Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dorset Police

 
 
  1. HaroldMartinPrior
    Started by HaroldMartinPrior,

    Hi All, Had a quick search and I don't think this has been asked in the Dorset forum anyway. Do Dorset Specials help out with policing football matches and other events in the county? I'm not a massive football fan or anything, just think it'd be interesting to to help out at events as well as the more "usual" duties. Not sure if this can be answered due to operational reasons. If not, I start training soon, so I'll ask then! :-)

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. Cjm2911
    Started by Cjm2911,

    Hi guys! I am due to go for my medical start of september and fitness test the middle of september. I was just wondering if any you have any info about the medical, as in what checks they make anything i should be looking out for. I am currently training like mad to boost my fitness, but just really starting to panic now. Hope you can help. Thanks for your time.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.9k views
  3. adamh
    Started by adamh,

    Just wondering if anyone else in the 11th May 2013 intake visits this forum? Medical sometime at the start of February and fitness on the 11/02!

      • Like
    • 67 replies
    • 5.2k views
  4. Rydawg
    Started by Rydawg,

    Anyone from 2/13 on here?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. Farm Boy
    Started by Farm Boy,

    What is the longest time you have had to wait for your expenses to be paid??

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. Fox
    Started by Fox,

    I note in this months edition Volunteer Support are encouraging us to send in pictures of our colleagues. Given that vol support send out the PDF of the mag to non-secure home email addresses, is anyone aware of any change to force policy regarding the taking photos on police premises?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. dannyboy01
    Started by dannyboy01,

    Hi friends and colleauges, (yes i am still lingering ;-) just a quick thankyou to all those who put in alot of effort and planning to make the annual wimborne folk festival such a great duty to volunteer to help out with. although slightly down on specials numbers compared to last year i still think that 13 for friday night and slightly less for the saturday was a great turnout and a credit to the supervision and backing specials that make it an enjoyable duty. I think a majority of us were slightly aprehensive going into the duty due to a shake up in the way it was policed this year, in the fact we would be crewing with PSU trained Regs and that was new to alot of us, …

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    Afternoon all, Just a quick question to see if anyone has had their PenTip books yet? I know regulars have had theirs ready to use from yesterday, but we've not been allocated ours yet. I completely forgot to ask yesterday at the monthly meeting. Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Administrative Account
  9. kookachoo
    Started by kookachoo,

    So I've had my return confirmed now, just Personal Safety, First Aid and an attestation, and uniform fitting... then I'm done! PS is a 4 day course now then - whats involved?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Ellesse
    Started by Ellesse,

    So... Have the fitness tomorrow and am starting to hyperventilate about the bleep test. Reckon my general fitness is OK, but managed to get stabbed deeply in the leg by a toy car park at the weekend. Really don't want to fail at the final hurdle. Intake is end of August.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. TallGuy1546081014
    Started by TallGuy1546081014 +,

    Well a fresh batch of new Specials have just been put in the oven on a low heat (initial training) so here's wondering how many will be left and where they will be going when the door gets opened in 3 months time. Am expecting 1 or 2 to be heading for East (or whatever it's called by then).

      • Like
    • 71 replies
    • 3.4k views
  12. JP1985
    Started by JP1985,

    Colleagues, I have been in for four years now, originally joining up to see if I'd like the role with a view to going full-time. Having spent 3 1/2 years on Western now the past 6 months on Eastern. With the huge lack of Regular recruitment (2018), moral down in the whole service, I am now questioning myself as to why I am still giving up quality family time to serve a purpose. In my first three years I was hand on heart addicted to "fighting crime" and I racked up the most hours on section twice, (yearly), I have made a fare few arrests over the years and put in far more than was expected of me. It's not good when it's down to hours now, but it is hours. Having spe…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  13. TallGuy1546081014
    Started by TallGuy1546081014 +,

    Under proposals being put forward by the PCC we could see Dorset recruit 12 new officers in June this year to curb the reduction in officers from 50 to 38. What it will cost the residents of Dorset is 7p/day on their Council tax. These proposals are in addition to boosting the number of SC from our current 200 to 400 with more investment in their training and that of existing specials. As a Special I'm actually not in favour of growing the SC above 300 as their are infrastructure limitations on how many officers can be on duty at any one time which would need to be resolved and the costs of doing this can not in my experience be met.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.3k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  14. TallGuy1546081014
    Started by TallGuy1546081014 +,

    Congratulations to all those that will be "passing out" on Sunday 15th June at HQ. And a special mention for one SC who is doing her first duty 6hrs after being attested!

      • Like
    • 66 replies
    • 7.4k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  15. Webley1545926261
    Started by Webley1545926261,

    I'm very new here, had been looking around lot yesterday and a times previous. As it states on page 5 of (http://www.dorset.police.uk/PDF/FAQ_Guide_to_becoming_a_Special_ConstableV1_1_0812.pdf) All applicants must be: 18 years of age or over. The closing date for applications is currently 4th March which 3 months ago I remember dropping my head while saying something along the lines between a "Doh" and a sigh. In April I shall be 18 so unfortunately I have missed this one. Any idea when the next Recruitment Campaign is going to be? And any other general advice?

    • 9 replies
    • 939 views
    Webley1545926261

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.