Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dorset Police

 
 
  1. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    Morning all, just a quick question, is the mileage allowance the same if you are claiming for a car or a motorbike? I'm guessing that because we have to put the engine size in, that there is a difference. Does anyone know what they are? Thanks .

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  2. Llama
    Started by Llama,

    I'm leaving Dorset in under a month and thought I would say a quick thank you to all those that helped me throughout my application and service as a Special in Dorset. All the best to you all - take care. :new_wave:

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Fox
    Started by Fox,

    Am I alone in thinking the policy of probationers only crewing with reg tutors has the potential to divide the special constabulary to some degree? I've got a couple at my station and have been told they are not to go on special led ops or Special led events (carnivals etc.) To my mind this doesn't seem very inclusive and has the hall marks of having two officers detatched from the rest of the Specials which isn't very condusive to a teamworking ethos. I've had a look on the NPIA website and lists the aims of IL4SC as; To provide Special Constables with the appropriate knowledge, understanding, skills, attitudes and behaviours to perform limited duties under the supe…

      • Like
    • 59 replies
    • 4.7k views
  4. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    Quick question. How likely is it to be able to park at the station tonight for 1800? If I'm not able to park there, does anyone know of any places (side roads) that you can park for as long as you like for, close by? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 886 views
    Administrative Account
  5. DanHollands
    Started by DanHollands,

    when does the uniform fitting take place in Dorset at what stage? Before training or after? Also in the Stage 1 (initial training) is that OST and airwaves or is this covered out of the 13 or so weeks? Thanks, Daniel

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. support1546080886
    Started by support1546080886,

    Recently spoke to a Dorset Officer who was wearing a Hi Viz Police Bomber Jacket whilst on a day out in sunny Dorset. The officer told me that he had to buy his own Hi Viz. Police Bomber Jacket as the force don't issue these ? How many of you have had to buy your own Police Jackets ? What uniform items do Dorset Police issue ? Sounds like the cut backs are bad when you have to buy your own florrie jacket. C.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 3.3k views
  7. dannyboy01
    Started by dannyboy01,

    Morning guys, i know dont all fall over at once i am still here and active :-), to wake the forum up a bit i thought id get some views on the news i heard this morning. It would appear Mr Underhill the new PCC for dorset has stated he'd like to increase the number of specials in dorset from 200-450 and also try and instigate some sort of payment in recognition for the work we do, what are peeps thoughts on this and the current standings of active specials in dorset.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  8. 2nd_Hill
    Started by 2nd_Hill,

    Evening people. Anyone know when the next recruiting is taking place for Dorset Police Specials? The Policecouldyou site says they are recruiting, but the Dorset Police site says they are not. Or should I wait until end of the Month when it gets updated? Thanks, 2nd_Hill

    • 32 replies
    • 9.2k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  9. REG91546081130
    Started by REG91546081130,

    I would like to say goodbye to you all. After four years and five months of "quality" policing i've decided to hang up my handcuffs. It has been an amazing experience, some bad, but mostly great, I have met some fantastic people, seen some sights that I would never have seen had I not joined, and made some good friends along the way. I will miss the banter the most I think, and Big Al and Mincechop. So be careful out there and thanks for coming in.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
    REG91546081130
  10. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    To all Dorset officers on the forum - please read this thread, and stay safe out there.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  11. A.S.R.
    Started by A.S.R.,

    Hi all Has anyone got any feedback on the 2012 refresher course? I'm currently preparing for it and wondered if there were any particular pointers in terms of legislation & pre-reading for knowledge checks? Thanks everyone.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    Evening all, Is anyone able to help me with what the rates are for claiming our meal allowance? I can't find where I had them written down. Cheers.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Ello, ello, el-ho ho ho... Just wanted to wish all Dorset Specials, Regs, civilian staff and volunteers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - may 2012 bring all that you wish for! Have a good one, peeps!

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  14. Dropshort
    Started by Dropshort,

    I was at HQ recently on a CPD event and the discussion moved onto specials . . . one comment I found interesting is that the number of active specials is now around the 200 mark, now not that long ago I seem to remember the figure of 500 specials wanted by the powers that be, this has clearly been turned on its head as I got the feeling that its quality and not quantity which is the driving force now. All that being said with the number of specials still leaving the force (there seems to be 3 or 4 each week in GO's) combined with the current recruitment freeze and no more intakes until late 2012 early 2013 what are your thoughts?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. lauryn21
    Started by lauryn21,

    What kind of things do they do in the medical? To be honest i think i am pretty healthy (other than a bit of baby weight left to shift!) but it would be nice to know what to expect- medical is on Thurs 6th Dec. Thanking you kindly

    • 57 replies
    • 9.4k views
    Chemical Engineer

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.