Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9556 topics in this forum
-
I am really surprised no one picked up on this yesterday. Was it really missed, or are we all running scared about the debate regarding Islam, burka-wearing and Muslims? I've said for a while that I think the overall clothing such as the burka has no place in British society. This merely strengthens my view. Unfortunately such events I believe can only lead to further distrust and even hate. You can read the whole thing here http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/04/suspect-burqa-counter-terror-restrictions Edit: I am having trouble with the link but is easily Googled.
-
Source.
-
America do some very odd things, and this one is extremely odd, and worrying for American citizens. Poor chap. http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3209305.shtml?cat=500#.UniTPpRoTsk
-
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/01/barbara-hewson-rape-victims_n_4192499.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24772777
-
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/03/radicalisation-syria-turkish-president-abdullah-gulI wonder whether in 12 months we will be arming Assad to fight the emerging terrorist threat?
-
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/driver-caught-speeding-eight-times-on-m275-says-i-was-just-trying-to-get-home-quickly-1-5638569 Quite unbelievable that someone so thick can actually pass a driving test.
-
http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/01/video-edinburgh-driver-eats-corn-flakes-at-the-wheel-4169506/
-
Last thursday the bin men decided to ignore our bin and did not collect our rubbish, there was no difference in our bin location or contents, all normal, recycle bins used as normal and the bin itself had lid closed and absolutely nothing would have prevented them from collecting our rubbish. After a phone call they said they would collect it on friday before 2pm, no one came, called again and they said they would collect it before 2pm today (saturday). This morning i left for shops at 8am and returned at 9am. To my horror i returned to find (see images below) the bin men had emptied my recycle box into the front garden and in front of my front door so i would have need…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24754460 Let us hope this another potential threat cleared.
-
I just watched this programme on iPlayer and it was pretty powerful: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03ghfyp Did anyone else see it? Whatever people's views are on the EDL, I have never really saw any footage about Tommy. By all accounts, he has some form and has done some prison time, which suggests that he isn't a particularly nice person. But the dynamics between some very brave Muslims reaching out to him and his astuteness in responding has made me wonder about what is next for Tommy? He struck me as being perhaps a bit more intelligent than I had given credit for in the past and perhaps it's easy to dismiss him on the basis of his views, rather than what he h…
-
No justice when people like him only get a soft sentence like this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-24705649
-
I'm pretty annoyed about this, I've been waiting almost a year for this because of bickering between the unions and I've lost out as a result. The whole thing is a farce with a payrise being "imposed".
-
I'm livid! Please take a moment to read this from the Money Saving Expert Forums It's just happened to me! I'm too angry to type at the moment, and this is a family place, so I'll just let that article do the talking for now. But briefly, the solution was thus: I spoke to Orange and they've refunded the money, and more. But realising how mad I was they then got a representative from this company, MobiVillage, on another line and put me through. I ranted at an African sounding lady for a good ten minutes, demanding to know how I "signed up" for this service. All I got from her, repeatedly, was "It's a pop-up". Surely clicking on a pop-up can't disclose your mobile nu…
-