Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kent Police

 
 
  1. ashie_sama
    Started by ashie_sama,

    I had my assessment on the 1st November (Fitness, written test and interview). Happy to say that I passed! I have my medical and uniform fitting tomorrow and then after that I just have vetting left! I know I'm not quite there yet, but I'm so close. I was so nervous during the interview, but Kent Police seem like such a lovely bunch of people, which made it easier than it would have been otherwise!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. phlopip
    Started by phlopip,

    How far along your training was it before you got your uniform? I've just done my first exam (and passed!) and have been told they lost alot of our measurements and so we had to be re measured but does that now mean we will have to wait even longer for uniform?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. ashie_sama
    Started by ashie_sama,

    So I'm new here and I thought I would post a topic, as there's not many people I can talk to about this! I applied to Kent Police for a position as a Special (sent the application a week ago), and they have already replied to me, telling me I passed the initial short-listing . I am over the moon about this, as I was a bit paranoid that for some reason they would reject my application. I am freaking out a little bit, just want to get the other stages over with so I can relax a little! But I am very happy right now. I was wondering, however, if anyone knew how long it took Kent Police to give an assessment centre date, or what comes next? Just out of curiosity more than a…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. Mojo1812
    Started by Mojo1812,

    Anyone else invited to assessment day for Kent Police Special Constable on October 11th? Been informed of what to expect, however really nervous/excited. Hope i'm not slow on answering any questions when interviewed.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Hello out of interest does anyone know if your traffic units have specials on it ? Thanks

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. GoneForgotten
    Started by GoneForgotten,

    Hi Kent Police Folks, As I'm sure some of you might be aware of the impending shake up over the border in the Met. The upshot of this will no doubt be people looking for alternatives outside the borders of the Met. As I'm sure you'll get asked about transfers, and I'm going to pose the same question in other bordering force areas. What are the requirements for transfer for both IPS and non IPS officers? Many of the higher skilled officers will no doubt look to bring some of their qualifications with them. Would Level 3 driving, Level 2 public order or Search be something which could be carried over? Thanks, WithoutSkill

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. mike.lec
    Started by mike.lec,

    Anyone else starting in November? All I gotta do is pass my assessment day!

    • 2 replies
    • 946 views
  8. mike.lec
    Started by mike.lec,

    Anyone else starting in November? All I gotta do is pass my assessment day!

    • 0 replies
    • 820 views
  9. RomeoAlphaWhiskey
    Started by RomeoAlphaWhiskey,

    Anyone know what size asp we are issued in Kent? Is it 16, 21 or 26?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. mike.lec
    Started by mike.lec,

    Hey, just wondering how long it takes to hear back after being told you've passed the initial short listing? Be helpful if anyone could help!

    • 8 replies
    • 869 views
  11. benjdsmith
    Started by benjdsmith,

    Hey all, Does anybody know who the supplier is for the HV load vests that RPU use? I want to get one for cycling duties as they would be better than the full on cycle jacket we get issued. Fair play i may have to pay for one. Thanks!

    • 9 replies
    • 2.3k views
  12. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    So I thought it would be good to bring up this topic for my interest, for the interest of people thinking of applying to be a special in Kent and also to try open some more conversation in this part of the forum. I already know the answer to some bits, but thought they may be frequently asked questions. As I understand it, new specials will be assigned to a neighbourhood team. From reading around this site, I'm sure people will have an idea of what Special's get up to generally, but I thought it would be interesting to see what duties a newly trained Special would carry out in a neighbourhood team. What kinds of incidents would they be involed in? How big an area would…

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
    General Purpose
  13. phlopip
    Started by phlopip,

    Hey everyone got my email today to say i've been accepted for the course which starts 23rd June, just wondering if anyone on here is attending the course too, be good to have some course buddies!

    • 37 replies
    • 2.9k views
    RomeoAlphaWhiskey
  14. mla
    Started by mla +,

    Dear neighbours (in the sense that I'm from the MPS, and you're next door)! You may have noticed on the General Discussion page a posting for the ps.com supported Special Constabulary Wiki. I am wondering should any of you have a spare moment whether you can contribute by populating the page for your force? The page can be found here: http://specialconstabulary.wikispot.org/Kent_Police Many thanks and look forward to reading about the specials in your force! Matt. Quote MultiQuote Edit

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Hello all! I'm trying to find a new gym for general fitness. I've been shopping around and can't help but notice they are very expensive and most want you to commit to a 12 month contract. I've recently passed my assessment centre so all being well with vetting, I will be on an intake in September. I was just wondering if, as a special (or even as a trainee), you have access to a gym? Ta SR1

    • 12 replies
    • 2.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.