Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. big-si
    Started by big-si,

    You're on foot patrol and see the following person dressed in this manner and notice that they're carrying a real baby made up in this way, what are your thoughts and potential actions please?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
    Jaydee1546620346
  2. markb12
    Started by markb12,

    Did you hear that a MP is trying to block a legal loop hole that lets adults supply underage kids drink in a public place. i never know that there was a legal loop hole

    • 4 replies
    • 951 views
  3. NWest
    Started by NWest,

    Missus has to go in to hozzy for an op in 3 weeks and weve no-one to look after the nipper while im at work for 2 days. I asked for Emergency leave for 2 days, but was told NO, as it wasnt an emergency as was pre-planned. Was told i could take parental leave, but wouldnt get paid and you had to take in a block of 5. Cant afford losing 5 days pay. I can take leave, but didnt really want to. Anyone know what else is available to me? Any help muchly appreciated!

    kpeter201546620256
  4. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Hello, In my force, the summons process is used less and less, so much so, that as a probationer, you rarely get chance to use it. I would like to give it a go more often, but there is a stigma with it that it gives you unnecessary work. Anyway, as with anything, especially when you are new, if you don't use something regularly it quickly goes out of your head. Can anyone simplify the process to me? This is how I understand it.. On a older crime where the ground for arrest perhaps don't exist anymore the summons process would be better suited. 1. Bring the suspect to the Police Station and interview them on tape. Caution, not under arrest, free to leave at any time, fr…

  5. colouredrush

    hello, hope someone can help, If your involved in an accident and you are in and out of consiousness you have broken both your legs, cars a proper write off after hitting a tree, do they automatically test you for alcohol? i so how? (think i know just want to check) and if over the limit what is the penalty likely to be? (second time being caught). thank you

  6. randombobby
    Started by randombobby,

    Are there any laws which compel a person to assist police by giving a statement or information about a crime? Say a person witnesses a minor assault, she says words to the effect "I'm not a grass, I dont want to get anyone in trouble". Is she committing any offences? Cheers

      • Like
    • 49 replies
    • 4.1k views
  7. GMan1546081127
    Started by GMan1546081127,

    Hi guys, another question, sorry if this has been asked before. You do a PNC check on a person, comes back that they're wanted, so you arrest him/her, or they have breached their court bail (obviously not police bail because we can't do anything there). You arrest them for being wanted or breach of bail... What is the necessary criteria for when you present the person in custody? Thanks guys.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2k views
  8. randombobby
    Started by randombobby,

    1. Driver tells PC his driving licence is in the car dahboard. PC opens it and takes it. 2. PC is talking to driver and whilst talking to him he says "whats that" pointing to some pills. Driver says oh theyre my medication and shows his prescription. 3. Whilst talking to the driver he sees as large flick knife in footwell. Grabs it and arrests driver. Which of the three scenarios would be considered a search if any so a stop slip need to be provided?

    • 8 replies
    • 834 views
  9. cdten
    Started by cdten,

    Should I disclose the DP's version in this scenario. Victim makes complaint against DP. DP makes complaint that the witness started things and alleges it is a false allegation. I have a statement from Victim and DP (under caution). I want to interview witness. While taking statement from witness should I tell him what DP has said in interview? Or is that a breach of procedure?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Perky1546081152
    Started by Perky1546081152,

    Right, I'm still in training so haven't had a chance to put this theory into practice yet, but I am getting slightly confused over when you should use 'Investigation' as your arrest criteria. This afternoon we were completing EABs, with a scenario given to us on a piece of paper. It was a pretty straightforward shop-lifting from Homebase, woman went in, took a powertool and walked out with it. You attended, store security gave their account of what happened and the woman replied with something along the lines of "I needed to get a present and didn't have any money to pay for one." (Which would seem to me to be an acceptance of the guards account and no attempt to offer a…

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 3.6k views
  11. BookEm
    Started by BookEm,

    A question for traffic officers or officers smarter than me: What train combinations can be towed by a driver with catagory B on their licence, having passed since 1/1/97? I`m aware that the max all up mass of the vehicle can be upto 3500kg (transit van ish) but it is my understanding that the total train weight must not exceed 3500kg either. I`ve spoken to a mate of mine who is a traffic officer whilst we were on duty but it blew my mind a bit to be honest and I think I need it written down on here to slowly digest it. The question arises because a mate of mine wants to tow a small caravan (less than 750kg) behind a van, putting it above 3500kg train weight and he wants…

    • 16 replies
    • 5.7k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  12. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    The most common power of entry for collapsed behind locked doors calls is s.17 of PACE (to save life and limb) what, however, power of entry is appropriate if you look in and clearly see a decomposed corpse? You can't very well "reasonably believe" that it is necessary to enter to "save life and limb" - there is no doubt that there is no "life" to save!

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 7.3k views
  13. phill600
    Started by phill600,

    hi folks am seeking some advice.the guy nextdoor to me as been putting cctv cameras in his windows recording over my front garden.he puts them in behind the net.we have had a few officers around about this problem but they wont do nothing about it.1 officer said it was ok and another says he cant do that.worst of all we think he has it hooked up to his pc and other people are can see our movements.plus we think he is making copys of the film onto dvd.where do we stand.asbo been involved but useless.

  14. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    Question I was called to a job the other day where a young lad who was in the Army was going into a night club and was searched by door staff. When they searched him and they found a container with CS pellets in it that are used for testing respirators. I am ex forces and I know that it is an offence under military law. When I arrived he had been arrested by another PC and I was in the van so I transported him to custody. On arrival at custody I was asked why the gent was here? I was informed by the arresting officer that he had been arrested for possession of a class 5 firearm? Is this correct and if not what offence should he have been arrested for? Any help plea…

  15. BigGSheffield
    Started by BigGSheffield +,

    Following a conversation at work, what would the legality of having an led sign in the back of the car visible to the car behind which could be set to display a short message, similar to the ones police use which say 'follow me' be?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 3.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.