Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    What is the world coming to :new_no: How can you be out at 6am and think I'm gonna rape someone?

    • 1 reply
    • 470 views
    Administrative Account
  2. Milankovitch
    Started by Milankovitch +,

    Source.

    • 0 replies
    • 676 views
    Milankovitch +
  3. Neljorpa

    As Italian police officer (and so European) I am interested to see how is the work of other European police enforcements and I became passionate to watch the series "police interceptor" when I see it on Sky Channel - Italy The vision of the scenes has given me some doubts about the authenticity of the events but also gave to me a sense of solidarity, enthusiasm and almost envy. First I found that many rules of the road in Great Britain and Italy are almost identical with regard to the obligations, but differ in the nature and extent of the sanctions. I have understood that in Britain you have a lot of criminal offenses, which can lead to the arrest immediately. In Italy…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 8.2k views
    OldAfricaHand
  4. Guest GodAtum

    I feel sorry for the staff, it's 7am in the morning, no-one expects that! If it's 11pm that is different.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 885 views
  5. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Media playback is unsupported on your device Daily Politics coverage of PMQs 18 June 2014 Last updated at 11:18 BST Coverage of Prime Minister's Questions on the BBC's Daily Politics. View the full article

    • 0 replies
    • 350 views
  6. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Michael Schumacher 'critical' and in a coma after skiing accident Seven-time Champion suffered 'severe head trauma' in French Alps By Sky Sports Online. Last Updated: 29/12/13 11:25pm Michael Schumacher: Seriously injured while skiing in French Alps Former F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher is in a 'critical' condition and has been placed in a coma following a skiing accident on Sunday morning. Although initial reports stated that Schumacher's injuries were not life threatening, the Grenoble hospital treating Schumacher reported at 10pm on Sunday night that the former Ferrari and Mercedes driver's condition had worsened and is now regarded as 'critical'. A state…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Valex81
    Started by Valex81,

    Hello everybody. Anybody from Manchester or London area? I am an italian police officer and I am now in Manchester attending an english course. I am also going to London in 2 weeks. I would like to meet UK police officers to discuss and compare on some topics. Is there anyone free ? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  8. Damsel
    Started by Damsel +,

    Source: Sky News

    • 2 replies
    • 520 views
  9. Intro
    Started by Intro,

    Anyone watched? http://www.channel4.com/programmes/going-to-the-dogs I'm absolutely shocked... Not as much at the dog fighting itself (it's much worse than shown in the programme) but at the fact the programme tried to justify dog fighting by saying that's part of certain cultures + we hurt other animals anyway and so it's OK to do it!!! I also found it absolutely unbelieveable how they manipulated the actions of police by showing it was bad that the dogs were destroyed after being seized from the owners! Don't get me wrong, I'm a big dog lover, but people need to understand that it's a necessity - these dogs are psychologically damaged beyond repair, it's impossible …

    • 7 replies
    • 621 views
  10. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Comedian and actor Rik Mayall dies British comedian and actor Rik Mayall has died, his manager says More to follow. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27770266 Fred dropped dead. Shame, I really liked him, one of the few genuinely funny comedians of the early alternative scene I grew up with.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    A tractor driver has been caught trundling along at a top speed of 24mph (38km/h) down the M1. Roads policing officers in Northamptonshire were called to the southbound stretch of the motorway near Daventry by a concerned lorry driver. It is understood the driver ended up on the M1 after following directions from his satellite navigation system. He was escorted by police down the hard shoulder and off the motorway at the next junction. Police said the driver had been reported for a number of motoring offences. By law, farm tractors, cyclists and other slow-moving vehicles are not allowed on motorways. Writing on Twitter about Wednesday afternoon's incident, Sgt Tony…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 713 views
  12. Klaus
    Started by Klaus,

    Has anybody else been catching this Channel 5 series? I just saw the Illegal Immigrant episode (http://www.channel5.com/shows/illegal-immigrants-and-proud/episodes/illegal-immigrant-proud). Certainly interesting. Next episode is 'Football Hooligans' which could also be a good watch.

    • 1 reply
    • 847 views
  13. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-27603053 My own opinion I think it is wrong to turn off the CCTV cameras if helps police to cut down on street crime.

    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. Milankovitch

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27444171

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Special Steve1546080998 +
  15. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-27189715 Hope they find this sick scumbag and lock the person up.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 688 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.