Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dorset Police

 
 
  1. Farm Boy
    Started by Farm Boy,

    Can Anyone spread some light on the new Assessment Centre for SC in Dorset. How dose it work? What to expect? Ect......

    • 7 replies
    • 897 views
  2. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    Good evening PS! Hopefully a quick question, my half sister is interested in applying to be a Special and was wondering what the training commitments are currently, I know it's changed since I did my initial training. Is it still mainly all day Sunday with a full weekend for personal safety? Many thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 755 views
    LosingGrip +
  3. Ellesse
    Started by Ellesse,

    Does anyone else have a problem on mobile ESIBS, and more importantly know how to fix it - drives me mad! I get the above error when trying to access.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Corbs
    Started by Corbs,

    Seeing as there isn't a general chat thread for DorPol, here you are!!

      • Like
    • 131 replies
    • 21.2k views
    Administrative Account
  5. Farm Boy
    Started by Farm Boy,

    Do you want to be a 101 and 999 Call Taker / Radio Operator? http://www.dorset.police.uk/default.aspx?page=7549

    • 2 replies
    • 930 views
  6. Farm Boy
    Started by Farm Boy,

    Dorset police to launch there next SC campaign in June 2014. http://www.dorset.police.uk/default.aspx?page=6770

    • 1 reply
    • 695 views
  7. Farm Boy
    Started by Farm Boy,

    More info to be found on force web site,follow the link below. Full time PC:- Uniform Patrol Constables x 25 Full time PC:- Armed Response Constables x 5 http://www.dorset.police.uk/default.aspx?page=308

    • 0 replies
    • 805 views
  8. Llama
    Started by Llama,

    Hello Dorset Folk! Some of you may remember me - I used to be a Special down here before moving away to become a PC. I'm transferring back in the near future so just a message to say hello again, and I look forward to seeing you all in the near future! Llama

    • 0 replies
    • 892 views
  9. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    Driving down Wimborne Road past the station I saw a PCSO walking with someone else, they had written on their top 'polite' or what looked like it from a quick glance, flat cap and smart blue trousers. Certainly didn't look like any police uniform I've seen in Dorset before! Anyone have any ideas?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  10. Cjm2911
    Started by Cjm2911,

    Hello all,,,, after a long wait I have finally been given a new date for my medical/fitness tests..... Now its starting to get close, I am starting to panic. I have been doing lost of personal training and am very fit but my BMI is still slightly high....I cannot for the life of me find the grade for dorset police specials... Is it 30 or 35..... And how much does dorset police go on the bmi results, is there still a chance of me getting in with a higher bmi..or is that it, come back when its lower than what they the ask for? Thanks all ... Really appreciate your replies !! I hope to meet you soon.

    • 20 replies
    • 2k views
    Administrative Account
  11. SCT
    Started by SCT,

    Hi guys Thought I'd introduce myself, I am starting with Dorset as a call handler in February! Is there any other Dorset call handlers on here ?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. SCT
    Started by SCT,

    Hi Can anyone tell me if HQ winfrith has a gym ? Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. DanHollands
    Started by DanHollands,

    Dorset Police have announced they are changing from blue shirts to black wicking shirts for PC's and SC's and royal blue wicking shirts for PCSO's Thoughts?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 2.7k views
  14. DanHollands
    Started by DanHollands,

    Special Constabulary is currently closed Police officer recruitment is currently closed.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. DanHollands
    Started by DanHollands,

    Hi, I just wondered what training after IPS specials can do? Stuff like driving, speed gun ect.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.