Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. Black Rabbit
    Started by Black Rabbit,

    Your views appreciated please. I read recently, in a local paper, about an incident where a bull terrier type dog was being walked along a residential street without being on a lead. This dog saw a cat, chased it, caught and savagely killed the cat. The dog then carried the dead cat up the street some 40-50m before the owner could make it drop the body. My question is - has an offence been committed? If so what would the offence be? Would the Police do anything? I look forward to your views. Black Rabbit

    • 13 replies
    • 1.9k views
  2. sheepdog
    Started by sheepdog * ,

    Hi, I wonder if you can offer me some advice. Somebody I know has recently been caught drunk in charge of a vehicle and is due in court tomorrow morning. She only has a New Zealand driving licence, so the questions I have are as follows: Will a ban in the UK be backed up by the New Zealand authorities? If it hasn't been mentioned already by the arresting officer, will the fact they've been driving on a non-uk licence for over a year be overlooked? If the person is fined, and spreads the payments, will the length of time remaining on their visa be taken in to account on the payment plan? The person holds a UK personal licence (liquor licence) - does this automatically …

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. ChrisR1546620226
    Started by ChrisR1546620226,

    Hi all, Quick question - if a person has court bail conditions (e.g. not to contact a prosecution witness, to reside at such and such a place etc etc), and is subsequently remanded for breaching one of those conditions, would any of those conditions (such as not to contact a prosecution witness) apply while he was on remand? I would be interested to know. Cheers, Chris

    ChrisR1546620226
  4. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    BBc News Are schools private property and if so could they not use the same laws clubs and pubs use to search people as a condition of entry?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 983 views
  5. Trixie1546620663
    Started by Trixie1546620663 * ,

    I really hope someone here can clarify how the following scenario shoud be dealt with because, quite frankly, I'm losing the will to live . I was subjected to some rather intimidating behaviour which left me very afraid for my safety and in the process of this one person made physical contact, pushing my arm hard to one side as if to protect another person from me.I should say I'm a small, middle-aged female. I was on my own and about half a mile from my car in a rural area on public land which is covered by Strathclyde. The behaviour towards me involved one active participant and two others, one a male. As I made my way to my car, I realised that I was being followed …

    Trixie1546620663 *
  6. theelusivetruth
    Started by theelusivetruth,

    I have a question regarding the use of internet sites such as myspace, facebook etc. I recently came aware of a person who posted comments about his ex-wife and her family. The comments represented his subjective opinion regarding events that had happened in his marriage that he considered unacceptable and some minor insults that represented his subjective opinion regarding the people who he believed ruined his marriage. Within the information given on the websites, there was nothing threatening or slanderous. Now, his ex-wife's family made a complaint that they believe his comments constitute harassment. My question is, what is considered legally as harassment and w…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. brown3949
    Started by brown3949 * ,

    hi me and my partner have recently got a car on finance.The car is financed by me but the log book is in my partners name we have lived together 5 years so are classed as common law. they spoke to my partner on the phone and asked why the car was not in his name and he replied with " i cant get credit" so 2 days later they have taken our car (which we have kept up to date with all payments) and have told us we have to pay nearly 10 grand in 14 days or car will get auctioned . Where do we stand as we px our old car and put 3 grand of our own money in????????????? PLEASE HELP

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  8. loopeyloo
    Started by loopeyloo,

    my husband got arrested 2 days ago for smacking my son which has caused him bruising all down his back, he is out on bail at his mums till next friday, he is allowed no contact with my children whatsoever untill social services decide otherwise, my son has had a full medical and is being video interviewed on tuesday, myself and other children are going to be interviewed at some point as well. he has to report back to the police next friday to see what happens. does anyone know what the most likely outcome will be, will he be allowed home or will he get charged and go to court, this is his first offece

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. Cornishman
    Started by Cornishman,

    Hi, just joined the forum while browsing for wheel clampers! You may wonder why I would seek out a wheel clamper... We have been renting our holiday cottage down here in Cornwall to a rather nasty couple who have decided they are not leaving even though the tenancy agreement has finished. They are aggressive, foul-mouthed and have no respect for us or anyone. In the long list of problems they have caused us, is the matter of a huge stretch limo they have bought which is taking up a massive amount of room on our drive. I've asked them to remove it to no avail. Talking to a lawyer today, he suggested getting a clamping company in to immobilise the monster and they would t…

  10. wildjoker
    Started by wildjoker * ,

    Hi. i need a little advice on a car repossession. me and my partner purchased a car on finance in his name. we were engaged to be married however he worked away at an army base. we shared the payments of which i paid him cash towards every week and then the payments came out as a direct debit from his account. the car was registered at my address in his name however insured mot'd and taxed by me (i was the sole driver) from day one. a repossssion man turned up at my address saying could my partner get in touch asap which i did on his behalf. the representative was very abrupt on the phone. said that he was going to tagg the car (whatever that means i dont know) and…

    jemz1546620088
  11. Matavin
    Started by Matavin,

    This is more Law than it is a scenario question, even though i need a 'what to do' answer from a hypothetical scenario. With the good weather we are getting, i started pondering about nudists. No im not being dirty minded HA. What powers or action should we use or do with 'Nudists'. I know that indecent exposure with those flashing themselves at MOP is criminal ''Sexual Offences Act 2003 Sec 66 Exposure A person commits an offence if, (a) he intentionally exposes his genitals, and (b) he intends that someone will see them and be caused alarm or distress.'' But i was reading this source which defends nudists in every possible way; is the source correct? and if so, …

    • 14 replies
    • 3.3k views
    robw1546080964
  12. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Hi all, I was wondering if a Welsh Bobbie could tell me whether it's legal to have a small BBQ (the one's in a tray) on welsh beaches, specifically Abersytwyth. I'm on a Biology trip and my fiends would like to know if it's ok to do so. A speedy reply would be appreciated, Thanks very much, Shikari

    • 12 replies
    • 9.2k views
  13. Kevinl03
    Started by Kevinl03,

    Forgive me if this has been done already (this video is from March) but it is a video that is supposedly footage of 14 'freemen' in a Mags court after one was summonsed for failing to pay Council Tax - apart from the issues re: filming in court, I'm aghast at all the tripe that is spouted and is supposed to have some legal basis. Their website puts this out as some kind of victory, yet if you watch the video to the end, it states that the liability order for council tax WAS granted.... The police arrive a short way into the video - imagine being called to this one! Freeman In Court

    • 7 replies
    • 2k views
  14. SpecialKate
    Started by SpecialKate * ,

    Hi, I'm currently in the process of applying as a Special Constable, having failed in my application to the regulars, and so far have passed every stage, however still need to sit my final interview. I was given some topics to consider before attending the interview, one of them was: CCTV - I've interpreted this to cover questions such as what are the benefits of CCTV to both the Public and the Police....? OR Are CCTV cameras an infringement of Human rights? I think I am PRO CCTV however can't personally think of too many cons to CCTV from a police officer's point of view Can anyone help?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  15. intersimi
    Started by intersimi,

    Although I completely agree with the decision, I was shocked to hear of such an offence. It appears to have come from the Army act 1955, but I thoguht this was a military act and did not have bearing on a civilian. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventr...ire/8454415.stm Can someone shed any light on this, if they are able to?

    • 35 replies
    • 5.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.