Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember
    Started by OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember,

    Link: http://news.uk.msn.com/pupil-dies-in-school-wall-collapse it seems like the council need to have checks on these buildings as they seem to be having quite a few deaths/injuries on in their borough, what are your thoughts?

    • 1 reply
    • 470 views
    Hero_6131546082365
  2. Forlorn Hope

    It was only the other day we were saying on here they've not had anything like this happened for a while,what a Clown, but it has cheered my day the div

    • 0 replies
    • 359 views
  3. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-slashed-throat-asda-after-3293448 Very sad.

    • 2 replies
    • 567 views
  4. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-26764022 For a councillor and magistrate not good and should resign

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 2.6k views
  5. Webley1545926261
    Started by Webley1545926261,

    My words fail me as to the stupidity of this prank. I thought that "The Troll Station" was bad... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW7YSWGeFQg I do question if it even possible to be this stupid. Surely it must be fake? Anyone else have any other instances of people winning stupid prizes?

    • 1 reply
    • 448 views
  6. Dice

    Brilliant news. Congratulations all around! Now we all have the chance to be miserable! :new_girlpower:

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 481 views
    Administrative Account
  7. Webley1545926261

    http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/child-hurt-by-razor-blades-taped-to-east-moline-playground/article_bc9b3edc-1751-5dda-97b2-92ce5cc2216f.html Beyond Unreal

    • 4 replies
    • 554 views
    Administrative Account
  8. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    Not sure what to think of this, prepping for intervention ?

      • Like
    • 72 replies
    • 3.4k views
  9. Javioli
    Started by Javioli,

    I need some help with my PADI membership if anyone can help? I'm intending to dive in Belize in December and I need to get some sort of proof that I completed my Advanced Open Water (which I completed in 2004). I tried logging onto the PADI forum but it asks for a PADI membership number, however the centre I did it with told me that I don't have a membership number because that is reserved for pro level of Dive Master and above. So, how do I go about getting proof of my qualification? Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 616 views
  10. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Four people have been killed after a civilian helicopter has crashed in Norfolk, police have confirmed. Norfolk police said it was dealing with the helicopter crash in Gillingham, near Beccles. Officers were called to the scene at around 7.30pm, and after carrying out a search the crash site was located. The East of England Ambulance Service said it has sent three ambulances, a rapid response unit, two senior officers and two doctors to the scene. A spokeswoman said: "We got called to reports of a helicopter crash near Beccles and we sent several resources to the scene, including doctors." Emergency services remain on the scene and a cordon has been put up. Sky sour…

    • 2 replies
    • 478 views
  11. Marty McFly1546081284
  12. Marty McFly1546081284
  13. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    I've been watching a few decent documentaries recently on the BBC, one of which was about the railways in Mumbai. I couldn't help noticing that the producers saw fit to subtitle several different (Indian) people who were speaking perfectly good English. Whilst those concerned had a relatively strong accent they were still perfectly easy to understand. I find it quite insulting, to be honest, and the BBC never seem to subtitle any "white British" people who have very strong accents and who arguably might be just as hard to understand..... I've never seen a Glaswegian subtitled to be honest and I find strong Glaswegian accents hard to follow. It's not just this week, thou…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 961 views
  14. OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember
    Started by OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember,

    http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/ex-tenant-battered-in-row-over-spoon-1-6512702 this made me think, "it's just a spoon, why?"

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 787 views
  15. Ether
    Started by Ether +,

    The Government are considering giving the Armed Forces exemptions to the Human Rights Act, the question I would ask is: Do people think that the Armed Forces deserve less protection than the rest of the population, bearing in mind that military forces are subject to English law regardless of where they are in the world? Should this be applied, could it not also transfer to the Police and other emergency services, keeping in mind the amount of recent articles in the press regarding officers injured in the course of their duties, who have subsequently received large payouts in compensation? Discuss

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 734 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.