Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kent Police

 
 
  1. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Just thought I would start a topic for anyone on here in E10. I cant be the only one!??

    • 12 replies
    • 4.5k views
  2. Markzman
    Started by Markzman,

    Hi all, I have passed the assessment centre and have been invited to a second interview next week. The letter says that "The interview will be with two assessors; it will consist of 6 scenario-based questions and will last for approximately 30 minutes." I am slightly unsure of what to expect here and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this interview. I believe it is a fairly new addition to the recruitment process. I've not found much mention of it so far on other parts of the forum. I assume they will be general, real world scenarios and not police related as we won't be police trained yet. I hope my common sense will see me through as it seems hard to prep…

    • 13 replies
    • 5.7k views
  3. busterman
    Started by busterman,

    Hi all... thought I'd pop in just in case any regulars here have any insider info. on regular transfers. In common with 99% of forces across the UK I don't think Kent are recruiting but since I now live in central Kent a transfer from the Met is something I want to seriously consider should they start accepting transfers again. Obviously this could be some years off with things the way they are I suppose. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  4. crunchie580
    Started by crunchie580,

    HI, I am a Special Sergeant within Greater Manchester Police (GMP) attached to the Road Policing Unit (RPU), and I am trying to find out more about how other forces utilise their Specials within the RPU's and I understand that Kent currently do this quite well. I would be grateful for any information on this subject or even a contact name/details of one of the Specials Inspectoers/Sergeant in the interests of pooling ideas and best practice to benefit all. Areas we are particualrly interested in are, patrol, driving authority, complient stopping of vehicles, etc. Please feel free to PM me on this subject. Regards 24880208

    • 6 replies
    • 4k views
  5. emmajane
    Started by emmajane,

    When i go for my interview with Kent, Do i tell them i failed with the Met or will they know . em xx

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  6. emmajane
    Started by emmajane,

    I filled in my application form with Kent police i sent it back and passed the 1st process. The recruitment team have rang me and left a message asking me when i want to go for my interview as most of you know i applied for the Met and failed on the interview maybe a good thing as the traveling was 2 and half hours. so if i did have to go up there everyday for training it would of finished me off . Shall i give Kent a go , this is something i want to do but feel disheartened that i failed with the Met . Will i have to go maidstone for the interview ? I got 2 books i brought last time to help me , is there any websites to go on for info. thank you Just need …

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 3.2k views
  7. ritchie
    Started by ritchie,

    Just wanted to create a topic and thought this is a good place to start :D

    • 314 replies
    • 21.1k views
  8. alexkuye11
    Started by alexkuye11 * ,

    i like some info on what area is quite busy

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 6.4k views
  9. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11733115 The mother of a man who died after being attacked outside a kebab shop in Kent is calling for improvements to town centre policing. Ben Neilson, 21, suffered catastrophic brain injuries in the attack in Ashford in April last year. Two men were later jailed for his murder. His mother Barbara said she believed he might still be alive if there had been a police presence there. Kent Police said it used intelligence to decide where officers should patrol. Student Mr Neilson, of Willesborough in Ashford, was home from Northumbria University for the Easter break when he was attacked. He died a week later in hospital. Zion…

    • 0 replies
    • 3.3k views
  10. Craigyboy21
    Started by Craigyboy21,

    I was just wondering what the process kent has as to transferring from a special constable into a regular pc. The met have now issued a new system that requires a qualifcation and completion of ips before even being considered for a regular post. Do kent police have anything like this or is it just a simple case of applying when your recruiting? Same as many people i want the quickest route in and seeing as i special for the met at the moment i live in kent. Thanks in advance Craig

    • 7 replies
    • 3.9k views
  11. pogglespig
    Started by pogglespig,

    Hey, I'm new 2 all of this and hopefully if i pass the medical on thurs i will b on D/09 training course! Bit worried bout medical as i've never had 1 before. What's the paperwork you get? Any pointers will b much appreciated!! lol

    • 17 replies
    • 4.5k views
  12. UncleJim
    Started by UncleJim,

    Thinking of becoming a Special Constable in Kent ? Have a look at the redesigned Kent Police Website, it contains a lot of information and all the forms can be downloaded via the site. http://www.kent.police.uk/join_us/specials/join.html

    • 0 replies
    • 3.3k views
  13. UncleJim
    Started by UncleJim,

    Thinking of becoming a Special Constable in Kent ? Have a look at the redesigned Kent Police Website, it contains a lot of information and all the forms can be downloaded via the site. http://www.kent.police.uk/join_us/specials/join.html

    • 0 replies
    • 3k views
  14. richie85
    Started by richie85,

    Hi Guys I'm currently an SC with the Met and I am moving down to Kent shortly. I wanted to transfer to Kent Police and hopefully go to Maidstone or Tonbridge. Is there anyone on here who has done something similar or someone who could perhaps offer some advice? Thanks everyone

    • 5 replies
    • 2.9k views
  15. thewiley
    Started by thewiley,

    Essex, Met, now Kent. Hope my re-enlistment into the forces is more successful! Good luck all. Endex.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.