Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. Krycek
    Started by Krycek,

    CNN broke this story just recently. So far reports of 2 injured, hopefully that's where the toll will stay... http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/13/us/colorado-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 551 views
  2. Space Marine1546081368

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520937/Soldiers-stage-mutiny.html

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22700170 Like to see how this will work if this truck ban on overtaking comes in.

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.2k views
  4. I99
    Started by I99,

    I fully understand what the Minister is getting and I agree that the likes of Dominos who charge so much for their pizzas should pay their staff a decent wage. What I don't understand is I thought people claiming the jobseekers' allowance had to accept work no matter how menial after a period of claiming the benefit?

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.7k views
    TangoBravoVimto
  5. cookyy2k

    A GREEDY youngster has sent a letter to FATHER CHRISTMAS threatening to turn his sister’s kitten into a SMOOTHIE – unless he gets a PS4 in his stocking! Spoilt brat Damian Garside – who is allowed to smoke and drink by his indulgent parents – spelled out his demand in a bloodcurdling letter to the North Pole. The vile eight-year-old from Crewe, Cheshire, scrawled: I've not been good this year and I f***ing won’t be. No chance. But I want a PS4 with all the games for Crissmas – OK? “If I don’t get a PS4 off you I will putt our Shannice’s kitten in mam’s blender and mince the f***er up. “So get me a PS4. C***. “Luv Damian x.” The wretched tearaway’s sickening demands ca…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 14.3k views
  6. Tom

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wealthy-16-year-old-killed-4-drunken-crash-spared-jail-article-1.1544508 Its not our justice system, but surely there should be a standard to which all people are held against! Very annoying.

    • 4 replies
    • 634 views
  7. OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember
    Started by OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember,

    Source:http://news.uk.msn.com/world/politician-busted-for-fake-mandela-pic768432

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 810 views
  8. Space Marine1546081368
    Started by Space Marine1546081368,

    There I was, just browsing the internet when, I came across these videos. To be honest, I would have little sympathy for these people if they got turned into a pile of mashed up meat. I don't understand the mentality behind these moronic actions, that are just putting so many lives at risk. There's plenty more of the same you can find on the channel. Notice too how other bikers block officers from moving up

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 618 views
  9. I99
    Started by I99,

    So because Ms. Farrell is a bit thick (to put it bluntly) she believes Camelot have 'fobbed her off'. Why do some of the public always seem to blame somebody else for their ignorance? If she didn't believe them I'm sure she could do a bit of online research. People need to take responsibility for their own education. Whether Camelot did the right thing by withdrawing these particular scratchcards is another question but perhaps it's indicative of the general state of education in the UK or maybe (and more probably IMO) the intelligence commensurate to the demographic of scratchcard buyers.

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Administrative Account
  10. Giraffe
    Started by Giraffe +,

    As per BBC News, Nelson Mandela has passed away.

      • Like
    • 44 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Administrative Account
  11. Forlorn Hope
    Started by Forlorn Hope,

    I'll just leave this here for you to read

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. I99
    Started by I99,

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. Forlorn Hope
    Started by Forlorn Hope,

    He was the British extreme right's most feared streetfighter. But almost right up to his death 20 years ago, Nicky Crane led a precarious dual existence - until it fell dramatically apart. The skinhead gang marched in military formation down the High Street clutching iron bars, knives, staves, pickaxe handles and clubs. There were at least 100 of them. They had spent two days planning their attack. The date was 28 March 1980. Soon they reached their target - a queue of mostly black filmgoers outside the Odeon cinema in Woolwich, south-east London. Then the skinheads charged. Most of them belonged to an extreme far-right group called the British Movement (BM). This p…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 3.7k views
    TangoBravoVimto
  14. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    So it looks like further cuts will be announced tomorrow with the Home Office likely to bear the brunt the cuts. It looks like the HO will lose another 1.1% from their budget which I would imagine would be passed down to Police forces from the central government grants. I know Hampshire have to find another £20m worth of savings in the next 2 years or so which they are struggling to find so having even more will be difficult. I also am aware of how many Specials are hoping to join the regs and so it looks like there will be recruitment freezes or very limited recruitment for a fair while yet. I would imagine that it may last until the end of the decade. http://www.bb…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Administrative Account
  15. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516303/Fast--Furious-star-Paul-Walker-dead-40-fiery-car-crash.html#comments RIP.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.