Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kent Police

 
 
  1. DeltaBravo92
    Started by DeltaBravo92,

    Hi all, As some of you know, I attended a Special Constable assessment in March, but was sadly unsuccessful. Since then, I have been trying, and failing, to obtain feedback ahead of reapplying in September. The Recruitment Centre say that it is handled by the Corporate Recruitment Centre, and that they are chasing this. This has been the case for the last month. Does anyone have an email for the CRC to email them directly? Thanks in advance! Dave.

    • 1 reply
    • 795 views
  2. DeltaBravo92
    Started by DeltaBravo92,

    So I know that if you are unsuccessful in an application, you are on a six month hold before you can reapply for the role. My query is this. Does this apply to all roles within KP, or only the one that you were unsuccessful for? Hope this made sense! Dave.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. DeltaBravo92
    Started by DeltaBravo92,

    Possible silly question here, but here goes. I was at the Training College in Maidstone this afternoon, when a large group came in. They were obviously trainees (full uniform, but no "gear" to go in it), and I noticed that they all had the Kent Police logo on their Epaulettes, rather than the "normal" insignias, e.g. rank, number etc. As I went through the assessment interview, I noticed that my interviewers also only had the logo, however were wearing chest badges with their ID numbers on. This also seemed to be the case for most of the uniformed staff onsite. My question, is this: is this normal during training/for training staff, or is there an alternative possib…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Account Deleted
  4. RO55
    Started by RO55,

    Hi, I'm a serving special up in sunny Durham. I met a gentleman at SC2014 conference in Durham who was the Specials RPU Inspector, unfortunately I didn't get to catch up with him after I'd dropped him off and I'm after an email address if anyone could oblige? Kind Regards, Ross

    • 0 replies
    • 705 views
  5. Scottm1980
    Started by Scottm1980,

    Hello all you have posted in another forum but there were people from other forces on there so i wanted a kent police look on it I attended the briefing a few weeks back and we were all told as part of the briefing that if we had defaults outstanding then we wouldn't pass the vetting since then I have tried to research this and there is no mention on all the policies or guidance to do with vetting of the defaults having to be satisfied just that they are managed properly I have a default which was caused when an ex partner didn't pay her part of a joint loan it went to default and I am now paying it back the problem is that if I was to get a loan to pay it back I would …

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. Vents

    Kent Police are opening regular PC recruitment to external candidates next week: http://www.kent.police.uk/join_us/police_officer/pol_off.html

      • Like
    • 118 replies
    • 10.8k views
    smudger11546082745
  7. robfuller88
    Started by robfuller88,

    Well today I received an email from the business centre informing me my file was completed and cleared and providing my home visit is successful I will be starting with the regs 31st March. I have just finished my home visit and the officer has just told me on the way out that he has no reservations about progressing me. Words cannot describe how happy I feel sitting here typing this!! Would also like to say thank you to everyone on the forums who have helped me throughout, as I doubt I would have been successful without them.

    • 3 replies
    • 963 views
  8. DeltaBravo92
    Started by DeltaBravo92,

    Hi all, I am applying as a Special in Kent, and have been invited to next week's Assessment Days. Does anyone have any hints, tips, advice etc for it? Also, what would I need to take? By-the-by... anyone know where it is? lol. Cheers in advance, Dave.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 950 views
  9. Vents
    Started by Vents,

    To any of you interested in becoming a PCSO: http://www.kent.police.uk/join_us/pcso/pcso.html

    • 0 replies
    • 777 views
  10. Tcon71
    Started by Tcon71,

    An exciting opportunity is available for Special Constable’s to apply for position(s) within the award winning Special Constabulary Strategic Roads Policing Team. Successful applicants will be stationed at the Coldharbour Traffic Complex and will work with Special Constable’s and Regular colleagues from the Roads Policing Unit, assisting with the Policing of the Strategic Road Network as well as providing support during such events as Operation Stack. in addition Successful applicants can expect to receive specialised training in the form of the SC Traffic Patrol Course which will include Field Impairment Testing and Prohibition (PG9) training which will result in a BTE…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  11. Account Deleted
    Started by Account Deleted,

    Hi! Just wondering if anybody else has had the e-mail saying that they passed the final interview for the current recruitment drive in Kent? I received the coveted email about 12 days ago and have been waiting on edge for the outcome of vetting and reference checks ever since! Every time my phone pings I jump on it hoping to find an email from the recruitment team! Does anybody know roughly how long final vetting takes? I'm currently a Special with Kent so will this speed up the process or have no impact? Anybody else in the same boat as me!? Cheers!

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. RomeoAlphaWhiskey
    Started by RomeoAlphaWhiskey,

    Hello, Looking to start training a week on Monday and have my first community placement the week after. Can anyone shed any light on what placements there are and what you do etc? Thanks in advance :-)

    • 2 replies
    • 835 views
  13. Bullseye777
    Started by Bullseye777,

    Greetings all, I noticed Kent opened its borders for a little while, saw there was only one day left on the clock so decided to throw my application in to see what happens. Managed to get an interview, and found myself wondering what sort of Q's I would be asked. Anyone else in a similar situation, or managed to get an app in on time? Cheers Bullseye

    • 6 replies
    • 2k views
  14. darkrider
    Started by darkrider,

    hey guys, just have a quick question if anyone can shed some light. How long have people had to wait for a home visit?. Im due to start on 13th July was getting a bit concerned as its near my start date and I havent been given a date for my home visit yet. Have people had to wait this long for a home visit or is it normal?. would like to hear from someone whos already been through the home visit process. Also im a Uni student who lives in shared accommodation, I was wandering if it looked bad If i only sat the home visit as my parents live like 230 miles away from where I am at university and it may be a bit tricky to arrange something with them once I get a date for th…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. robbie85
    Started by robbie85,

    Anyone else out there that has there induction on 13th July at Maidstone? :-)

    • 1 reply
    • 998 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.