England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
Hello, I am new to this forum and new to things like this! So please bear with me if I don't explain things properly. My brother was arrested on Saturday night after drinking too much, so he can't remember anything. He was placed in a cell overnight, gave a previous address when he arrived and interviewed in the morning. He was told that he had swung for a guy, who had ducked, and a policeman had seen this and arrested him. So he's been told that he did not actually hit this person (or that's what he's told me). He declined a phone call or a solicitor as he couldn't remember what he'd done, he didn't know why he was there. During his interview he kept saying this, so t…
-
hi greeting i have a glock 21 replica not the new bright orabge one the old black grey ones from 8 years ago is this now illegall i hope not also its locked in my safe and the police have even looked after it for me when ive gone on holiday before now at gloucester havent been for awhile sounds silly but if i take it in there will they now take it from me now pls advice as i really dont want to get rid of this but i dont want to breack the law either infact the bottom line is i dont want to get shot dead thanks john
-
Is there such an offence of blocking a river or other navigable waterway to traffic? Can't seem to find one....
-
Just a quick one. If a youth for example aged 14, was found to be drunk in public, do the police have any powers to forceabably remove the individal to their home address? Secondly if parents were called and came to collect the indivial and they refused, could the parents force them to go home?
-
Would testing positive for drugs amount to possession?
-
Please read the below in relation to S. 59 PRA 2002: OPSI - Section 59 Police Reform Act 2002 So..........does this mean a PCSO with the power to issue a S.59 has the same powers as a "constable in uniform", specific to the Section 59 legislation?
-
This is a email that I have sent today:- Me, my husband and my sister booked with Tours "R" Us for a daytrip to Belgium on 12th June 2010. Our criteria of the trip was to get duty free tobacco. The first stop was a alcohol warehouse in Calais which is just round the corner from the port where certain people brought enough wine to run a restaurant. The bottom of the coach was completely full of boxes of Blossom Hill wines with only just a couple of crates of larger. Now what I am saying is this there was enough boxes of wine to sell in a restaurant or two to make a profit from the duty free. What I witness (along with others) was "breaking the law". Then we went on …
-
I have been charged with common assault (kicking someone on the shins) and leaving a child in the control of a stranger (a friends boyfriend) I was incredibly rude to two policemen that night. 48 hours later the same two policemen cameto my house to arrest me. I have to say they were incredibly kind to me. And didnt handcuff me. They also came in an unmarked car so my neighbours wouldnt see. I had had 4 drinks that night whichmay not sound a lot but it is for me. I have never behaved like this before and have never been arrested nor even a parking ticket. I have to go to court in august and I'm terrified I'm going to go to prison. I have a 7 year old son. One of the polic…
-
Hey, Earlier today a passenger in a car driving past threw a water bomb at me which sadly hit. I got the licence plate of the car and was wondering if this is considered assault and further action could be taken? It has happened a few times previously to me with eggs, etc and I am frankly sick of it. Thanks.
-
Hi all, 15 years ago when I was 17 I was arrrested and I THOUGHT I got given a final warning for theft and a caution for affray. I had never been in trouble with the police before nor have I been after. In my opinion it was a blip and one that I'd like to forget. I am now applying for jobs that require Enhanced CRB and in some cases security clearance. If I have to declare these then I will, I don't want to sit around every day looking over my shoulder for the HR manager and security. If I don't get the jobs because of them well that's what the checks are for, so be it. Problem is that like I said I thought I got the above, but I have been looking into this and it appe…
-
About four years ago I had a messy split with a former partner, nothing violent whatsoever. Just two hurt people being a bit stupid. She made a complaint to the police that I was sending her texts and emails. Nothing threatening just upset ramblings. The police called to see me but I was away on holiday and it ended up with me contacting them by phone a week or two later. When I phoned the officer said he had come to warn me about harrassing my ex partner, I explained the situation said I was sorry and that I would not try and contact her again, he said that was fine. He rang me back later that day and said he had spoken to the officer that had dealt with the complaint an…
-
Hello all, I've just come across the term "reporting an arrest" - what does that mean? I've never heard the term used before! Many thanks, F&V
-
(Please note. I am not a police man yet, so please be patient with me with regards to my terminology, as I am not fully familiar with police terms. Thanks). Here's an interesting one. Is a drug addict over dose ever considered as suspect if there are strained circumstances that surround the addicts death. I write, as over the past ten or so years, in my home town in the island of Jersey, I have watched a number of people who I grew up with die due to drug overdoses. Now, I am practically T total myself, and have been for over 12 or 13 years, apart from the occasional bottle of bear while watching a decent movie now and again. Perhaps once or twice a month. I have not…
-
Hi, thought I would put this one here as I'm not too sure what the law is on this one. There is a car parked in the free car park of my local Somerfield and it has been there for ages. I park next to it when I'm using the train station which is just down the road. The other day I noticed it had a flat tyre and debris has collected around it and I looked at the tax disc and it ran out in 2009. Is it illegal for it to be parked in this car park or is it classed as being off the road? I'm thinking of telling my local force about it you see, but don't want to waste their time if it isn't an offence. There is also a car bodywork garage right opposite which, I have noticed, …
-
If a group are in a field, which the public have access to, but out the way, not of the public eye though, camping, not causing a nuisance and do not leave a mess, and the police come across them, what would be the most likely form of action by the police? Thanks for answers.