Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dorset Police

 
 
  1. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Police station custody suite to effectively close By Jim Durkin THE custody suite at Poole police station will effectively close this summer as part of ongoing £18million cost-cutting measures, the Daily Echo can reveal. Bournemouth’s recently-opened station on Madeira Road, which boasts 34 new cells, will serve as the primary custody suite for the conurbation as Dorset Police Authority continues working to reduce costs by the next financial year. Detective Chief Superintendent Colin Stanger insists Poole’s 24 cells will be kept in a permanent state of readiness for occasions when there is likely to be high demand. The chief superintendent says this deci…

    • 7 replies
    • 3.1k views
  2. groovybluedog
    Started by groovybluedog,

    Hi all, I just had a few questions about these "TETRA" Airwave radio things. Do they act like mobile phones or something? Can you personally call other officers on the airwave? I've heard many different answers to that. I googled "Can you personally call other officers on the airwave?" and an archived thread came up with a bloke that used his radio to call his Wife telling her he would be late due to being stuck in the snow. Don't know if that is true. I've posted here as the question of whether you are allowed to take your Airwave off duty is force specific. Also, from that thread I've heard that what you say can be heard even without transmitting. Like VOX but much m…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 4.2k views
  3. Llama
    Started by Llama,

    Hi everybody, Hope you're all well - I just wondered if anyone had any clarification on what attachments can be arranged once IP status is attained? I know you can do attachments with SNT, Traffic and Response - but what about more specialist areas like CID etc? See you around Dorset in the near future!

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  4. maverick1231546620740
    Started by maverick1231546620740,

    A brand new BBC3 documentary series is looking for serving and retired police officers to tell us about the funniest and strangest things that have happened to them during their career. We’d like to hear about: • The daftest or most incompetent criminals you’ve ever encountered. • The funniest thing that ever happened to you during your time on the force. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us so that we can tell you a bit more about the show. We’d also love to hear your stories. Our programme will provide an insight into best practices, celebrate the achievements of the police and convey a strong central message: Crime doesn’t pay and …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
    maverick1231546620740
  5. Llama
    Started by Llama,

    I know it's been done to death on here, but I just wanted to check what the dress code is for training dates because I don't fancy looking like a tool under or overdressed for the occasion! And dress code for the PS training? Cheers all! *Oh by the way I did an Obs shift the other day - was pretty good! I'm asking to do more over the next few months just to get a bit more of an insight!

    • 15 replies
    • 3.1k views
  6. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    I found out tonight that the wearing of tac-vests, whilst not compulsory, is now 'recommended' (so much so that we're likely to be challenged for not wearing them by senior officers). Now, I'll wear my hi-viz tac-vest if I have to, simply because it's not worth the hassle to leave it behind and face the wrath of a sergeant or inspector, but I really don't like them (the vests, not the senior officers!) I don't like wearing my kit (cuffs, PAVA, baton, etc) on the vest so I'll still wear my belt (although the kit is now slightly harder to access because of the vest!) They vests also absorb water like a sponge rendering the pockets useless in the wet, so basically I'm jus…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 7k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  7. Fox
    Started by Fox,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-13817747 Dorset Police's new Deputy Chief Constable appointed Debbie Simpson takes up the position of Deputy Chief Constable in the autumn A police officer who helped manage the UK response to the Boxing Day Tsunami in 2004 has been appointed as Dorset's new Deputy Chief Constable. Debbie Simpson is currently an Assistant Chief Constable with Devon and Cornwall Police. She said: "I am committed to delivering to the residents of Dorset the best policing service possible." She succeeds Deputy Chief Constable, Chris Lee, who is retiring after a 30-year police career. Debbie Simpson joined Bedfordshire Police in 1984 an…

    • 1 reply
    • 2.3k views
    Administrative Account
  8. Perksy1
    Started by Perksy1 * ,

    Hi to all, I have recently found this website from looking it is similiar to one i went on prior to joining.I have been with Dorset as a PC now for four years and i am stationed in Christhcurch.From searching this site i see that Jemz is still a member and trying to transfer to Dorset well just thought i would say hello to Jemz and any other Dorset officers.

    • 2 replies
    • 855 views
  9. QC4521
    Started by QC4521,

    Wetherspoons to open pub in Wimborne WETHERSPOONS has been granted a licence to open a pub in Wimborne. A week after the chain’s planning application for the Old Conservative Club, in West Borough, was approved by district planners, their opening times have also been given the green light. Councillors on East Dorset District Council’s licensing sub-committee have decided to allow Wetherspoons to open until 12.30am from Sunday to Wednesday and 1.30am, Thursday to Saturday. Late night refreshment and alcohol could be served until midnight and 1am respectively. On New Year’s Eve they would be allowed to open until 5am. Neighbours raised concerns about noise …

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 5.3k views
    Administrative Account
  10. Giraffe
    Started by Giraffe +,

    Wooooop!!! Let's dance! Anyone seen my drink?!?!?! :D

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 5.4k views
    Big Al1546081140
  11. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    Does anyone know roughly how long the fitness test will last? What time roughly are we able to leave? Need to work out if I'll need to get time off work, forgot to ask when I phoned up today >.<

    • 24 replies
    • 4.8k views
  12. Llama
    Started by Llama,

    Hi Everybody, As some of you may know I am, subject to fitness test next week, going to be a special in Dorset. My reason for starting this topic was because the experiences vary massively from county to county and I thought it would be interesting to discuss what your typical duties are here in Dorset. I know there are similar topics in the general area but I thought it would be interesting to look specifically at our neck of the woods! What I'd like to hear is an outline of a typical duty, most common crimes in the area, what cars are used and really just anything else related to specials in our area! Thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 3.4k views
  13. spiderman101
    Started by spiderman101,

    Hi Is anyone here starting training in the New Year?

      • Like
    • 87 replies
    • 11.2k views
  14. mastersmithson
    Started by mastersmithson,

    when I left the police, they let me keep the gloves. I work with the Dorset Wilflife Trust, and they work brilliantly! Unfortunatly, I was cutting down and burning some trees today, and my left glove slipped off my hand and into the fire. Does anyone know where Dorset get their gloves from? I would love to buy some!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 4k views
  15. REG91546081130
    Started by REG91546081130,

    A big congratulations on reaching your 50th birthday, from all in East Dorset. A shining example of community policing at it's best. Well done mate.

    • 6 replies
    • 3.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.