Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9556 topics in this forum
-
BBC Inside Out, London XFor typically receives £45 for each fine it issues Litter fines are being used as a cash cow by councils employing "private police forces", a BBC investigation suggests. The number of litter fines issued by English councils has rocketed from 727 in 1997 to 63,883 last year. Now Inside Out has discovered three councils in London effectively incentivise XFor, a private company, to issue as many fines as possible. The councils insist their only goal is to keep streets clean. But figures obtained by BBC Inside Out show all three experienced overnight surges in ticketing after employing XFor. Bromley Council saw the number of monthly £80 fines le…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-21229698 If you ever wanted a reason not to go forward of the stop line!!
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21245308#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21172033 I realise that the 'line' so to speak has been blurred for a while, with women going on patrols so that women can be searched. I wonder how the US Military is going to react this this!
-
Incredibly sad and RIP to the man involved: A man has died after a shop sign fell on him in north London. The victim was hit on the head by the sign which toppled from a William Hill betting shop in Camden Road, Camden, at about 17:00 GMT. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21234216
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2269030/Questions-Jessica-Ennis-heart-new-patriotic-test-Britishness-migrants.html Wow. Just wow.. is it a newspaper or a conversation on TOWIE?
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-21229913 Makes me wonder how bus drivers don't read on how high there bus is and the bridge is.
-
-
Hi there. My name is Jonathan. Some of you may know me from knocking around ps.com a fair bit and in the chat room but basically here is the dish on things: I'm still sort of new with things like Instagram etc... but I decided to sell my photos and edits on this site called Instacanvas, to make money for charity. This month I want to raise money for Bliss - The special care and premature baby charity. If you could take the time to read over the story below. It is a true story and gives a little insight into the kind of things Bliss can help out with. Basically I was a premature baby and in a very bad way too so I wish to give you an insight into my story and leave the l…
-
And these Neanderthals wonder why the likes of the BNP & EDL are on the rise. Bunch of muppets! Police investigating online footage showing self-styled vigilante Muslims patrolling the streets of Whitechapel have arrested and bailed two people. Earlier footage show a group of men approaching people close to the east London Mosque demanding women to cover themselves up and telling men to pour away alcohol. Mosque leaders condemned those behind the videos saying their actions were not in accordance with the Islamic faith. In a subsequent video a man is told: "Get out of here you fag... Don't stay around here any more." Video in the below link... http://www.bbc.c…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21156908 Unless I'm missing some crucial point, surely restricting the routes that a blast can take will seriously decrease the survivability of anyone inside one of these carriages. Thus, numbers of casualties would actually increase overall if these carriages are put into service. Good idea or bad?
-
-
FOUND - Kudos to WMP. Thought I'd post if any of you chance upon them. http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2013/01/23/two-children-missing-from-darlaston-home/
-
I'm posting this after reading this thread http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?/topic/135116-bbc-police-corruption-criminals-give-officers-steroids/ It has compelled me to ask the following questions, which I've been meaning to for a while really. This may sound a rather strange question. But how do people first get into contact with drugs? Is it peer pressure, self medication, experimentation or a combination? Also, how do people first acquire the drugs in the first place, it seems unlikely that drug dealers advertise, and it would put themselves at risk if they randomly approached people offering them drugs. Additionally, are there any specific 'at-r…
-
I am trying to learn German, primarily because I am now going to Frankfurt on business a lot but also I have some German Friends and it would be good to speak with them in German. Has anyone got any tips for this ?