Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9556 topics in this forum
-
https://twitter.com/skynewsbreak/status/321228263282339841 SkyNewsBreak Baroness Thatcher died this morning following a stroke according to her spokesman Lord Bell 08/04/2013 12:49 ________________________________________________________________________________________________ Whatever your personal political views are, she unarguably had a huge impact on the nation. Please let us not let this descend into a slanging match - she was a human being, with a family. RIP. Now also being reported on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155 8 April 2013 Last updated at 12:51 Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatche…
-
-
Another near miss today: White Hart roundabout in Northolt(UB5) today(3 Aug 12). I pull up at a red light and wait for the green, as the light changes to green I begin to pull forward and a Ford Puma(SG51TGN) just sails through the red light straight into where I would have been had I not noticed that she wasn't stopping, all the while she just continued chatting to her mate. If anyone wants originals for evidence I can provide them. But mostly, if you ride a motorbike/pushbike get a camera. It might not save your life but it might let your families work out what happened to you afterwards.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-22202694
-
A very odd case.
-
-
-
And as reward for everything the woman want through. She is reunited with her son. May she rest in piece along side her son Kevin. A remarkably strong mother. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22196415
-
Original article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2310797/Samantha-Brick-Joan-Collins-right-Any-woman-wants-stay-beautiful-needs-diet-day.html I am somewhat speechless after reading this. The fact that this person claims that un-healthy dieting and extreme under eating is a good way to live in todays modern society is unreal. Eating healthily and exercising makes perfect sense, not that we don't all fall on the wrong side of a Dominos Two for Tuesdays deal on the odd occasion, but to openly advocate that living a life this way should be the norm is, in my opinion, atrocious. There is a large proportion of me read the article hoping to see an obvious refe…
-
Just read this news article, and couldn't help but struck by the tragedy of the incident for all involved. No sympathy for the driving uninsured, but I can't help but feel a little for the lad. Tragic that a momentry lack of concentration (which I'm sure we've all done at some point and got away with it) has cost a mother her life, and left him to live with what he's done for the rest of his.
-
Source: http://bbc.in/1150CTL Well done Sir Chris. what a career, I just hope that he stays in the sport, such a role model would be an ideal coach or suchlike to inspire young riders and keep British Cycling alive while we are still the worlds best.
-
New Zealands Parliament reaction to passing the bill for legalisation of same sex marriage. Stunning!
-
I find that very concerning, when you click on the link and watch the interview with the BBC guy Ceri Thomas he said that while "the majority" knew and were told beforehand they said it was one journalist and they "could have been under the impression" it was a print journalist, not a 3-person undercover film crew.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22190031
-
Hi guys, I've been registered on a number of job searching websites for a while now as I'm looking to change my job. They've sent me a number of e-mails but one has gotten my attention - free online courses. The basic premise is that you select a course from http://vision2learn.net/channels/index.aspx, register, fill out an application pack, send it back and you're enrolled to a college course, for free. They are level 1 and level 2 courses (being the equivalent of the respective NVQ levels and nationally recognised) - and there are some which might be useful to forum users. I personally have just enrolled onto the Equality and Diversity course, because when I was doi…