Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. silkps

    Hi there, I wondered if anyone can explain what this offence means / why it would have been given? The wording is "..failed to comply with the indication given by a traffic sign, namely a red light traffic signal, lawfully placed on or near a road.." The incident in question involved me turning right at green lights with the right turn filter off (a blank circle) - and the witness statement confirms the lights were green and the filter off - in other words it was a regular right turn where I give way to oncoming traffic and proceed when safe to do so. Despite the poor wording, can this offence mean more than just failing to comply with a red light? I can't find any in…

    • 18 replies
    • 6.8k views
  2. toddy1546081070
    Started by toddy1546081070,

    if you go to a police station to see a police officer about reporting a problem what is the correct proceedure? I ask becouse went i wnt into a station i didnt get passed the desk officer who just wrote down on a piece of paper my name, address and date of birth and thats as far as it got, i would have thought info about dealers, anti social yobs, threats to me would have been welcome but no they didnt want to know at all,i was told no one available and i would have to wait a week till my local man was back in work,,,, should it have been booked in a log or what is the corrected proceedure

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    Okay, this article may be quite shocking and it made me really think - should it be a crime to not report a serious crime. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle7063118.ece I think what these parents have done are appalling and they deserve punishment for not reporting this crime. As for the child when it grows up, I'd hate to think of the relationship he and his parents would have.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. synapse321
    Started by synapse321,

    Now that in most regions parking illegally has ben decriminalised and is the duty of the local council to enforce I was wondering whether Police have the powers still to issue parking tickets eg parking dangerously in bus lane or would they have to turn a blind eye to these type of situations and inform the council instead? ie Do the council have sole responsibility to enforce such behavour?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. Scotsman
    Started by Scotsman,

    I'm not sure if this goes here or not but it can be moved anyways. How do you remember all the codes for different crimes? I see police officers just randomly come out with (EXAMPLE: Section 5 of the public order). I know this is a dumb question but I've got a bad memory and wanted to see what you do to remember the codes.

    • 3 replies
    • 938 views
  6. synapse321
    Started by synapse321,

    Hi If you have a genuine belief that you suspect terrorism and/or serious crime who are the best people to contact? Is it MI5 or the terrorism hotline on the free phone number? The reason I ask is that when you have contact with the police on say the terrorism hotline you start to bottle up whereas contacting MI5 causes paranoia? If you e-mail you feel your query has reached the bottom of the pile. In an emergency you can't remember the numbers. I would be grateful for replies. Regards

    • 7 replies
    • 933 views
  7. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    A makes a telephone call (or sends a text message) on B's mobile phone. B hasn't given him permission and A knows that B wouldn't have given him permission. The content of phone call/text isn't abusive or otherwise contensious. Any offences?

    • 45 replies
    • 4.4k views
  8. randombobby
    Started by randombobby,

    As I understand in order to give a FPN you have to be "in uniform". And the definition of being in uniform I think is "being easily recognisible" So say you're in a Q car, wearing plain clothes, overt body armous and utility belt. Stop a vehicle for a traffic offence, would you say you are "easily recognisible" and administer a breath test/fpn as required.

    • 29 replies
    • 4.1k views
  9. THX1138
    Started by THX1138 * ,

    This is my first post here & I'm just after some clarification on the law pertaining to purchasing double edged knives. OK, so I want to buy a knife from an online retailer, but it is described as a "Double Serrated Military Dagger". I thought that "Daggers" were totally illegal (being double edged) & also the fact that it is stated to be for "military use". The company, however, is based & registered in the UK. I'm really looking for some advice re legality of buying or owning such a knife. BTW The reason for wanting such a knife is as a gift to my brother, who is a SCUBA diver. The blade is 6.6" & the total length is 11.6" Attached is a picture of the…

    Black Rabbit
  10. OfficerMcBain
    Started by OfficerMcBain,

    Here`s a little situation : Fred has been dumped by his girlfriend. In fact, he`s been dumped by a few. To get his own back, he makes a compilation CD on his computer of all the photo`s he`s ever taken of any of his girlfriends. Some are innocent, but some are indecent. He then begins to sell the CD over the internet. None of the girls have given permission, or in fact even know he`s doing this. What offences are commited by Fred ?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Lynx1546620161
    Started by Lynx1546620161,

    I don't know if the Police already do this, but I do know they spend a lot of money of vehicles. I was thinking, as a way to save a little bit of money for some forces and especially for traffic cops and advanced pursuit cars why don't they use seized vehicles as Police vehicles. This could apply for the basic "panda" type cars for general use, to large estate or 4x4 cars for traffic cops and even large vans for prisoner transport. Now, am no tight fisted man, but I do think if cars seized from drug dealers and such would be better put to use by the force than being crushed or sold at a cheap cost.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. TL Cop
    Started by TL Cop,

    Recently an e mail came out saying that the Photo card driving licence ID would begin to expire this year as it is 10 years since it was first introduced. If someone produced an expired DL card then it would not affect their ability to drive, ie they could still drive. It did say on the e mail that it was a criminal offence to not renew it but despite tyring to find out what the actual offence is I cant find one. The only one I can think of is failing to produce a driving licence. As it has expired and would not be valid, although they can still drive. Any ideas?

    • 39 replies
    • 5.8k views
  13. Mattwoo99
    Started by Mattwoo99,

    Excuse my first post. I would like to remove some temporary lights to the side of the road and turn the generator off. The lights are just protecting the lights. The road is fine. No danger that I can see. Just no line markings as yet. I would like to invite the police, council and local TV to watch. These lights have been a nightmare and hold me, and hundreds of others, up for at least 30 mins a day. Is this possible? Would it be an offence of some kind? Matt

    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. countkev
    Started by countkev,

    IM a little unsure of this one folks , do wee need to caution before issuing these ,or do we only need to caution for endorsable driving F P N s ?

    • 27 replies
    • 4.6k views
  15. fruitandveg
    Started by fruitandveg +,

    Hello all, Question that came to me earlier - say you got reported for summons for something like...speeding, or indeed arrested and charged for an offence and this occured a long way from where you live, do you have to go to court in that area or can your case be heard at a court near you or a mutually convenient court? I mean for magistrates court - I presume crown court will be considerably less flexible. Before anyone asks - I'm not in trouble! Many thanks, F&V

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.