Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9556 topics in this forum
-
Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26273051 Clip from video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26136111
-
-
Hi all!! The MPGS(not to be confused with the civilian MGS) are a part of the Adjutant General's Corps Provost Branch within the British Army and this year we will be recruiting up to 700 new soldiers to fulfil armed guarding requirements at tri service sites all over the United Kingdom. The MPGS perform armed and unarmed guarding, access control, mobile and foot patrols and where necessary, searching of persons and vehicles entering and leaving MOD establishments. MPGS soldiers are unique in that they do not get deployed outside of the UK and that upon enlistment you opt to serve at a specific location(subject to availability)and you could, if you wanted to, stay ther…
-
source Posted in the real world, though I expect this'll go locker room sooner or later... So who wants to count the moving traffic offences she was committing when attacked by a dangerous automated bollard?
-
Just like any recently captured prisoner of war, the SAS soldier paraded in front of the camera for the benefit of his enemy’s propaganda machine does his best to appear calm. Chained around his neck, he seems indifferent as his Taliban captors display the arsenal of weaponry and equipment seized at the same time as he was captured in December. He had been separated from his unit during a clandestine operation to clear out a Taliban base in Afghanistan’s eastern province of Laghman. The Taliban have dubbed their prisoner DaGarwal — ‘Colonel’, which is a lot higher than his actual rank, if he even had one. For this highly trained member of Britain’s special forces is,…
-
So I'll start by saying this is a pretty important subject in two ways. 1) AIDS denial costs lives. There's no doubt about that - people die through the spreading of these lies. Therefore debunking any "documentaries" suggesting that AIDS doesn't exist is paramount. 2) This seems to surprise people but I'm pretty anti-censorship. I don't hide that fact and so when people try and prevent the actual science from being communicated, I get pretty angry. So a brief summary of what I'm harping on about: And a bit more: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2014/02/17/censorship-by-copyright-myles-powers-and-abuse-of-dmca-takedowns/ I hope this thread spreads the word…
-
Both cleared of murder. Knox guilty of slander on the Italian Police, but freed on time served. Based on what I've seen, I'd agree the evidence was unreliable. It's the Kercher's I feel sorry for - can't be easy for them.
-
:new_no: It is time to admit defeat. The bankers have got away with it. They have seen off politicians, regulators and angry citizens alike to stroll triumphant from the ruins of the great crash. Some thought the shock of 2008 might change things. We were fools. Bankers are still collecting multimillion-dollar bonuses even as they shrug off multibillion-dollar fines. :new_eyebrow:
-
source Thought this would be better here than in "news" since it ain't UK policing but feel free to move it.
-
I'm sure many of you know of Mexico's on-going problem with drug cartels and corrupt state/police and military officials selling out their people to these drug gangs but this is a somewhat radical step... Local people with no training, little accountability effectively being given the green-light to take up arms against the Drug Militias? Brave folk but I cannot see it ending well.
-
I've put this in here as it has most relevance to articles placed in here (particularly following CrimeBodges claims we were committing copyright infringement) but Mods it obviously goes without saying feel free to move it to Real World if you disagree
-
I am only posting this because of the twitter comment at the end. It's from the twitter account of the DM reporter and it's a genuine comment from the Daily Mail that one of their readers made on this story. The story I am posting is from the BBC Source BBC News Can't recreate the image here so you'll need to see it on the DM Reporter twitter account. Source DMReporter
-
'Ken Barlow' has been found not guilty of all charges , brought against him for sexual offences
-
For those that didn't see episode 1 it's still available on Channel 4 Catch Up. It's on again tonight, Monday 13th January at 9pm. A good programme to settle down to.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26101442 Who shall we address the Notice of Potential Liability to?