Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kent Police

 
 
  1. WhiskeyWhiskey99
    Started by WhiskeyWhiskey99,

    Does anybody have any experience of Kent Police from the point of view of transferring in from another force? Also any general experiencing of what it's like as a force would be helpful!

  2. LeSquirrel
    Started by LeSquirrel,

    Hi all, Any other members joining Kent Police on 15th August? Will you be at the pre-employment day on the 7th? I've been learning my definitions from the pack that they sent me, it's taking longer than I had hoped but they did say that they would teach us them as well, still, I'd like to know the majority of it verbatim before starting if possible. I'm very excited but also quite nervous about starting!

    • 0 replies
    • 496 views
  3. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Any response sergeants and PCs from Kentpol able to PM me, I have a few questions I wouldn't mind firing off privately. Thanks in advance. MerseyLLB

  4. Tcon71
    Started by Tcon71,

    An exciting opportunity exists for Kent Special Constables to join the Kent Special Constabulary Roads Policing Unit The Special Constabulary team forms part of the broader Roads Policing Unit within Tactical Operations Command. The team currently comprises 14 officers, with a number trained to the Advanced Response and Tactical Pursuit and Containment level following successful completion of the Standard Response driving course, and with our first two of the team also trained as Standard Response motorcyclists. Successful applicants can expect to receive specialised training in the form of the Traffic Patrol Course including PG9 vehicle examinations and prohibition,…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 742 views
  5. Oldhand
    Started by Oldhand,

    An exciting opportunity exists for Kent Special Constables to join the Kent Special Constabulary Roads Policing Unit The Special Constabulary team forms part of the broader Roads Policing Unit within Tactical Operations Command. The team currently comprises 14 officers, with a number trained to the Advanced Response and Tactical Pursuit and Containment level following successful completion of the Standard Response driving course, and with our first two of the team also trained as Standard Response motorcyclists. Successful applicants can expect to receive specialised training in the form of the Traffic Patrol Course including PG9 vehicle examinations and …

    • 0 replies
    • 730 views
  6. TheCelt
    Started by TheCelt * ,

    Hi, Well I have made it to the assessment stage and have the first part of my assessment with Kent police in just over a week. I am looking forward to it and a wee bit nervous at the same time. Just one issue I am not too sure about. I have a beard which I keep well trimed however I am unsure as to whether I should shave it off for interview. Its been a long time since I have had no beard and when I did shave it off my kids thought I looked scary! Any comments on this would be welcome. I am now preparing for the written assessment and the interview so hopefully I will be well prepared on the day. Any tips would be great. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 355 views
  7. matt6950
    Started by matt6950,

    Hi everyone. Applied to Kent Police Specials and I have my assessment on Wednesday "Yay" what kind of things can I do to help prepare myself for the assessment? Never gotten this far before and have no idea what to expect... I'm a little worried about the written examination, I hardly write on paper! I'm so used to a red line appearing under any misspelled words, My spelling and grammar aren't great, writing on a computer improves it ten fold. I would hate for the reason I get rejected to be my spelling and grammar. Does anyone know how they mark the written examination? Many thanks Matt.

    • 4 replies
    • 672 views
  8. Tcon71
    Started by Tcon71,

    This is a conference for all of Kent Special Constabulary. The event will include guest speakers, numerous work shops and practical demonstrations. The event will start at 1000 hours with a welcoming speech from the Chief Officer. Lunch is included. The event will finish at 1800 hours, however all are invited to a meal afterwards. Further details are on the Events tab on Dutysheet. This is the first event of this kind we've had, it would be great to see it well supported by our officers.

    • 0 replies
    • 455 views
  9. LeSquirrel
    Started by LeSquirrel,

    Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this information is allowed to be shared but I was just curious about what the shift patterns are like for Kent (regulars), can anyone tell me? I'm awaiting my assessment centre results so not even that far in the process yet, as I said I'm just curious about how it works. Thanks

  10. ntrc10
    Started by ntrc10,

    Good morning, I have been invited to take three Apollo Assessments as part of the Kent Police recruitment process. Has anyone taken such a test or have any advice about what to expect as I have never heard of an Apollo Assessment or what it entails? Many thanks in advance, Nick

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 8.7k views
  11. DodgeRam
    Started by DodgeRam +,
  12. WhiteCapSpecial
    Started by WhiteCapSpecial,

    Hi All, Currently a S/Sgt serving in the Met Special Constabulary and thoroughly enjoy it. I will be potentially relocating with family to Kent, and as such will probably find it quite tedious commuting back and forth back to my Borough in the Met. Just wanted to ask for opinions on what it is like being a Special within Kent and what sort of opportunities are available to SCs in Kent. Thanks,

    • 5 replies
    • 808 views
  13. TheCelt
    Started by TheCelt * ,

    Hi, I am currently in the process of applying to Kent Police to be a Special Constable. I have found a lot of information on the Forum which has answered many of my questions. I am originally from the Republic of Ireland but have lived in the UK for many years. From what I have read the recruitment process will be the same for me as anyone else but I was wondering if the vetting procedures might be slightly different as most of my family live in Ireland. I would be interested to know what people think. I have also contacted the Recruitment people at Kent Police about vetting procedures and am waiting to hear back. Many Thanks

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 358 views
  14. Jackthelad2
    Started by Jackthelad2,

    Evening All, Just wondered what Kent's standard issue kit is for all Regulars? Also are officers granted A-B automatically or do you have to go on a course/drive to prove you are competent? Cheers Jack

    • 2 replies
    • 753 views
  15. Jackthelad2
    Started by Jackthelad2,

    Evening all, i'm currently going the recruitment process with Kent Police for the Regs and just waiting on a Start date. Just wondered if there is anyone else out there in a similar position? Cheers, Jack

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 886 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.