Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    is it illegal to be drunk in charge of a pedal bike? and do the normal rules count as if you where stopped and brethalised in charge of a motor vehicle ?

    • 24 replies
    • 67.3k views
  2. Soapyw
    Started by Soapyw,

    Hi, I'm not sure which is the correct legislation that covers sending offensive messages by electronic means (text / instant messaging etc). I'm sure it is an offence, but am unsure as to what covers it. Thanks.

    • 22 replies
    • 2.4k views
  3. randombobby
    Started by randombobby,

    You always hear of people getting done for perverting the course of justice when they give false details to a NIP. So at the roadside if a driver gives you false details any offences?....Perverting the course of justice?....Obstructing Police? Cheers

    • 11 replies
    • 5k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  4. George75
    Started by George75,

    Hi everyone. I hope you can help me out here. I was parked in a Disabled parking bay with my out of date blue badge as i was registered disabled up until recently and never bothered to update the blue badge(physio helped recovery from a fall) Anyway, the Traffic warden noticed that the badge was out of date so i apologised and moved my car to a car park opposite the shop where my partner was getting milk for baby. The car park was virtually empty but for 3 or 4 cars in a 50-60 space car park as it was a Sunday afternoon so i just parked conveniently on a disabled parking bay. The Traffic warden had just finnished putting a ticket on a Mercedes and he followed me over the …

    • 13 replies
    • 8.1k views
    jonnokennedy
  5. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    Is it possible to issue an FPN to a vehicle that has committed an offence but the driver is no longer with it? Clearly there are some parking offences where we have means to do this (obstructino tickets) but what about vehicles left on a footway (though not causing an obstruction) or parked facing the wrong way etc? The two later offences have FPN(N) codes on my offence code cards and thus the driver can be given an FPN. However, what is the best course of action if the driver is not near the vehicle? As standard FPNs need the driver's details and are issued to the driver it doesn't really seem appropriate to issue it to the car - especially considering we don't know who…

    • 23 replies
    • 3.3k views
  6. GaryW
    Started by GaryW,

    On the way home this evening I saw a guy on a little 50CC bike with an L plate on the back of his helment but not on the bike. I was under the impression that the L plate had to be on the vehicle rather than on the rider so is this a breach of law or not? Thanks in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  7. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    Who is of the mind that police recruitment in the UK needs to be renewed? After looking into recruitment in Commonwealth countries like Australia, Canada and New Zealand they all seem to have very clear, consistent, transparent and motivated recruitment strategies with well defined training and selection goals laid out for all to see. Granted they have more of a "national" police force than the UK, they certainly seem to have more of a "national" approach to recruitment. I particularly like NZ's training programme. Anyone else find room for discussion here?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Universally_Challenged
  8. _21066
    Started by _21066,

    Hiya all, I was the victim of a crime last week (I believe its threats to kill as the suspect made various threats to me including 'Remember I know where you live and I'm going to come and shoot you down'). I reported this to the police, by dialling 999 at the time as I was in fear for my safety, and they have decided to take no further action (I am still awaiting clarification on the reason for this decision from one of the sargents). I was advised by the OIC that they have decided to deal with this by issuing both me and the suspect a harassment warning. I do not understand why I, as the victim, am getting one as well. Also, I have been verbally advised by the OIC tha…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 7.4k views
  9. IrateShrike
    Started by IrateShrike +,

    If say, a man buys a girl a drink in a club which is strictly no admittance to under 18s when in fact the girl is actually 17, I understand an offence is committed of supplying alcohol to a minor. Would it be a defence if the male genuinely had no reason to believe she was under 18 due to the fact he was in a licenced premises that does not permit entry of minors?

    • 12 replies
    • 2k views
    obsidian_eclipse +
  10. 050875
    Started by 050875,

    i don't know whether i should have put this in here or general discussion but ... ... Just watching some youtube videos of 'wallies' in cars bombing round with music blasting and drinking in the car, besides the speeding ... is drinking in a car illegal and what crimes are being committed? ... Or it is legal ?

    • 26 replies
    • 2.7k views
  11. hartfield
    Started by hartfield,

    Is attempting to bribe a police officer to do or not to do something (e.g. not to give me a no insurance ticket or not to arrest me etc.) attempting to pervert the course of justice? If not, what is it? (surely it is one?!)

    • 2 replies
    • 908 views
  12. Kenobibax
    Started by Kenobibax,

    Guy steals cop car? Is this real or fake?

  13. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    Clearly abortion is an emotive issue and I don't intend to start a thread about various moral arguments for and against. The recent controversy over an "abortion advert" shows that it is a very emotive issue (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8693732.stm). However, I've been thinking for a while about abortion and the law - as it currently stands. Organisations such as Marie Stopes (responsible forthe controversial ad) advocate a woman's "choice" around the subject: There is a commonly promoted idea that the decisions rests with the woman seeking the termination and that she has a free choice to make that decision. These organisations seek to support the woman in making th…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Fedster
    Started by Fedster,

    A man has staged a unique protest against traffic levels by pressing the button on his local pelican crossing and then going across the road very, very slowly. But is it illegal to repeatedly press the button on a pedestrian crossing? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8662249.stm Quite a unique protest not sure how effective it will be though

    • 18 replies
    • 2.4k views
  15. PintOfKittens
    Started by PintOfKittens,

    Purely hypothetical :whistle2: but whats the law on posession of an ASP/friction lock truncheon in a home? I know its illegal to buy/sell/import/export/think about/look at/ carry in public, but what about in the home? Purely hypothetical, honest :whistle2:

    • 18 replies
    • 3.5k views
    Fritz@Customs

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.