England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
More out of curiosity ( after a heated debate on the morality of doing so ). your place of work had a book club in place and various genres are left there and changed every week for employees to see if there is anything that catches their eye and they can purchase the book via the club at a discounted price. Instead, when it's quiet, employees are taking the cookbooks and photocopying the recipes contained within them without purchasing the book or paying any charge to those with a vested monetary interest. Is there any legislation or offences that are designed to stop this sort of behaviour? I would presume it's something under theft act or copyright act but my poo…
-
We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to urgently seek the extradition to the UK of the murderer of WPC Yvonne Fletcher. Submitted by John Murray – Deadline to sign up by: 28 December 2009 – Signatures: 10,025 Click see the link here - http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/YvonneFle.../#detail#detail Thanks Ian
-
- 9 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
First of all I understand that this isn't legal advice which is fine as I'm just trying to get a clearer understanding of the law around vehicle taxation and taxation classes. My wife is in the process of buying a car and one she looked at was registered with the DVLA as a disabled persons vehicle and had no tax on it. The dealer hinted that she would be fine driving it away with no tax and going to the local post office to get it taxed. So, my questions Driving a car with no road tax is illegal so the best thing to do is getting the car taxed then driving it away - no problem there but are there any exemptions from driving untaxed if you are driving to the post offi…
-
Usually if the environment is safe and its a non scuffle etc I do godunds for arrest you are under arrest caution reason/necessary for arrest. I was doing a bit of reading on blackstones, and I can't find anywhere that says that upon arrest you actually have to tell the suspect the reasons for the arrest. It seeems its just grounds, arrest, caution at the time of arrest, or as soon as practicably possible. I've just come from training school and we were told you have to say the reason/necessity bit! On wiki crime, strictly speaking I think they say the time of arrest is the time they are detained. So its either when the cuffs go on, or you say you're under arrest, …
-
Hi folks, general question here.... What's the law about begging on the street? I bet there is legislation about it, but can't seem to find it. Can anyone give me any direction where to look or any guidence? Many thanks. Ricardo M
-
Hello! I need some expert advice... At present I have a massive problem with scrap metal dealers. I will set the scene... We're aware of just under 100 vehicles operating in the borough at present. Each vehicle is independant from the others, and they drive round slowly making some sort of noise to alert people to the fact they are nearby and collecting scrap metal. A single vehicle would be tolerable, but some roads are being visited by up to ten vehciles each day. They use a range of methods to generate the sound, from shouting or using a brass instrument such as a bugle, to using speakers fitted to the exterior of the vehcile and relaying a recorded message. Th…
-
I've just picked up a tow rope from work for 25p, might come in handy one day...however heard that its now illegal for use a rope for towing...is this correct? I've had a quick google and can't see anything that stands out. Thanks.
-
I am currently a month or so into training and have just done TWOC and Aggravated TWOC and the trainer mentioned a scenario that confused me Basically he said that if a family that owned a caravan were away on holday for a few weeks, and someone goes onto there drive and hooks up there caravan to there car and drive off, using the caravan for 2 days, and then put it back on the drive with no damage or anything done to the caravan or the driveway What offences are committed? I would have thought theft, but they intended to return it etc This has confused me Any answers?
-
-
- 36 replies
- 6.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm sorry if this a repeat but I have had a look for any posts and can't find any, plus am limited on time for revision purposes. My colleague's are saying that any arrest for a domestic violence incident is done under S17 PACE. I disagree. In the download from PS.com it refers to using S24, which makes more sense, in order to prevent any further harm to the victim (or possibly using BoP). Which one would you use?
-
Made me think, was walking out of the train station today and a little golf i think it was had a "constant horn" as many a train driver would describe the defect (chuckle chuckle etc) anyways the horn was constantly engaged as this fella was driving, very noisy, very distracting, a real head turner. the driver seemed happy to drive with this defect. so, traffic bods, just out of curiosity (and to be honest im sure he would be stopped or reported soon enough) any offenses. or would it be a simple VDRS type affair?
-
Hi, I'm sure this can't be right, perhaps someone could give them a call and go to view it :whistle2: My link Steve.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The other thread on going equipped reminded me of a conversation I recently had with an associate who is an Officer. Just to be clear I'm not in the Police. The discussion was around keeping lock knives in the boot of a car as part of a Mountain Rescue kit. I mentioned that I keep a locking Leatherman multitool in my kit and often carry a non-locking, sub 3" Leatherman Kick on my person. Once we had clarified that the Leatherman was allowable under Sect 139 of the CJA 1988 he stated that he would consider me for going equipped instead. Is this reasonable? My understanding is that going equipped needs to show an intention to commit a crime with the items you are carr…
-
Anyone know where I can locate my towns local byelaws? I have searched to no avail online and would hazard a guess that they are only available direct from the council in some capactiy; but it does seem strange that in this day and age they would not be available on the internet. I've tried asking a few collegues but noone is 100%. Any ideas?
-
what would happen if you walked in to a court room and started to record a video of what was taking place in the court room?. Lets say the hidden camera was built in to a watch you had on your wrist.
-
- 18 replies
- 7.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
When stopping a vehicle for whatever reason, and the car comes back as "insurance not held", this is put to the driver who says "no I'm trade" or "I have trade insurance" --- would this mean the vehicle is shown non insurance but is insured covered by a blanket policy they have? Or should they register each vehicle with the MIB or whatever. Should the person be carrying/using trade plates if this is the case? And if they are using a trade policy but have no trade plates does this mean they are driving without insurance? Also, how would you go about checking whether someone has trade insurance at say 10pm at night when everything is closed, if they have no documentation a…