Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. Grumpy275
    Started by Grumpy275,

    We have just launched Community Speedwatch in Devon. I know Surrey has a scheme up and running. I was wondering who else has a scheme and what the feeling is around the country. Are there many multiple offenders being logged etc.

    • 11 replies
    • 5.3k views
  2. Airflow
    Started by Airflow,

    If you are going to report someone for summons (im not talking about the basics such as minor RTA offences), does advice need to be sought from a CPS prosecutor? Am i right in saying if its a summary offence, the police can make the decision to summons, with a simple thumbs up from the line manager?? Im trying to think of examples, maybe more obscure ones such as various bits of road traffic. Also, can you summons someone without interviewing them, either on tape or contemp? (Again, talking probably minor road traffic here) and allow them to offer their side of the matter in court? If any of this is true, it all sounds too easy :S

    • 6 replies
    • 3.4k views
  3. ex-user
    Started by ex-user,

    Ok, so first a little back story, I work for a supermarket delivering shopping in the vans you've probably all seen around. Before we set off we check our vehicles for new damage and road worthiness, and then we fill in a book to record our findings. Recently, I forgot to fill in this book before setting off, however I DID do my checks, because quite frankly some of the vans are an accident waiting to happen and there is no way I would drive them before checking them over, several times for example, I’ve found vans with totally bald tyres. Anyway that’s a separate issue; for forgeting to fill in the book I got hauled up into the office to highlight my error. On …

    • 16 replies
    • 2.5k views
  4. pogs
    Started by pogs,

    I have a small question related to Enhanced CRBs. Last year I was pulled over for speeding. I was not issued a fine or anything but I had to give my details and sign something (can't remember what it was called) so that if it happened in future further action would be taken. Do these type of things show up on enhanced CRBs?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. Cemboi
    Started by Cemboi,

    I remember hearing from somewhere that it is against the law to listen to loud music after a certain time in a car? Am I right or am I just imagining i've heard this?

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 3.7k views
  6. allfor2005
    Started by allfor2005 * ,

    Hi guys I just need your advice with an issue I have and hope you can help. My husband has been caught by the police in Aug 08 and they stopped him as he does not have business insurance (he only has SPD and commuting). They took him to court and we had a chance to plea guilty by post and write a mitigation letter. Any way, he just got the order from the court this week and they gave him 6 points and a fee of 150. Now he has only been driving for a year and a half so what’s the next step. The court also return his licence and the counterpart sheet. The court only informed us of the fee payment and nothing was mentioned of the 6 points or what we should do. …

  7. nffc191
    Started by nffc191,

    Good Afternoon All Thursday afternoon i received a caution from a police officer as i was in possession of some cannabis. The officer/s involved didnt ask me my personal details but checked my wallet and radio contacted colleagues probably to find out if i had other cautions related im not sure. I did not have to sign anything, i was not arrested but the officer said it would be a caution & go on record?. This made me worry as towards the end of the year i intend to emigrate to the USA and of course this may well be a problem. Sunday i contacted the police tent on site as it was upon entry to a festival that i was searched, and spoke to an officer there re. the in…

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 8.4k views
    Administrative Account
  8. theelusivetruth
    Started by theelusivetruth,

    When an alleged offense has been made and the defendant is brought in to give a statement, if the defendant gives a "no comment" answer to the questions that are asked during the statement is taken, does this mean that the defendant is likely to be guilty?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 18.4k views
  9. supasonic
    Started by supasonic,

    Dear all, I am currently a student conducting research for my dissertation that aims to assess the effectiveness of the 'notice and takedown' of illegal content online that supports or encourages terrorism. Section 3 of the Terrorism Act 2006 allows police constables to issue notices to website hosts ordering that illegal content be removed within 2 working days. From what I have read, these laws have never formally been invoked. I would be grateful if anybody could offer me some insight into what kind of training police constables receive in assessing terrorist content online, possible reasons why these laws have not been used and of course any opinions on whether thi…

  10. charlie_lola
    Started by charlie_lola,

    Hi With regards to taped interviews; (say police/defendant or police/victim) if the defendant was being charged and a trial date set for magistrates, would the police give the prosecution the tape from the interview(s) and does the defence get a chance to listen to it? Or is that only with Crown Courts??? Would it apply to CCTV footage/video footage from elsewhere??? I have had to conflicting views on this so could somebody with some knowledge give me a sound answer???

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Soapyw
    Started by Soapyw,

    I had a discussion with a friend of mine the other day, he had been told all about it by some dodgy bloke, and it raised a few questions that got me thinking. Basically some people are choosing to 'opt out' of the legal system. We all, apparently, have two entities (this isn't going all spiritual!). Our physical selves and in law our legal self. You can choose to not acknowledge your legal self, and therefore not acknowledge the police or more importantly the courts. As we were talking through it from a practical point of view this would mean telling an officer nothing at all. Straight away you have a case for arrest (if the person is suspected of a crime) to establis…

    • 18 replies
    • 2.5k views
  12. marralass
    Started by marralass,

    I have this hypothetical friend who has a hypothetical situation, honest! If someone were to see someone pull out of a junction whilst looking at their mobile and pressing buttons and was to remark loudly through their open window something along the lines of "What the F*** do you think you're doing pulling out of a junction using your mobile you idiot." Might that be construed as doing their civic duty in deterring crime or could it constitute a public order offence. Just wondered.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. Belmit
    Started by Belmit,

    Firstly, greetings all! I was advised to visit this forum by a friend who is both a police officer and firearms enthusiast, who felt my question would be better answered here by people with greater knowledge of the particular laws involved. I'm hoping it's a fairly simple question regarding the VCR act and the law surrounding ownership and purchase of old West replica firearms. I'm looking to purchase a pair of Colt replicas, more specifically Peacemakers. I'd be using them for two things; as display pieces in the home and to try my hand at spinning them, as replicas are fairly faithful to the original weight and it looks like a great hobby. Unfortunately the info availa…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 48.6k views
  14. charlie_lola

    Hello I am stuck as to how the Law Perceives a 'common assault'? My Boyfriend recently had a male attempt to punch him in the face while he was at work (Security Guard). My Boyfriend ducked out of the way and another security personel restrained the male ( I will refer to him as male 1 from now on). Previous to this event( 5 minutes earlier :) ) male 1 had been seen to throw a glass in the air which then hit a female on the head. Male 1 was escorted out of the building by My Boyfriend and another security guard. (so that was for a bit of background). Male 1 after being restrained was then acting out violently towards the security guard. The Head Security Officer call…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.2k views
  15. EchoSierra
    Started by EchoSierra,

    One for traffic officers and people in the know. What's your opinion on motorcyclists riding/propelling with feet on the pavement and then parking? And what is the legal angle? Doesn't seem to get in the way and you see bikes parked next to shops all the time. Annoying for car drivers as they have to park on the road but useful for bikers. Is it against the law to ride on the pavement but sort of tollerated for parking bikes?

    • 5 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.