Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9556 topics in this forum
-
Just a documentary on the Stafford scandal http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qnlc9/The_Hospital_That_Didnt_Care/ Unsure if it's been posted elsewhere but worth a watch, systemic failures in finance and care that ultimately left people dead - why was the NHS allowed to get into this state? (Not an NHS bashing thread either, I love the NHS)
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21401200
-
Muhammad Ali and his wife Lonnie during the London Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony http://sport.uk.msn.com/ali-could-die-within-days-says-brother I will definitely miss this man... He was a true hero and inspiration!
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/9853379/BT-launches-phone-to-block-nuisance-calls.html
-
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21351051 Full Video can be seen: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/n-korea-video-shows-us-city-under-attack/story-fnd134gw-1226571107223 Crazy Video. I;m left scratching my head at this... Some lad dreams that NK destroys 'the nest of evil' of the US, while Michael Jackson plays in the background and scene from Call Of Duty are mixed in... Don't know what to make if it all!!!
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9851982/Star-Wars-spin-off-films-confirmed-by-Disney-CEO.html
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21247242 Wrong in my opinion he got damages in this case.
-
I just had to share this (might be more suited to the locker room though): Link - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/28/florida_incident/ ... the UK think we have problems.
-
An interesting article I found on the BBC Website, let me know your thoughts: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21302065 Can someone tell me how to get the entire article quoted here as well please? (I would copy and paste but there are a few graphs to accompany the read)
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21290338
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21304298 See there are more changes to come for the M1.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-21254907 Is this really the way forward to prevent drug use and trafficking? Seems like this approach requires minimal effort and absolutely no stance against it.
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-21242920
-