Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. ivrytwr3
    Started by ivrytwr3,

    I appreciate that this isn't a legal drop in centre, but i am very worried about what to do next. Father-in-law, 70 years old was with my 4 year old daughter, waiting in a queue to get duaghter's face painted. 40 minutes later just as she washer turn a 20 something male throws his daughter into the chair, bypassing the queue. Father in law tells the guy it's not her turn and not to jump the queue and apparently all hell breaks loose. No punches, but lots of pushing and shoving from FIL and young male and lots of swearing from male and his wife/girlfriend. FIL has bruises up his arm and my daughter has a bruise to leg where the young male kicked the chair leg into her…

  2. atr232000
    Started by atr232000,

    Hello, My brain is not working at the mo so can you fine people help. CRIMINAL LAW ACT 1977 6(1) Subject to the following provisions of this section, any person who, without lawful authority, uses or threatens violence for the purpose of securing entry into any premises for himself or for any other person is guilty of an offence, provided that - (a) there is someone present on those premises at the time who is opposed to the entry which the violence is intended to secure; AND (b) the person using or threatening the violence knows that is the case . From this would you say that the offender has to cross the threshold for the offence to be complete or just mearly kick…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 14.2k views
  3. 5h3llf1r3
    Started by 5h3llf1r3 * ,

    can a police officer in scotland do a pnc check if no complaint has been made or no offence commited?

    Scotia1546081133
  4. x024684427
    Started by x024684427,

    I understand that previous offences are not to be disclosed in court because they may jeopardise the court case by bias. Does anyone know How long has this been in effect? Since the beginnings of english law?

    • 0 replies
    • 569 views
  5. marralass
    Started by marralass,

    Are there any circumstances in which a caution may be revoked after it is given, if so what is the procedure? I'll give two scenarios, as examples (neither of which are real cases, although the latter is quite common) Bloke splits up with girlfriend, moves back in with parents, gives his stereo to a mate (no room at mums and doesn't want the girlfriend to have it) Girlfriend claims to police the stereo has been stolen by mate and produces the shop receipt as proof of ownership. Mate is arrested and confronted with evidence and told that the easiest way out is to accept a caution, otherwise he'll be in the cells until tomorrow then have to go to court. So he accepts a c…

    • 8 replies
    • 6.9k views
  6. mdeer
    Started by mdeer,

    Hi All I myself am going into the force this year and so this particular case that has happaned to my family has me intrigued. I'll start with the background. My auntie has been mentally disabled since birth. When she was born doctors gave her 1 year to live, she is now 50. She has been cared for all her life at home by my grandparents. My auntie is constantly in and out of hospital recently due all sorts of physical problems with her brain affecting, well just about every part of her body. About a month ago she was in hospital and a complaint was made against my nan for pulling my aunties hair and the next day without any proof or witnesses my auntie was placed i…

  7. rowrow
    Started by rowrow,

    A couple of days ago, the DVLA tax people had been round clamping cars, after they left I went outside and they had clamped about 10 cars (yes it's that bad here). Couple of hours later I see a few people outside with a mechanic looking guy with a toolkit. He took of five of the clamps in a very artful manner without breaking a thing, using a long handled ratchet of some sort. He then proceeded to neatly place the clamps up against the wall, and everyone removed their cars to another location. I was wondering the legality of this. If you are not damaging the clamp at all, is it OK to do this? I don't mean if you haven't paid your tax because thats wrong, but say you got…

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 41.7k views
  8. MTT
    Started by MTT,

    Is it an offence in E&W to impersonate a PCSO?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 4.5k views
  9. marknw

    Hello, I am NOT a Police officer but a law abiding citizen. I have never been in trouble with the Police in my life and have /had no criminal record/arrests etc. I'm 41. I am an openly Gay male. I recently had a consensual private "encounter" with another male adult who had been "interested" in me. To cut a long story short, the guy was a compulsive liar, living in a fantasy World and has mental problems which I was not aware of, and he reported me to the Police the next day. I was arrested, finger printed, photograhed etc, put in a cell and accused of sexual assault ON A MALE. I AM COMPLETELY INNOCENT OF THIS CHARGE. (in fact the guy CONTINUED to stalk me after…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 13.1k views
  10. Melbi_uk
    Started by Melbi_uk,

    I have never been in trouble with the law before so all this is very scary for me. I was arrested recently for 3 alleged assaults After the interview the police officer said she could have dropped the case but due to the fact she hadn't been made aware that the people accsuing me of assaulting them had been banging on my front door after the alleged assault and I had been making 999 calls reporting them for threatening behaviour towards me and my daughter. So if she had felt the case could have been dropped on my statement, then why was there a need to put me on bail? She asked the officer filling in my bail paper not to put the reason for bail as she didnt want the …

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 4.1k views
  11. Smiley Culture
    Started by Smiley Culture +,

    I attended an incident recently in which someone was alleged to have directed some rather unpleasant behaviour towards a young child, with the effect of causing her distress. We were able to get a statement from one of the parents and a neighbour who witnessed the incident - however, for reasons I shouldn't go into detail about on here, the child was unwilling to give a statement herself. Hence, the view of my partner and I at the time was that if we were going to pursue an offence, it would be a s5 POA. However, the crime bureau insisted that because there was an identifiable target of the behaviour, even though we didn't get a statement from her, it should be recorde…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
    Danportsmouth
  12. GoneForgotten
    Started by GoneForgotten,

    Hi, Take a for instance: Can someone explain to me if someone is searched for drugs and appears to be scamming people by flogging paracetamol that they can't be done for Fraud? So the let's suppose someone comes upto me and says, matey boy over there is offering cocaine. Fine I says, can I have your details? errm, no, and walks off I'm scared of drug dealers, or something like that. I go over to the person and I perform a drugs search. I find several wraps of plastic with white powder on them and a pack of paracetamol. What's this I say? He says, "oh whatever man, do what you have to do". I explain, ok, well based on what I was told by someone I have performed a dr…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Danportsmouth
  13. eezie
    Started by eezie * ,

    Hi there! If I'm in the wrong forum i do apologies. I need some advice on this particular issue. Will take you back to the beginning and yet again i do apologies for the long winded scenario. Back in 2009 in a small village not long built lived a number of women,house wifes. Three of the women were expecting baby girls but already had older boys who attended the same primary school in the village. One of the ladies had issues of bullying when she was young and took almost everything quite literally, the other lady spent most of her time on facebook ranting about others and sitting on the fence when trouble stirred, the3rd lady was someone who'd worked full-time and was…

    • 2 replies
    • 680 views
  14. pgm656
    Started by pgm656 * ,

    I heard recently on the news that police can no longer interview subjects in blue boiler suits traditionally given to prisoners whose clothes have been seized? Has anyone else heard the same? If so are there any stated cases?

  15. suzan
    Started by suzan * ,

    ,

    • 0 replies
    • 491 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.