England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
Hi, can any of you who are trained to use the Provida system answer the following question? I assume it gets calibrated yearly (certificate would prove this), It normally has a 7 day time out when it gets calibrated again, do you calibrate it when you first start a tour of duty? and when you use it for a speeding offence do you calibrate it again before the end of your tour? where do you keep these details when you do the checks? (ie if pocket books do both officers record it). and do you have to record that you turned phones off? or inhibited radios during the checks? Thanks Tom
-
Hi, I have searched and searched on the web trying to find the regulations for this and i thought i'd try here too. I was wondering what the law is about driving a vehicle on the road which is fitted with an external roll cage?
-
- 3 replies
- 5.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A number of years a go people moved inacross the street then next door. I can't remember the progress as I've been off at uni for the last 4 years and been otherwise busy. Now its at the state where the parents next door mouth off at me indirectly and the kids likewise do the same. Not only that but then freinds or as likely family round the corner do the same. Its fairly stupid because they seem to spend the majority of thier time on a hate campaigne, in fact its seemingly the only thing which binds them. Previously I had to put up with the kids screaming all hell at each other. I think its got to the point now it needs some resolution. The thing is how do you handle …
-
Right well I pulled up outside a chippy today in my mums motability car. Outside the chippy is a bus lane with double yellows at the side. I ran in made the order and as i came out to move the car a police officer shouted me - asking if I knew i was on double yellows causing an unneccessary obstruction? I said yes, sorry Im about to move it (expecting just a ticking off) He went on to give me a ticket so I asked if he was going to ticket the other cars (3 of which were all parked in the bus stop), he said he was once he'd done mine, so I said fair does.. As he was writing my ticket out the other drivers came out and moved their cars - which he let them without ticketing t…
-
Hey people! Just wanted to say thank you for all your wisdom and guidance so far. I received a letter today to say that I had passed my PIRT with a score of 236 (pass mark 133) for NWP. Next up: interview! :boxing:
-
In Scotland previous convictions of the accused cannot be disclosed to the court until conviction; it cannot be used prior to this. In England previous convictions can be disclosed bto a court, to strengthen the prosecution case. What about formal police cautions (in England), if a defendant is accused of a similar crime to which a previous caution related, can the caution be disclosed and if so, is there a time limit on how long ago the caution was given? I know that there are probably "depends on" answers to this so if that is the case, I'd be really grateful for a link to law on this - all I have found is the law in relation to prosecution witnesses' previous throu…
-
If demonstrators were to block off a road whilst protesting what act and section would they be violating? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
-
Hi just some advice please. A known "customer" was arrested last night for Possession of cannabis and Obstruct police. Circs of that arent too important, but the male was also wanted on warrant not backed for bail for a breach of community order, for which he wasnt arrested. Once taken in to custody this male started the whole, "I've swallowed something and am in agony" trick. He was taken straight to hospital, 16 hours later, pretending not to be able to speak or be conscious, doctors were at the conclusion that he was faking and just cover themselves wanted to do a few more checks, scans etc as the male was not speaking or moving etc. Anyway on the change of my shift, o…
-
Hi all, just a quick one. If you have previously cautioned a person is it necessary to recaution them after you have told them the notice of intended prosecution?
-
Hello, I am 15 years old and I live in Southport/Merseyside. I am contacting you today because I would like to ask you a question and explain to you my situation. I, am a high school student and I am in Y10 at ********** in Southport and I am soon to go into Y11, I am going to be leaving school with good qualifications and hopefully going to college to study public services and my dream to become a special constable. I, have been worried over the past 3 years when I did something very very bad and I just want to contact you today because I feel if I get older it may be to late to tell you how much I have realised what my mistake was and I believe if I tell you whilst I a…
-
- 33 replies
- 4.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Somehow i feel i may open up a can of worms with this question, especially after last night on channel4. However i am a postman in my day(morning) job and i overheard a manager discussing a law he found while randomly wasting time on the internet. Supposedly there is an obscure law from about 100 years ago that states that royal mail wagons and vans are allowed to run red lights, aslong as its safe to do so, to protect the integrity of the mail. He found out about it after a police car was involved in an RTA and the journalist stated that emergency vehicles are not legally allowed to run a red light, where as royal mail wagons supposedly are. Anyone heard this before. P…
-
Hello, Thanks for reading. I recently started a new job after months of being near penniless. My car tax expires on 30th of this month and I do not get my first pay packet from my job until Friday 14th may. I am aware using the vehicle on the road without tax is an offence, but im wondering what the penalties are if I pay for my tax at the post office on the 14th of may, but continue to use the car (only to get to/from work) during the first 14 days of may. Im also wondering what a police officer would do were i to be stopped during this time. I have MOT and insurance, everything legal, and I will be buying the tax on 14th of may to cover the month of may, im just broke …
-
I wonder if someone could give me advice with regards to the following: My son was exiting a public house car park - the exit is inbetween a public pathway. He was slowly driving out, looking to his right and when he looked to his left, a cyclist drove straight into his car and onto his bonnet. My son was naturally concerned, got out his car and checked to see if she was OK, he thinks she stratched her knee. They exchanged details, address, name and telephone numbers. When my son inspected his car, she was driving her push bike at such speed, she's cracked his window screen in 3 places, dented the front side, door and bonnet of his car, stratched the door and front p…
-
- 9 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Who can help and tell me what the offence is in relation to a loose battery?
-
Just a quickie. For those who have been in the Job for a good number of years, which party has been kindest to the Police?