Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9556 topics in this forum
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-27204689 Good job CCTV footage proved he was lying and how many people tell lies to keep there licence with poor eyesight to the DVLA.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27156660 Looks good and hope it works
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-27174200 Did wonder what was going on until I read the BBC news and just in case something like this ever happen in London.
-
http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/News/Spy-cameras-cashing-in-across-Bedfordshire-20140427110603.htm
-
-
I've been following the whole Militia thing with interest for a few years now, I have my own opinions on them. But the Bundy Ranch thing has brought them to the forefront again an made me wonder what people opinion is, if you are aware what they are etc. For those of you who don't know what they are it's an extension of the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms thing. Certain groups (mainly Far right nutjobs) have taken the whole Militia bit and run with it forming small private psudo-armies to fight the evil federal forces when they come for their guns, but with one Nevada senator describing Bundy ranch militia as domestic terrorists I was keen to see peoples views on th…
-
As per the title, is the UK clinging to some 19th century belief that the rest of the world actually CARES what we think, or do we think that Britain still retains some influence. President Putin basically laughed at us (and the rest of Europe) at the response to the crisis in Ukraine and carried on doing exactly as he pleased. Militarily we can hardly muster enough regular troops now to cover the Governments commitments overseas, so the question is - should we be getting involved in things that basically have nothing to do with us, or should we still assisting outside of troops already allocated to UN peacekeeping forces
-
Let's hope someone shows some commons sense and slaps these militias down, hard and quickly
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27102777 At long last a better way to use the Dartford tunnel
-
Source - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tv-psychic-derek-acorah-charged-after-southport-car-crash-8992468.html Idiot. I've always disliked this man, and every other 'TV psychic' charlatan that makes a living from conning people with this nonsense quackery.
-
Manchester United need a new manager if anyone fancies a go Ryan Giggs is interim manager , which sort of brought back the topics about jumping from constable to inspector
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-27062378 What a waste of money to send nine people. :new_crazy:
-
I take it this ridiculous woman won't be using hair straighteners, a dishwasher, driving a car, or anything that relies on power? Whilst I recognise the right to protest, frankly I would have expected better of an MP and especially having stuck the boot in by calling policing 'oppressive'.
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2604921/Giant-South-American-bird-disembowel-human-single-blow-run-speeds-40mph-loose-English-countryside.html There's still a Wallaby that's been on the run hop in Herts for 6 months too. The article doesn't mention it but the Rhea is actually called Chris (seriously, it really is) Only in flippin' Hertfordshire! :lol:
-
Breaking on their twitter: https://twitter.com/bostonpolice