Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    Can someone clarify the rules around hearsay for me? I just had a very frustrating experience in court and a conversation with a CPS lawyer which made me want to bang my head against a wall (who'd have thought?!). I was a witness to a case where I had chased a guy . To cut a long story short the defendan's line of defence was that he wasn't the chap I chased from the LOS car. During the course of the chase I lost sight of the suspect for a couple of seconds...as he turned a corner ahead of me. As I turned the corner he wasn't visible but a member of the public indicated that the suspect had gone over a wall into a nearby rear garden. Units were coordinate to contain t…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. strathclyde28
    Started by strathclyde28,

    what can police do when a member of the royal family is breaking the law.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. strathclyde28
    Started by strathclyde28,

    I know working with gas when your not on the gas safe register is a crime but what type of crime is it.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. strathclyde28
    Started by strathclyde28,

    has anyone had a suspect who starts smoking after getting CS spray on the face?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Airflow
    Started by Airflow,

    Disregard - i found the answer i was looking for

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 883 views
    Administrative Account
  6. PC Meerkat
    Started by PC Meerkat +,

    I've had a thought-provoking moment induced by adslegend. I think the original question went something along the lines of is there a need for the offence of criminal damage when theft is such a wide ranging offence. I think it's a very good question, and to avoid de-railing the other thread I've made this one to try and get abit of legal debate on the subject going (plus I need to use my law degree for something..). I think the starting point here is to look at the definition between the two offences. Theft - A person shall be guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it. Cri…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. Smiles12
    Started by Smiles12,

    For the purposes of the stupid exam questions I have been trying to keep the legislation and "real" situations away from each other however I'm burning to ask if you were to come across (or have done) a made offensive weapon say a sword that would have a lockable blade of more than 3ins what would be a deciding factor in how you treat it, being Offensive weapon (prevention of crime 1953) or points and blades (criminal justice 1988)?

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  8. strathclyde28
    Started by strathclyde28,

    Can anyone tell me how long it can take once you have nicked someone for a crime.

    kester1546080880
  9. strathclyde28
    Started by strathclyde28,

    How do you deal with a NHS ambulance or fire engine that has no tax or insurance? I would feel bad if i had to take it away

    • 12 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. cdten
    Started by cdten,

    Do you think this may constitute a S5 Public Order offence? Guy leaves a nightclub after being abusive to the staff (swearing etc), he leaves of his own accord and before we arrive. Anyway, after leaving he has gone back up to the locked door and tried to get in. (He says to get his coat). Staff inside say that seeing him going back caused them fear. CCTV does not show any aggresive behaviour on his return (or in fact when he left) it just shows him pulling the door once and then walking off again. Are there any grounds for S5?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. marksie1988
    Started by marksie1988 +,

    What is the Law on CCTV in a workplace, we have had CCTV installed in our office, the cameras arent setup to record any information so are obviously not there for security just to spy on staff!!! what would be the legality of this? also if they dont display signs telling people CCTV is running is this illegal? (i wont take any information provided as 100% accurate and understand this isnt the view of police specials.com blah blah legals here ) Regards Steve

    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. RandomOfficer
    Started by RandomOfficer,

    Here's a scenario we've been trying to find a definative answer to for a couple of weeks now; ***************************** Male arrested Drunk in Charge of motor vehicle, S.5 after providing a positive sample of breath at roadside. Placed on CAMIC machine at custody - agreed to provide breath sampled and procedure correctly followed up to now. 1st sample of 1st sequence - MOUTH ALCOHOL OIC starts another sequence (starts the test again basically with a new print sheet) 1st sample of 2nd sequence - MOUTH ALCOHOL OIC does the same again........ 1st sample of 3rd sequence - MOUTH ALCOHOL OIC then decides to go to blood instead and retains all 3 sequence printouts. …

    • 11 replies
    • 7k views
  13. fruitandveg
    Started by fruitandveg +,

    Hello All, If a driver receives a VDRS notice, and they can't afford to repair the vehicle but will repair it in the future, is there a process for them to state they won't be driving it until fixed? My guess is that you'd have to declare SORN on the vehicle. Many thanks, F&V

    • 12 replies
    • 2.3k views
    obsidian_eclipse +
  14. Blobby1546080931
    Started by Blobby1546080931,

    Anyone know if they're are any powers to search in relation to sexual offences , i was paticularly thinking along the lines of voyeurism offences. Someone taking photos or filming at bedroom windows and the like. Any power to actually just search for images short of arresting and siezing under PACE. Sensible answers only please , not the "are you sure you didn't wiff some cannabis" answers.

    • 4 replies
    • 741 views
  15. PAULIE5X
    Started by PAULIE5X * ,

    Hello,wondered if anyone could help me.I believe I'm right in saying that a search is illeagal if the police officer does not give his name and police station before search ( using sect.60 of criminal justice and public order act 1994 )random search of people going into a concert for eg. This senerio leads to an assualt on police officer. PACE s.18 allows the searching of premises after an arrest if it could find evidence linked to arrest. The police searched house and found small quanty of drugs.I think the search is illeagal because the assault does not seem like a good reason to search house as no drugs were found on the man. Am I right ? Also is the small drugs find a…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.