Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9556 topics in this forum
-
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/28/storm-europe-germany-netherlands-denmark More deaths as a result of the storm, very sad.
-
Lou Reed, former lead singer of the Velvet Underground, has died aged 71, his agent confirms. More details soon. From the Guardian website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24697765 RIP very sad
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-24697520
-
Source
-
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/23/us-monitored-angela-merkel-german Although I find the chances of this fairly slim, it would cause a whole new world of tension between the two countries.
-
This has caused a bit of a debate locally as to whether this was a good use of resources and I'm interested to see what the view is on here.
-
I thought this was quite interesting as a lot of the comments on the DailyFail saying that they don't know why the police were called as no laws have been broken. Forgive me if I'm wrong as I haven't covered this in training yet but wouldn't this be in the realms of a S5 POA? So for example, the parents were insulted by the objects he has purposely displayed in his garden. I'm probably well off the mark but thought I'd give it a shot! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2464171/Its-making-children-Police-tell-man-tone-annual-charity-Halloween-display-honour-grandmother.html
-
-
I can't understand the reasoning behind banning images with an exposed breast in them but allowing content that contains extremely violent acts.
-
How many more helicopters that transport people to the rigs need to crash before they take it seriously? I have loads of mates who work offshore and there's still 3 guys missing 4 hours after the crash. Someone's son brother friend partner. Lets pray these guys are found and some action is taken to sort what's obviously a recurring problem.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24605130 Things are getting worse.
-
So this is the facebook post of an (ex)friend the other day. Without knowing the full story I can't really comment on if it is that soft but from the list of charges and general attitude what do we all think? Lesson learnt? It certainly doesn't seem that way to me. It seems to me that they're all having a laugh at the system.
-
Well done to the passenger.
-
-
Original blog post link: http://www.communitycare.co.uk/2013/10/18/the-impact-of-mental-health-bed-pressures-goes-beyond-the-nhs-a-police-officers-story/#.UmGhvxbcZTN Follow NathanConstable on Twitter: @NathanConstable and his blog on policing and mental health http://nathanconstable.wordpress.com