Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. Chewie
    Started by Chewie +,
  2. Klaus
    Started by Klaus,

    It happened again. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29764996

    • 1 reply
    • 395 views
    Administrative Account
  3. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    So... Some of you will know that I have a private pilots licence. Flying is something that's always appealed to me and I thoroughly enjoy my time in the air. Many moons ago, at the end of last year, I applied for an apprenticeship of sorts, where I would work for the company in question for absolute peanuts and they would fund my helicopter flying training. I was unsuccessful. Since then, I moved house and in doing so had literally no money what-so-ever. Now that the house move is done and some plans for October were cancelled, I thought 'that's it, I'm going flying.' I rang the nearest flying school at 1755 on Friday (they close at 1800). They didn't answer. But then I…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  4. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Terribly sad news. Thoughts are with the soldier's family and loved ones.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 717 views
    Administrative Account
  5. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Here's something you don't see every day... there's a video on the link as well: Chewie to the rescue!

    • 0 replies
    • 401 views
    Administrative Account
  6. Otee
    Started by Otee,

    I've met lots of officers during my career in the specials. Many constables have various takes on speeding, some more seriously others less. During a night shift, we spotted a Mercedes ML350 travelling about 70mph on a 40mph restricted road. Eventually stopped at a red light where we signalled to pull over. I was advised to give him a verbal warning by the regular. There was a family of 4, two children in the back less than 5 years of age. Personally, I would rather report the driver for summons. He was doing some serious inexcusable speed. I figure i'm more stricter and less tolerant with speeding. So-... what's your take on speeding?

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 3.5k views
    Indiana Jones +
  7. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29623851 Cant see this working in London at all. :new_no:

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. jackisback

    http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/10/20/stephen_harper_troubled_by_report_of_possible_terror_attack.html

    • 2 replies
    • 711 views
  9. Milankovitch

    Seems like quite a good idea in more rural areas, perhaps not as relevant in urban areas but hopefully something can be worked out.

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29674059 I agree it is wrong to be seen to be rewarding individuals for what has clearly been a failure by the council. :new_thmbdn2:

    • 1 reply
    • 450 views
  11. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    I bought this car last Saturday, did a full bank transfer Sunday to the dealer and expect to collect it this coming Saturday. I didn't sign any documents to legally make it mine. I'm quite annoyed that I've seen the car I've bought out on the road being driven by someone else since I've paid for it. I thought I'd catch the dealer out by letting him know that I know it's been going out and about. He told me it went to a garage for "sales checks". I called the garage and they hadn't had any of this type of car in at all (I confirmed this about 3 times) and suddenly, as soon as the dealers name was mentioned, the car miraculously appeared and they had it right there waiting…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 606 views
  12. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    Brenda Leyland was found dead after being accused of posting abuse messages on twiiter at the McCanns. I wonder if she was guity or not. Anyone know about interntational law. Say I lvied in a country that was more leaggly "lax" and posted malicious messages would the UK police be able to prosecute me?

    • 6 replies
    • 768 views
    Indiana Jones +
  13. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://news.uk.msn.com/in-pictures/spoof-passport-checkpoint-on-scottish-border LOL when I saw this :lol: :lol:

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. gsdk9
    Started by gsdk9 +,

    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2014/09/burned_armpit_hair_blamed_for.html#incart_related_stories Five teens were taken to the hospital after a Sunday rollover crash in Idaho. Authorities said the cause of the crash was due in part to distracted driving — more specifically, the driver's armpit hair had been set on fire by a passenger. Ada County sheriff's deputies said a 16-year-old passenger was cited for interfering with the driver's safety. The 18-year-old driver was cited for inattentive driving. Wow, just wow.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 795 views
  15. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Trio to pay £1 Liam Cook (left), Christopher Kerr (centre) and Francis Wilding admitted conspiracy and now have to pay £1 each Continue reading the main storyRelated Stories Trio jailed for school laptop thefts Charges over school computer thefts Two arrests in school laptop inquiry Three men who stole over 250 laptops and caused damage worth £200,000 at schools across Essex and Suffolk have been ordered to pay back just £1 each. The burglaries happened at 37 primary and secondary schools between August 2012 and May last year. The three men were jailed in July at Ipswich Crown Court. They were ordered to repay the sum at a Proceeds of Crime Act hearing at the same …

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 831 views
    kester1546080880

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.