England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
Hello people Who/what is a 'vulnerable adult' in the context of an arrest/police interview ? A 'Vulnerable Adult' is described in the Police Act 1997as a person, aged 18 or over, who has a condition of the following type............ a physical or mental illness, chronic or otherwise; including an addiction to alcohol or drugs.... " - "a reduction in mental capacity." The person suffers from depression, has done for many years; history of clerical sexual abuse....... and is on medication - anti depressants. He was suffering suicidal ideation before, at time of arrest. So in a sense, now sees the arrest as a 'good' thing - as it might actually have helped sav…
-
A officer stops a red vehicle, but PNC shows it to be blue - what offences (if any) have been committed? Obviously the colour of the vehicle is recorded on the V5 document, but if a requirement is made for it to produced via a HORT/1, there's no way for an SDO to know if the colour shown on the form is actually the physical colour of the vehicle. It seems like there should have a really simple answer but I'm damned if I can think what it might be... I'd be interested to know what the recommended procedure should be for a situation like this!
-
Mods - apologies in advance if this is classed as against the forum rules - I'm honestly not sure!? Just looking for some advice! Can anyone offer some advice for my brother-in-law with regards to insurance? He has a little scooter which gets him from A to B and has recently renewed the insurance policy on it. Unfortunately, when he's renewed it, he's typed the wrong registration plate accidentally on the website. His registration starts "CX" and he's typed "CV" in. He was stopped by an ANPR Police Car last night and given a presenter notice. He accepts that it is his mistake and he can modify his insurance so that it displays the correct insurance from today. T…
-
Hi all, I got a Reprimand back in 2008 when I was 14. It was for assualt. I have read the paperwork which was given by the Police, and it says the reprimand will be removed from the PNC on my 18th birthday. The CRB people have said this is incorrect. This is really worrying me as I am applying to be a Paramedic at uni next school year. The paperwork also mentions it stays on record for 5 years ? For the offence of battery to be complete does there need to be any injury? Has anyone heard of Judical review being used as a way of quashing a reprimand? I have not come to the Polices attention since, it was a one off occurance ( I know it doesn't make it any better) but i…
-
-
- 14 replies
- 10.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Not sure if that has been asked (if it has could you post the link to the thread) Are body cameras legal for police officers to wear ? I'm not talking about force issued ones but the type you can buy personally as per this link - Vehu Muvi Micro DV Cam How would you stand legally wearing this purely as your own record of events incase of complaints etc ? Any ideas ? Paul edit: spell
-
-
I might have to attend court as a witness, but the court is a considerable distance from my home. Can I claim for travel expenses and an overnight stay? Bear in mind that I'm not police, I'm wondering if the court has some sort of fund for expenses.
-
I'll start the thread by posting the standard disclaimer so no-one else has too. I came home tonight about 8.30, walking from the car towards my house when two large boxers run out of my front garden, one came running up to me snarling and went for me, the other standing their barking. The only way away from it was to jump over the front wall and through the bush. On checking to see where the cats were I couldn't find them so went back out to find the dogs trying to get under the neighbours car (shared driveway) so I managed to scare them off. One of the cats was under the car covered in blood, luckily he's ok though. Just lost a few teeth and a claw fighting back.…
-
I came home tonight about 8.30, walking from the car towards my house when two large boxers run out of my front garden, one came running up to me snarling and went for me, the other standing their barking. The only way away from it was to jump over the front wall and through the bush. On checking to see where the cats were I couldn't find them so went back out to find the dogs trying to get under the neighbours car (shared driveway) so I managed to scare them off. One of the cats was under the car covered in blood, luckily he's ok though. Just lost a few teeth and a claw fighting back. The other we can't find. We know who's dogs they are and the owner has just washed d…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was reading an article recently on the BBC new about a case that was recently done in Manchester ( http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-11610649 ) and during the case the Judge has threatned to have Mark Berry arrested for his behaviour in court. I was wondering how does a judge have the authority to get someone arrested in English Law? Does this only work inside the court? Can a Police officer refuse to arrest someone if he doesn't think an offence has occured but the Judge believes there has been? And if it did happen, would the judge need to attend the court case as a witness? Daft questions, but just something that came to me while reading the report.
-
There was a discussion about a year ago about whether police officers can exceed speed limits when not attending an incident. I don't find section 87 RTA 1984 easy to interpret not being experienced enough, but reading 87 with its subsections 1, 2 and 3 suggest it is not that straightforward. My question for now is: If police are NOT allowed to exceed speed limits when they are not on a call, are they exempt when undergoing driving instruction? Can a civilian instructor authorise a driver to exceed the speed limit?
-
Hello everyone, I'm Ben and I'm 13 from Surrey. All I've ever wanted to really do is become a policemen, I know that I'm pretty far away to getting a job but I'd still like to know. Here are some of the question I have :) : Can you do any jobs in the police at 16? Will they be recruiting when I'm 18? How fit do you need to be? I have a bleep test score of 9.9. Thanks :)
-
I am about to fill out a police vetting form for a voluntary position with an outside agency (non policing) The forms ask if I have ever been arrested. I was arrested twice almost 20 years ago but not convicted of any offence. Should I disclose this on the form? They have no relevance to the post applied for, and occurred in another part of the country. I'm keen to take on the voluntary position and would be devastated if these arrests 20 years ago would prevent me from taking up the post. Also if I was refused on these grounds, would it create an updated file showing this information, and reasons for refusal
-
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was recently arrested for possesion of an offensive weapon, there was a golf club in my car when I was talking to some bullies. The golf club never left the vehicle and I had no intention to use it. It was in there because I'm a regular golfer. I was just wondering what is likely to happen to me, this is my first offence and I'm not known to the police and I'm not q bad person any help would be grateful thanks
-
Can someone tell me what happens following a complaint put in to the IPCC? To all those who took the time to give me advice in my thread about harassment,I would like to thank you for taking the time to give me this advice. For the person who took offence to the advice I was given and told me to go see a solicitor,I'm glad to see the majority of the officers on this site don't have your attitude and are more considerate. They are a credit to the police force.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-