Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9556 topics in this forum
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20842080#
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...-herts-20817107 This is the one bit odd to me :new_hmmm: I was then handcuffed and escorted out. I was told later that I was de-arrested An officer escorted Mrs Kerswell out of the building and offered to take her home or back to her car but she was not arrested.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20309111 Stuffed much. Not that we'll ever know but I wonder how he was caught. I wonder what his motivation was, cash, politics, both or other. I mean talk about just about the most sensitive anything that someone could get hold of.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20766258 How i hate scum you do this take presents from sick kids and hope they get who did it
-
Interested to know whether forum users support Leveson's recommendations to crack down on press with changes in legislation, Ofcom overseeing a new Press watchdog or feel the recommendations are a danger to free press?
-
Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2FPMyKKW9 still people fall this old con trick.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-20754978 Me i will still stick to ringing 999 from my mobile.
-
Diversity is an important aspect of modern Policing. This involves recognising all areas of religion and athiest views. After growing up to persue a BSc degree it should become apparent which stance I'm likely to take, however I'm very interested to find out if anybody has a scientific stance yet still has faith in a god? If so, if you wouldn't mind disclosing your particular beliefs please do so. I ask anyone replying to afford respect to other people's beliefs, even if they don't match your own.
-
-
After reading a very interesting article in the Guardian from October (I know, I know) it got me wondering: Should the Railways be Renationalised? Now my personal opinion is that it should, speaking from someone who works within the railway industry I can tell you now the companies are very disjointed from one another and without going into detail aren’t exactly batting for their customers 100% of the time (in my experience.) However the main reason behind wanting re-nationalisation of the railways is the very simple fact that is is costing the British Tax payer a lot more money now being privatised then it ever did in the days of BR. The railways just seem to be mone…
-
The Church of England and Church in Wales will be banned in law from offering same-sex marriages, the government has announced. Other religious organisations will be able to "opt in" to offering ceremonies, Culture Secretary Maria Miller told MPs. David Cameron has said he wants churches in England and Wales to be part of the plans. But Mrs Miller said they had strong opposition and would not be included. Labour, which is backing the government's plans, applying to England and Wales, urged ministers not to be "too reserved" in promoting the changes. The Church of England and Roman Catholics, among other denominations, have voiced opposition to same-sex marriage. But…
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u5MdoXx13U http://www.wmur.com/...es/-/index.html
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20668522 i wonder how many officers know of this by-law , giving pregnant women the right to request a police officer's helmet so that she can relieve herself in it ?
-
Source: BBC News The BNP and UKIP must be salivating with these statistics.. Their membership is going to double!
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-20668283 police search of the house found valium tablets in the baby's cot ,What sort of sick parents can do this with a poor baby RIP little one.