Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9556 topics in this forum
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-27019957 The M25 good if it works
-
The BBC has done a video report if you click on the link. The full wording of the sign reads; "I AM A BULLY! I pick on children that are disabled, and I am intolerant of those that are different from myself. My actions do not reflect an appreciation for the diverse South Euclid community that I live in."
-
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/18/the-utter-collapse-of-human-civilization-will-be-difficult-to-avoid-nasa-funded-study-says/
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-26955238
-
In the UK press there has been a lot of negative press over Police involvement in the Hillsbourgh incident. Surely it was the club at fault for allowing too many people into its ground. I can't see how people claim that the Police were responsible?
-
Quite apart from the semantics of the word 'competency' meaning something like 'attribute of being consistently barely able', how useful are 'competency based interviews' and 'competency based application questions'? Such approaches to recruitment are ubiquitous in the public sector, and increasingly found in the private sector too. What this style of assessment hopes to extract from a candidate is whether - on a single occasion - they managed to perform a certain type of task successfully. Furthermore, it hopes to find if the candidate can express this singular success in a simplistic and rigid way. Now, I am not an employer, and I have never had to interview anyone f…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-26970204
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-26853745 What planet is this guy on to come up with this :new_doh2:
-
http://t.news.uk.msn.com/uk/milly-dowler-killer-wins-payout
-
Seven Royal Marines have been arrested on suspicion of murder, the UK's Ministry of Defence (MoD) has said. A statement said the arrests on Thursday by the Royal Military Police related to an incident in Afghanistan in 2011. It said the incident followed an "engagement with an insurgent" but no civilians were involved.The ministry statement did not name the marines or give any further details of the incident.An MoD spokesman said: "The Royal Military Police have today arrested seven Royal Marines on suspicion of murder. The arrests relate to an incident in Afghanistan in 2011."The incident followed an engagement with an insurgent; there were no civilians involved. The in…
-
http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26959628
-
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/apr/08/eu-court-overturns-law-snoopers-charter-data-phones-isps It looks like the ECJ had a little #IAgreeWithNick moment. The Internet industry has been telling various governments across the EU that most of these blanket data retention ideas are unworkable, but apparently technical people aren't the experts on technical matters, legislators are.
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572996/Ex-Army-tank-driver-42-26-different-driving-licences-turned-790-jobs.html What a way to treat a Armed Forces man after 23 years and commanded the world's biggest military vehicles and looking at the licence shows he can.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-26848806 Nice to read scum have been given jail time has I hate clampers who make money from this scam.
-
Just breaking, Reports of two shooters are not uncommon in events like this but often turn out to be a lone gunman