Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kent Police

 
 
  1. hanjp123
    Started by hanjp123,

    hi there, thinking of moving up to canterbury as i went to uni there. havent started the recruitment process yet. does anyone know when kent are next recruiting? and does anyone know how long the process normally is? ie in devon its about two years from beginning of getting the app form any help much appreciated

    justanothercop
  2. justanothercop
    Started by justanothercop,

    Hello all. I spoke to recruitment last week and was told that a letter will be coming out in the next week or so to update candidates. I have no idea what this will contain but hopefully something positive will come out of it.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
    justanothercop
  3. justanothercop
    Started by justanothercop,

    Hey, been a while since there's been some fresh news. Has anyone heard anything remotely optimistic recently? I'm beginning to think that due to money saving incentives the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off! lol

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. justanothercop
    Started by justanothercop,

    The Kent thread is getting stale, let's start it up again...... Where abouts in the process are you all? I'm waiting for A/C results but not feeling too confident.......

  5. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    For anyone thinking of applying to Kent as a Special, be aware that they require all prospective Specials to undertake a full medical check prior to offering a post. This seems to be unusual for Specials recruitment, many forces I think still don't require such a check.

    • 17 replies
    • 9.3k views
  6. Spoona
    Started by Spoona,

    Hi everyone, I got my fitness/medical dates come through for Jan 20th 2010 and was wondering if anyone else had heard anything?

  7. Finbar1733
    Started by Finbar1733,

    I heard someone got a start date this week was just wondering was this true and did anyone else??

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. justanothercop
    Started by justanothercop,

    Hey, Has anyone had their results through yet for the July 09 A/C? I'm hoping they will come today as I phoned recruitment on Friday and they said early this week. Let me know how you got on when you find out....

    justanothercop
  9. sclarkiow
    Started by sclarkiow,

    Hi..i have recently completed my medical and fitness last week and am now playing the waiting game like most people.. I was just wondering if i will receive a letter from Kent confirming that i passed medical and fitness and what happens next ?any information would be great cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 934 views
    justanothercop
  10. ManOfTheHour
    Started by ManOfTheHour,

    Received a letter today which simply stated "we know you have been waiting yonks, feel free to give up, if not we will give you a shout sometime next year". Sweeeet!! Feeling so good right now. It is like they don't even appreciate: a) How much i want this career b) How much effort i put into getting this far Oh well at least it will save me time and money calling them each month for a start date. See you in 2010

    justanothercop
  11. Dexter1546620487
    Started by Dexter1546620487,

    I know there are some other people on here staring next Tuesday 26th, just thought I'd stick my hand up and say hello. Gimme a shout, I can't wait to start!!!! Steve

    Dexter1546620487
  12. ManOfTheHour
    Started by ManOfTheHour,

    Hi guys, still waiting Applied Jan 08. Anyone else heard any news? They wont tell me zip at recruitment, starting to think it will never happen.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. thai
    Started by thai,

    Hi Guys, I have spoken to recruitment who say they are in my final checks of vetting- having said this i had a letter today saying I forgotten to sign in..my work history ,famiy history ect.. Firstly: if they have noticed that I have not signed it..by accident..do you think non of my family history and work history has been vetted at all??? If this is the case how can they be in the 'final checks' stages? Secondly, they have said that if I do pass the final checks now..I wont be on an intake until 2010!! though I transfered from the MET with my NPIA results last year and passed my fitness test in april this year (even though they wanted me to do my fitness in feb this…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Mr king
    Started by Mr king,

    Hi ya sent off my application last week for kent, does anyone know how long it takes to get through the papersift ?

    leischen261545925572
  15. leischen261545925572
    Started by leischen261545925572,

    Hi All Well... ...I have finally received 'the' call!!! Has anyone else heard anything? My start date will be the 3rd August but I was so flabbergasted I completely forgot to ask where I would be posted to (I had asked for Medway or North Kent). I was told that the training will be changing for the August intake to some home study prior to starting, with the opportunity of tutor days as well. Unfortunately, again, in my excitement I didn't really absorb much of the information that I was given As soon as I receive my information pack I'll post any updates. Sorry to anyone that is still waiting, I know how frustrating it is. Bye for now Leischen26 PS I w…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.