Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. Jake CE

    This is sort of a News story, however informal :D http://news.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/metro-passengers-form-human-wall-to-stop-pickpocket-gang

    • 2 replies
    • 627 views
    GoneForgotten
  2. Marty McFly1546081284
    Started by Marty McFly1546081284,

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
    E29NP1546080952
  3. eski
    Started by eski,

    Hope this is being posted in correct place. If Scotland achieve independence from the UK what will become of BTPs role in policing Scotland

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 2.2k views
  4. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Yeah?Whilst I am in two minds about same-sex 'marriage' (though absolutely and fully support civil partnerships), stop and think Cardinal O'Brien, of the thousands of lives, some young, that your own hypocritical church let alone priests have ruined whilst your own hierarchy remained silent before you criticise if not demonise a loving, and hopefully stable, relationship entered in to by consenting adults.

      • Like
    • 96 replies
    • 6.5k views
  5. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    Really interesting interview with him and his work on drugs harms: Some snippets of the video: when you quit a drug habit, be that alcohol dependency or heroin addiction, and have a period going "cold turkey" your brain will reset it's tolerance of the drug in a matter of weeks, so a alcohol binge that wouldn't have killed you a month or so before can now be a lethal dose. A litre of vodka will likely kill someone who rarely drinks alcohol.

    • 1 reply
    • 463 views
  6. Krycek
    Started by Krycek,

    Stuff like this really makes my blood boil, what seems like a completely unprovoked tirade of abuse. People like her make me ashamed to call myself British. Warning, language, lots of it (and in front of her own child as well, crikey): http://www.youtube.c...d&v=i47HoiM0Au8 Unbelieveable.

      • Like
    • 98 replies
    • 7.8k views
  7. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22785074 What a sad-sad world we live in when scum do things like this.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 693 views
    Administrative Account
  8. tdcist
    Started by tdcist,

    Posting from my phone, sorry about the lack of "Quote" box!! Anyone else think this may cause issues?? I can't see most people stopping for a couple of pints, but will it tempt those who think they can get away with it (usually at the weekends!)

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. Red-Fox
    Started by Red-Fox,

    For your consideration.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22754866?print=true Edit: through my own stupidity I've forgotten a title. Can the mods change it to "UK human rights convention exit 'would be disastrous" please?

    • 5 replies
    • 734 views
    Administrative Account
  10. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    Well it's got a very frosty reception over on Arrse see link below : http://www.arrse.co.uk/arrse-hole/199502-woolwich-march-support-fusilier-rigby.html And the following was posted on Facebook recently : RHQ/RRF/1363 30 May 2013 A number of retired soldiers are evidently being approached and have agreed to take part in demonstrations connected to the death of Fusilier Lee Rigby. I want to make absolutely clear the Regiment’s view on this. The hackle and the Regiment is not to be associated with any organisations which seek to exploit the death of one of our Regimental family for a range of self-serving and unhelpful reasons. It is wrong and disgraceful that the death…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
    E29NP1546080952
  11. Windhill
    Started by Windhill +,

    Could this see the end of the Badger Act?!

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  12. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-22688364 Doing this will upset a lot of drivers.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Administrative Account
  13. Judge Dread
    Started by Judge Dread,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-22703777 Gotta admit, got me in the feels.

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
    Smiley Culture +
  14. Pathca
    Started by Pathca +,

    I am not a parent, and wouldn't dream of telling other people how to raise their kids but sometimes ... At work the other day one of the patients had a young boy visiting.I would have said he was no more than ten, one of those precocious kids with a lot to say but well behaved. During the course of the visit I heard him say 'On 999 What's Your Emergency there was a....' What are his parents doing letting a child of that age watch a programme like that? Don't get me wrong I loved the show ,but I'm 50 and got years of policing and nursing behind me, and there were times when I found it traumatic viewing,a friends customers daughter did a lot of the disclaimers / consents …

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 720 views
    MindTheGap +
  15. GordonH
    Started by GordonH,

    Just thought I'd post this in here just as a comment really. Today I was conducting a traffic survey near a school because we've had reports of speeding and general parking like idiots during the school drop-off/pick-up times. So I set up about 80m from the school entrance in my car, stick a camera on the dashboard pointing at the road, start recording and wait for the chaos to start. All this is in full view, I make no attempt to be covert about it. About 30mins in I see a police car heading up the road from behind and I figure 'here we go', they drive pass and park up in front of me. I get out and see what they want, of course some parent has called the cops about …

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.8k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.