Dorset Police
104 topics in this forum
-
-
- 4 replies
- 876 views
- 3 followers
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
-
- 0 replies
- 548 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey all, Sorry if this post is not in the right place, but I didn't know where else to put it Just wondered if anyone else on here has been through Dorset's current PC recruitment process and has been given a start date?? Amy
-
Just in case you missed the updates on EsiBS, Dorset Specials now have official Facebook and Twitter accounts: Twitter: @DorsetSpecials Facebook: Dorset Police Specials Follow and find out what we're all up to! :D
-
-
I am in need of a hat. A peak cap. Having a custodian in the car is a little bit of a pain to say the least. With stores now... Gone... Anyone know what is the best way to go about getting one of my own?
-
Hello everyone, Forgive me if this is in the wrong place; I just wondered if anyone else has applied for Dorset Police regulars and been given a start date of either Oct '14 or Jan/Mar '15? Amy
-
Has anyone got an update on how their current SC intake is going? Weather your still waiting for; Interview, Medical,fitness etc...... Or Have you passed/heard back about your; interview,Medical,Fitness etc.....
-
I'm currently a serving response PC up in the midlands, however considering moving down to the south west, either Dorset or Devon, possibly Cornwall. I'm looking at both Dorset, and D&C as for a transfer, however at present only Dorset are taking on transferees. My main consideration at this point is which stations response officers are based at in Dorset? With recent police station closures nationally and other centralisation of resources, including in my own force, I'll well aware that in most areas there are now very few stations at which response officers are based. I've posted a similar question in the D&C forum too. Thanks.
-
Good morning all. I've been lurking on the forum a lot over the past couple of months, so thought I should formally introduce myself. I am not a special, but am joining as a PC in Dorset with a start date of October. I know there are forums dedicated to PCs, but this place seems a lot more lively, and dare I say positive. A lot of other forums are filled with those who have been in the job a while, and so they all hate it, think you're mad to want to join etc etc. Where as people on here seem to hold the same enthusiasm as I do. But I digress... As well as introducing myself, I do have a couple of questions. We have been told that we need to sort out our own boots an…
-
Morning all, Anyone else on here attending the assessment centre on 1st May in Southampton as part of the current PC recruitment process?
-
Hi, I know this is a Specials forum, I used to be a special and know how helpful you all are :-) I'm currently a regular PC in sussex but I'm having thoughts of relocating to Dorset (at some point in the future, not right now) and I have a few questions if you dont mind. How does Response policing work in Dorset? Do you have response 'Hubs' or do you respond from local stations? If 'hubs' where are they? What are the busiest and Q***test stations? Also, do you have seperate department for secondry investigations of response jobs? In Sussex, we call them RIT teams (Response Investigation Teams) and basically, the response officer will attend the job, do the initial…
-
It may not have been rolled out across the entire force yet, but ESIBS (Emergency Services Internet Booking System) has been up and running for a month now. Have you used it? What did you think of it? Personally, I think that even at it's most basic level it's a very useful tool - if only for recording your duties and activities, it's nice to be able to see at a glance what you've done over the last month or two. I think it'll come into it's own the more it's used, eventually replacing the outdated and error-prone Ringmaster system (some got messages multiple times, others never got contacted at all!) For those that don't know what I'm talking about, you can find out …
-
Two topics in a day... wow! As I understand it from discussions with specials in West Dorset, there has never been a parallel ranking system of Special Sgt, Special Insp etc here in Dorset, and instead we've always had the Divisional Officer / Area Officer here. My question is - what do you all think of that? Would you rather the same ranking as the regs? The reason I ask is that you know somebody called Sergeant is important, but Divisional Officer? It doesn't quite have the same meaning. Would you, in CC Baker's position, change the titles or do you like them the way it is?