England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
We live on a Private Road in a private estate access ed only by a Bridle Path. last Friday night, (days ago) at 01:00 Saturday morning) some youths were disturbed trying to remove / steel, some Wooden Mushroom garden ornaments. they didn't get them. BUT ONLY becaue I had chained them to stakes driven into the ground. The police have not (so far) mentioned the possibilty of finger prints off the ornaments which have a gloss paint finish. Nor are they interested in the "beer can" I found where they the youths got into their car. I have given the police the car reg number........
-
- 30 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Perhaps there is a traffic officer here (or somebody) who can help me with a question I am currently grappling with at work... I understand that if you do not have the 'D1' category (i.e. those who passed in England & Wales after 1/1/97) on your driving licence then you can't drive a minibus over 3.8tonnes. You cannot drive it whether voluntary or paid. Is this correct? Our Local Authority are telling us that you can do so voluntarily without the D1 category, but I doubt this is correct. Can somebody give me a definitive answers and preferably point me toward the relevant act of parliament or statutory instrument or whatever. Thanks
-
<h3 class="r">a friend of mine who asked to borrow my van to move some stuff and he is a foreing in this country, and i lend it to him all i know its his name and his address is abroad in africa which he told me he was leaving that was 2 days after he borrowed the van, and the van is insured to be driven by any driver who is at the age of 25 or over and he is in his 30s, a week later i have recived the NIP and when i asked his where about i managed to get his contacts and his phone number back home and i called him to let him know what has happened, he has informed me he dont remember going through that road, and i cant say whether he is telling the truth or not but…
-
Back in December I part ex'd my car at The Car People (aweful company, never use them) and sent off my V5C to the DVLA to let them know that I no longer owned it. It was around the time of the aweful snow, just before Christmas, so this may be a factor as to why it got lost in the post. Anyway, I wasn't aware that the DVLA didn't recieve it, until I recently got a parking ticket from a private firm (cowboys) demanding I pay them £80 for my crime. As far as I was aware, I was no-longer the RK of the car, nor did I have any legal interest in the car. So I phoned the DVLA who said that I can write to them to let them know I no longer own it, but will have to inform them…
-
Other night on duty i was taking out 2 newbies and we were called to a park where there were reports of 4 males and 1 female commiting anti social and disorderly behaviour. We arrive and find the group matching descriptions and i ask for their names and addresses when they all tell me they dont have to give them. I then told them if they didnt they would be arrested and most gave except one who called me a 'Faggot' so i was thinking that this is a homophobic term but is he arrestable under sec 5 but with some thing added? I mean you can have a sec 5 racially or religiously aggravated but does a homophobic term apply also? I have read my blackstones but couldnt find an…
-
WHY? Why when I call the police for an update to a reported crime, do I have to wait until that particular officer returns to duty, weather its day shift or nights or even when he/she has several days off. Why isn't all relevant data added to the computer data base system so that ANY officer on duty can access and read so as to update the member of public enquiring..
-
I have just finished watching Panorama, in particular, Panorama S58E10 - Are the Net Police Coming for You? - (15th March 2010). After doing so I thought that I would like to start a debate on the matter. I was wondering if during this debate anyone here would be honest enough to admit to downloading music, TV, films or games etc etc and in which way that they do it, how often etc etc and how much material you purchase as well as download. I know that a lot of people download music, I think it's the most downloaded type of material on the net. There are ways to download and listen to music legally, such as by using Grooveshark, which is an online music library that loa…
-
You have to have both of these, don't you? But is it an offence if you lose the photocard and don't replace it?
-
Have occasionally seen colleagues with a small (possibly yellow?) book with the points to prove guidance on a number of the more common offences. Does anyone know who might publish such a thing and where it can be bought from? The copies I've seen are in such a state no one can work out where it came from originally. Thanks
-
HI GUYS I AM REALLY DISSAPOINTED I RECENTLY ATTENDED ASSESMENT FOR POSITION OF SUPPORT OFFICER FOR SURREY BUT I DONT HAVE ANY IDEAS, WHY I HAVE BEEN UNSUCESSFUL ANY IDEAS people ?????????? I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THERE IS NO FEEDBACK ? AND THE ANNOYING THING IS, NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 6 MONTHS IN WHICH THE ROLE OF PSO MAY NOT BE ADVERTISED FOR A WHILE
-
- 3 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just two quick questions... Is immigration a criminal offence? and... wait for it... Keep waiting! When a person is arrested but released with charge or bail conditions how long does this incident stay on a persons record for?
-
If a police officer has a warrant to search a property as he reasonably believes there could be some evidence on a camera relating to an offence the person committed - such as violent disorder. If the police officer finds a DVD which is still in the box and a Playstation, can the officer seize this property under the grounds that he may think they have been stolen? Basically, can the officer seize property for a different offence other then the property the officer was originally searching the premises for?
-
I was on patrol recently when I saw a van that had a large amount of clothing hanging inside the van which totally covered the passenger window. Although the driver could still see the mirror though the quarter window we stopped him but both myself and the traffic officer I was with couldn`t come up with a suitable offence. The nearest I got was maybe dangerous use but still don`t really think that fits and there was nothing in our offence codes book regarding view of the road apart from `insufficient view ahead`. In the end we let him go as he had reached his destination anyway. Purely for interest, does anyone have any ideas as to the offence?
-
I've seen kits on market stalls that, when connected to the reversing lamp(s), make a beeping sound. Aside from the fact they need to be silenced between certain hours, are there any illegalities regarding them?
-
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have received the above warning. The person concerned mixed facts with lies and was believed by the police. I understand this will appear on an Enhanced CRB check, can anyone please tell me of their experience of this and how likely it is - the Data Protection person at the local police station said they just decide on an individual basis, so I will never really know - I am training as a counsellor and will be working with vulnerable adults at some point and many places use Enhanced checks anyway and am dead scared it will completely ruin my life. Also, how long do they stay on my record for?
-
- 27 replies
- 23.6k views
- 1 follower
-