked on my knowledge of Kent Police? If anyone has came from out of the area, whats its like relocating, is there any places defiantly to avoid? Thanks,

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 583 views
  5. SC Kent
    Started by SC Kent,

    Just thought I would share this... Take a look at @KentSpecials's Tweet: https://twitter.com/KentSpecials/status/674729148510822400?s=09

    • 0 replies
    • 607 views
  6. Jackthelad2
    Started by Jackthelad2,

    Afternoon All, Just wondered if there is anyone else out there in the same position as me. Passed all the recruitment steps, now just waiting for a start date. Anybody know when the next intakes are? or anybody else waiting for a start date? This is for the Regulars. Cheers Jack

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 969 views
  7. SC Kent
    Started by SC Kent,

    STAGE 1 - Application Form The application process for the role of Special Constable is completed via our online recruitment system which can be accessed through our website. Please check our eligibility criteria before starting your application. STAGE 2 - Paper Sift Once you have submitted your application, your Assessment Questionnaire will be paper sifted by our Recruitment Team. You'll be marked on the quality and strength of evidence provided, alongside spelling and grammar. STAGE 3 - Assessment This will be made up of three events. The first being your fitness test, which will consist of a bleep test, push and pull tests. Video used to be online, may be on Yout…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Coder
    Started by Coder,

    Hello PS, hope you are all doing well. I applied for the Specials around 7 days ago and I was wondering how long it took for a response, I understand that it will be longer if loads of people have applied - but what is the average time to get a response? I'm really eager to find out! And if you failed the application, are they a bit quicker to let you know? Cannot wait, it's really irritating! God knows how some of you managed to wait 6 months... Cheers.

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. miffy
    Started by miffy +,

    So I've submitted my application, completed the first vetting and now I have been told I've passed shortlisting! Been told to attend an assessment centre. What is involved, and do I need to prepare anything for it? Is it in Maidstone?

  10. Coder
    Started by Coder,

    Hey PS, I should really stop creating so many threads, ah well! But in the medical, I hear they calculate your BMI. Well, I am currently 6 foot tall and weigh around 15 stone and currently 18 years old. My rating is 28.4 (Overweight) and I believe there is probably a limit for you to be accepted into the force and over a certain number, you're rejected. Well, I am a Butcher and it's ever so hard to get thin! And it helps I am quite strong aswell. But how did everyone find the BMI calculation, did you have to lose weight to be on the 'safe' side of things? Cheers.

    • 19 replies
    • 843 views
  11. danswans
  12. sunbeamshadow
    Started by sunbeamshadow * ,
    sunbeamshadow *
  13. Coder
    Started by Coder,

    Hey PS! Just a quick question, does the uniform get sent to my house or do I get given it at the training centre? And when do I get it? That was it, was curious! Edit - I've already had uniform fitting! Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 636 views
  14. Coder
    Started by Coder,

    Greetings Police Specials! After having my interview and written assessment, I am pleased to hear that I passed them both. I had the medical and the physical fitness test today and I also passed both of them. Now awaiting to hear back from the biometrics and the vetting. I am proud of myself for getting this far, now to wait 2 weeks for the results and then training! Oh, also did uniform fitting today and my word it felt amazing having the uniform on, but 10 seconds later has to change Looking forward to it all, I really am. Thanks for the support you've all given me on here, much appreciated and I am looking forward to posting more in the future! Cheers.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 618 views
  15. Coder
    Started by Coder,

    Hey PS! I called in a 101 call where I spoke to a Kent Police operator, I saw somebody disgracefully stealing from a Charity shop donation box which was left outside for the charity shop to take inside in the morning. Was wondering if anybody on here had to take the call-out and if they have any updates. I saw the crime happening at around 11:00pm. Also, why do they take your name and address? Just out of interest. Cheers.

    • 4 replies
    • 777 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.