Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dorset Police

 
 
  1. Webley
    Started by Webley +,
  2. Chief Cheetah
    Started by Chief Cheetah,
    • 0 replies
    • 693 views
  3. BigPapaMike
    Started by BigPapaMike,

    Hello, I'm a Met Special with 4 years service currently living in London but for personal reasons I am considering moving down to Dorset, specifically the Bournemouth area. I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction, or offer me advice, on what the process would be transferring as a Special to Dorset? I'm very much a "career special" with no intentions of becoming a Regular, I am signed off as IPS with all my training up to date. I know nothing about Dorset police, or more specifically what role a Special plays down there so I would very much like your local knowledge and advice. Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. Klaus
    Started by Klaus,

    Hello, Is there anyone on here who specials in or near Dorchester? I'm helping organise something down that way later this month and could use the help of some local officers. Please drop me a PM if you're an SC or PC in the area. Thanks

  5. Klaus
    Started by Klaus,

    Hello, Is there anyone on here who specials in or near Dorchester? I'm helping organise something down that way later this month and could use the help of some local officers. Please drop me a PM if you're an SC or PC in the area. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 440 views
  6. Tech49
    Started by Tech49 * ,

    Hello I was due to have my induction on 6th February 2016 to become a Special Constable for Dorset Police. I received a very disappointing email yesterday to say that the February intake has been postponed for at least 6 months as they training needs to be reviewed and restructured. Gutted isn't the word! I was so looking forward to my induction and make a start on my training. I was ready to throw myself into it and I was very eager and excited. I understand why it's been postponed, but now I don't know what to do in the meantime. Is there anyone else on here in the same position? Does anyone have any suggestions for a short term venture until I can star…

  7. LosingGrip
  8. Farm Boy

    Sorry I have not put this on here sooner, I only spotted this yesterday and I've been mega busy. To my knowledge this is the first time I've seen Dorset Police looking to have transferees from non-office forces but I maybe wrong?? https://www.dorset.police.uk/recruitment/transferees/current-vacancies

  9. Odie
  10. Odie
    Started by Odie,
    • 2 replies
    • 534 views
  11. DanHollands
    Started by DanHollands,

    Recruitment now open for the Special Constabulary in Dorset! http://dorset.police.uk/Default.aspx?page=303

    • 0 replies
    • 780 views
  12. Fox
  13. SW_matt
    Started by SW_matt,
  14. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,
  15. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.