Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. Administrative Account

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2392733/Tories-Lib-Dems-shamed-handing-500k-robbed-dead-spinster-Joan-Edwards.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490 So what do you reckon? I've seen comments on social medial using the words 'trousering the money' and to 'call the police and report the government for theft'. I don't think what they did was illegal, just immoral.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 634 views
    PaJama Police +
  2. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23386934

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 956 views
  3. Milankovitch
    Started by Milankovitch +,

    Source.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 804 views
  4. Marty McFly1546081284
  5. operationfirestorm

    Thames Water blames cost of super sewer for £29 bill increase Thames Water, Britain's biggest water company, has asked Ofwat for permission to increase bills by £29 before inflation as an exceptional "one-off" So what is the point of a regulator saying they cannot raise prices till 2015? if they can go against this. So lets raise the price of water so even more people cannot afford, so even less people have to pay for everyone else. This is why they raise it as they cannot cut off water so they just greedily do anything they can to get their money for share holders. I would understand if they were running at a loss but they profited over 150 million last time …

    • 3 replies
    • 957 views
    operationfirestorm
  6. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Big news story currently. This has to stop, people cannot be losing their children or anyone else for that matter anymore! I cannot stand bullies and people that abuse other people. More often than not the person(s) bullying has their own mental concerns that need attention. I was bullied at School, rather not go into that. Although I do not think anyone would try to bully me now. I will deal with it head on make no mistake about that, even if I see someone else bullying someone else, I think it is all our responsibilities to protect everyone from bullying and abuse. I come from a digital media background and I have constantly, continuously pressed for something to be …

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 2.2k views
    ParochialYokal
  7. killicksparker
    Started by killicksparker,

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 759 views
  8. Graham1545925480
    Started by Graham1545925480,

    Click US man claims to be NY boy who vanished in 1955 More than 50 years after a 2-year-old boy disappeared from outside a bakery in New York, a man from Michigan has come forward to claim that he was the missing child. A Michigan man approached authorities and said he believed that he was Steven Damman. The unidentified Michigan man said he never fit in with the family he grew with up, an official familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press. The man believed he might be a missing person and learned of the Damman's story by researching cases around the nation, the official said. The missing boy's father, Jerry Damman, said he was hopef…

    • 3 replies
    • 5k views
  9. Candles
    Started by Candles +,

    There is a surge of spam texts doing the rounds at the moment, I've got it and warned my loved ones - but thankfully they had their wits about them and didn't call - sadly it doesn't look like everyone is on the ball. Reported here: http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08719119043 Also wondered if anyone got something similar? p.s I don't think anyone on here will fall for it, but thought some of you probably know people that would...

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. zouzi
    Started by zouzi,

    just wanted to say that I respect the work of the police.....it's really a dangerous job ....most in the US

  11. Batman2736
    Started by Batman2736,

    Followed closely by Sexual Assault, this type of crime has to be one of the most time consuming, difficult files to work on, and have a successful conclusion. If you take your eye off any of the people involved ,or events, even for a brief time, dynamics can change rapidly, with deadly results. (So many times I stayed at the detachment and napped, instead of going home, because I had a gut feeling that something was going to happen.) It is so hard to predict when and how something is going to blow up with fatal results and what the trigger event might be.....Clearly illustrated by this N.B. story. Will more training fix it???? http://www.cbc.ca/can…

  12. Administrative Account

    Graphic image police hope will encourage bikers to wear proper gear MOTORCYCLISTS in Dorset are being urged to ride safely and always wear appropriate kit after police released a graphic image of an injured biker. At least six bikers have lost their lives on Dorset roads this year out of a total of 11 fatal crashes. A police officer riding a marked motorbike was also seriously injured in a crash on July 27 whilst travelling on the A337 between Lyndhurst and Brockenhurst. Dorset police have released a picture of a motorcyclist who came off his bike travelling at a low speed to encourage fellow riders to wear protective leathers. PC Chris Smith, Dorset Police B…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 3.4k views
  13. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Didn't think the Pope was allowed to resign, I always thought it was a job for life. Apparently I was wrong.

      • Like
    • 94 replies
    • 5.2k views
  14. DutchOfficer
    Started by DutchOfficer,

    Hello collegues and others, Just a quick introduction of myself as I am new on this forum. Since 2009 I work as a police officer on the streets of the Netherlands. My age: 22. I am very interested in policing all over the world, but especially in UK policing. From what I've seen I think UK officers are well trained and do have nice equipment to work with. It would be nice to share experiences and knowledge with officers from different forces. P.S. Sorry if my English is a bit bad here and there. Cheers! W.

  15. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    According to David Cameron, it seems that future pornography and other less savoury aspects of the Net will be blocked by default by suppliers. I don't know how this is going to work in practice to be honest, but let's assume it will be. However, after listening to some expressing concern - which I do understand - it would appear that children are able to access this porn so easily it's become a great worry to parents. Some of these children are very young apparently. Which brings up an interesting point: Where are the parents in all of this? Don't parents have responsibility to their offspring, particularly younger children, rather than offload it to others? How is it …

      • Like
    • 53 replies
    • 4.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.